What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I'd understand if there were some genuine howlers, but really a few 50 50 calls were about it. Every team cops those.

Hardly anything that really affected the result.

This.

I watched the game and saw nothing at all to do that in the presser.

It was bizarre.

Avenger

Immortal
He is the gift that keeps on giving. Just a petulant f**kwit and the biggest sook that has ever been involved in Rugby League. This will now go only one way and we all know where that will be. I feel sorry for the Canberra and their fans, they have a good young side but the sooner this joker is exposed as the fool that he is the better.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Childish and petulant. All this will achieve is put the spotlight on him as a reknowned sook. Had he showed up, articulated his thoughts clearly, consisely and reasonable, he'd have put the spotlight where it belongs

Its a dangerous game he plays. It can work but an us against them mentality can rub off on the players. That can offer foster discipline problems on the field.

Obviously the players like Stuart but look at how his personality is starting to come through on the squad. Blake Austin wouldn't want to blow up like a maniac too often.

See Bellamy at the storm can get away with the siege mentality because he doesn't take it too far and Smith is a very strong figure in his own right. Ricky is even crazier and has a really inexperienced captain.

Edit

Basically if Ricky is going to act like a paranoid maniac it will rub off on the players and we are going to lose a lot of penalty counts. On the other hand he's got them playing with a bit of pride in the jersey compared with the last few years.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The only thing that annoyed me really was the missed forward passes on the broncos and the refs picking up a foward pass in the lead up to the fpn no try. Clearly not our day when that happens

Outside of that most of the penalties were "soft" but we weren't very disciplined either.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I only saw the first half but what I saw was Brisbane not finishing sets and the Raiders getting every penalty. Harden up Ricky

--Storm--

Juniors
You would have to be really f**king stupid not to see the improvement in the raiders attack. Are you really f**king stupid.

Hey f**kwit, I never said I couldn't see improvement in there attack, all I said was as long as there defence is so sub standard it doesn't matter how good there attack is.