What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

blaza88z

Coach
The only thing that annoyed me really was the missed forward passes on the broncos and the refs picking up a foward pass in the lead up to the fpn no try. Clearly not our day when that happens

Outside of that most of the penalties were "soft" but we weren't very disciplined either.

the FPN forward pass wasn't a marginal line ball forward pass, it was a metre forward at least

Card Shark

Immortal
the FPN forward pass wasn't a marginal line ball forward pass, it was a metre forward at least

It was the angle of the pass that was so bad. Being a short pass, it was thrown at about 30 degrees forward. A shocker really.

I watched most of the game & thought Canberra had their chances & blew it. Ricky should accept they need to play better to beat a top 4 team.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He's a terrible coach and a shit bloke.

Im sure "Toddy" Greenburg would have witnessed that yesterday and saw what everyone else did.

Nothing wrong with reffing last night. No howlers. No game changers. And, even if there were, just get the f**k on with it and stop using it as an excuse.

nrlnrl

First Grade
He's a terrible coach and a shit bloke.

Im sure "Toddy" Greenburg would have witnessed that yesterday and saw what everyone else did.

Nothing wrong with reffing last night. No howlers. No game changers. And, even if there were, just get the f**k on with it and stop using it as an excuse.

Agree & glad someone else mentioned the "Toddy" reference.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Why would we be fined? He didn't criticise the referees, he turned up to the press conference. Seems to have fulfilled his obligations to me.

it was unprofessional and bitchy.
the refs didn't make the raiders throw that shocking pass just before half time.
they were presented many opportunities but weren't good enough to take then.
the refs didn't make Austin go missing.
a real coach takes the good with the bad

Pete Cash

Post Whore

Yeah and you guys got away with some blatant forward passes including one that led directly to a try.

Its just annoying to see that let go and then have one called. I'm not saying the wighton pass shouldn't have been called forward ? What I'm saying is the broncos ones should have been too. Consistency is what fans want.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I just want to add I don't "blame" the refs for the loss. We did some brainless things. Like kahus try a pretty good defensive effort was undone by Lee going insane and not holding his spot. We had that shut down on numbers as long as Lee didn't charge in....which he did.

What I'm saying as a fan its annoying to see forward passes let go for one side and picked up for yours. If the roles were reversed then bronco supporters would be annoyed too.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
both side got away with forward passes.
just take the loss. you were beaten by a better side.
the broncos are a top four side and won this game fair and square.
raiders should have a good hard look a themselves especially the merkin of a coach
things could go downhill pretty quickly from here.

blaza88z

Coach
I just want to add I don't "blame" the refs for the loss. We did some brainless things. Like kahus try a pretty good defensive effort was undone by Lee going insane and not holding his spot. We had that shut down on numbers as long as Lee didn't charge in....which he did.

What I'm saying as a fan its annoying to see forward passes let go for one side and picked up for yours. If the roles were reversed then bronco supporters would be annoyed too.

you see them let go in every game and you don't mind that as long as they're not ridiculously forward, like the FPN try was

that was a metre forward at least, even the most biased Canberra fan should be able to acknowledge that

bottle

Coach
Regardless of who threw a forward pass to who (whom?), this bloke continues to act like a petulant teenager.
He is an embarrassment to the game, I don't care which club he is coaching.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
you see them let go in every game and you don't mind that as long as they're not ridiculously forward, like the FPN try was

that was a metre forward at least, even the most biased Canberra fan should be able to acknowledge that

I do mind because players aren't supposed to throw nfl style forward passes in a game.

What's wrong with expecting consistency. You are dangerously close to arguing that it was OK that Brisbane got away with a couple because you support Brisbane.

lockyrulz

Juniors
I do mind because players aren't supposed to throw nfl style forward passes in a game.

What's wrong with expecting consistency. You are dangerously close to arguing that it was OK that Brisbane got away with a couple because you support Brisbane.

I;d love to know where all these forward passes were.

Please tell me you aren't talking about the pass to Oates, or the one from Milford.

If you think they were nfl passes then you are kidding yourself plain and simple.

THE CHAMP

First Grade

you do realise the raiders got away with some as well.
Brisbane won Canberra lost that is all.