What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-...stuart-storms-out-of-press-conference/6509478

Ricky Stuart walks out of Canberra Raiders' post-match press conference after Brisbane Broncos loss

Posted May 30, 2015 20:23:47

Canberra is facing a hefty fine from the NRL after coach Ricky Stuart refused to answer media questions and banned his players from talking after their 24-12 loss to Brisbane.

Stuart walked out of the post-match press conference refusing to answer questions at Canberra Stadium on Saturday night, apparently fuming at some of the refereeing decisions.

"Todd Greenberg (NRL's head of football), he was at the game tonight, and I just really hope he saw what I saw," he said.

"It's a lot healthier for our club if I don't go any further into this press conference.

"In respect to all the media, it has nothing to do with you, but it's just a lot healthier if I don't continue."

Stuart then said "thanks" before walking out of the room with captain Jarrod Croker.

Media were not allowed to speak to any of the Raiders post-match, at Stuart's request.

The defeat was Canberra's third in a row and their fifth from sixth matches at home.

skeepe

Immortal
Why would we be fined? He didn't criticise the referees, he turned up to the press conference. Seems to have fulfilled his obligations to me.

Kiwi

First Grade
Why would we be fined? He didn't criticise the referees, he turned up to the press conference. Seems to have fulfilled his obligations to me.
Not really. People slammed Darius Boyd for his efforts not that long ago. To turn up just to say nope not gonna happen is as close as you can get to not turning up and being there. He actually might as well have not shown up.

Kiwi

First Grade
I'll give credit where credit is due, he has turned the Raiders around with brilliant attack, but Stuart just went full genius, you never go full genius.

--Storm--

Juniors
What goods brilliant attack when you leak 41 points v a 2nd string Dogs team, the turn around is in everyone's imagination

Pete Cash

Post Whore
You would have to be really f**king stupid not to see the improvement in the raiders attack. Are you really f**king stupid.

nick87

Coach
Childish and petulant. All this will achieve is put the spotlight on him as a reknowned sook. Had he showed up, articulated his thoughts clearly, consisely and reasonable, he'd have put the spotlight where it belongs

lockyrulz

Juniors
I'd understand if there were some genuine howlers, but really a few 50 50 calls were about it. Every team cops those.

Hardly anything that really affected the result.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
In fairness he could have done that and everyone would say he is making excuses lol.

We got pumped in the penelty count. We got unlucky on a few plays and in the end that was the game. Oh well move on and let's see how we play vs a struggling team before the bye round.

blaza88z

Coach
In fairness he could have done that and everyone would say he is making excuses lol.

We got pumped in the penelty count. We got unlucky on a few plays and in the end that was the game. Oh well move on and let's see how we play vs a struggling team before the bye round.

you didn't get "pumped", you lost the count 8-5, sure you didn't win the count but given the speed you were able to play the ball at, I wouldn't expect there to be a penalty count in your favor

Ricky needs to cop it on the chin and start coaching defense, the good teams defend bad errors (just like we did in the first half when we dropped the ball 9 times)