What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Lord Bendtner

Juniors
The clock has got to be ticking for Stuart. I know the Raiders don't like sacking coaches but if last year's results continue AND he keeps up these defeated press conferences it has got to be a no-brainer.

It'd be fascinating to get some world class sports psychologists to analyse the effect he has on his players

You'd think it would be but he somehow steals a living by convincing Parra and then Canberra that he can turn them around. I guess you could call that a talent in itself...

--Storm--

Juniors
Always on about the other teams roster being better then his, can't make his team feel good hearing that all the time.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Always on about the other teams roster being better then his, can't make his team feel good hearing that all the time.

Yea as someone who works in management, I find that staggering.

It's just him making excuses for his own ineptitude. Ricky has never been able to coach and never understood the difference between giving directions and empowering players.

Still he isn't as bad as Flanagan, who apparently instead of empowering his players to make calls on whether to kick for penalty goals or not, gives it to the trainers to do...

betcats

Referee
He is giving them reasons to lose lol. Imagine being in a tough close game and you have that in the back of your mind, the coach accepting losses because you arent good enough.

God-King Dean

Immortal
And providing a convenient excuse for himself.

I'm sure next year when his contract is ending, the same line will get toted out, and he'll just be 'getting the team I want', if they just give him an extension.

I have little doubt that Raiders will resign him, no matter the results. f**k if I know how he does it, but he still manages to convince the right people that he's a good coach, despite all evidence to the contrary.

betcats

Referee
And providing a convenient excuse for himself.

I'm sure next year when his contract is ending, the same line will get toted out, and he'll just be 'getting the team I want', if they just give him an extension.

I have little doubt that Raiders will resign him, no matter the results. f**k if I know how he does it, but he still manages to convince the right people that he's a good coach, despite all evidence to the contrary.

I dont know how convienient that is really, its his job to improve the roster, surely even the biggest Ricky fans(if there are any) will see through it.

I'm slowly losing confidence...and its not because of his coaching but more because of his selections of our best back rower as a front rower and our best front rowers either on the bench or 20 minutes a game...it's little wonder we've lost the games we've had.

Well, it looks like he's about to break another young halfback. Does anyone think that Cornish deserves to be dropped at this point in time?

I think he has been solid for the Raiders over these last few weeks. Sure, he hasn't been spectacular but he's finding his way in first grade. He wouldn't have been the first player I'd have dropped from that side, that's for sure.

Dutchy

Immortal
Cornish would fit in well on the Northern Beaches with someone like Maloney partnering him.

Keep f**king him around Ricky.

I hope he goes to Manly tbh.

He's a talented kid. Needs a good coach to help him transition into first grade. Hope he finds his way to Melbourne or the Broncos. I'd say Souths but we don't have the room for him. Maybe once Ricky shatters his confidence and his price tag hits rock bottom.

--Storm--

Juniors
Well, it looks like he's about to break another young halfback. Does anyone think that Cornish deserves to be dropped at this point in time?

I think he has been solid for the Raiders over these last few weeks. Sure, he hasn't been spectacular but he's finding his way in first grade. He wouldn't have been the first player I'd have dropped from that side, that's for sure.

Has he seriously dropped Cornish?? His a potential gun.

Incorrect

Coach
Has he seriously dropped Cornish?? His a potential gun.

Meanwhile Sam Williams yo-yo like first grade career (up to NRL, back down to Reggies, Up to NRL, back down to reggies) continues... his confidence levels would be no better than Cornish's. As soon as the Raiders lose 3 on the trot, Williams will be back to reggies and Cornish back in first grade...Sticky will say "I wanted Mitch to go back and work on a few things and to his credit, he's done that and now he gets another chance" and so on and so on...