What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Sandow a champion in the making?

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
So many players are divers nowadays that I'm surprised it's even worth posting about.
I think the main thing here isn't that he simply feigned injury, as heaps of players do that these days.

The issue is that Sandow is a cheap shot merchant who loves jumping into the back of players when they are on the ground, often hitting them around the head with his ridiculous swinging arm.

For a player who tries to be tough like that to then pretend to be injured just to get a penalty is gutless.

It was an example of what Greg Bird basically does on a weekly basis .. and everyone hates that f**ker.

I think the main thing here isn't that he simply feigned injury, as heaps of players do that these days.

The issue is that Sandow is a cheap shot merchant who loves jumping into the back of players when they are on the ground, often hitting them around the head with his ridiculous swinging arm.

For a player who tries to be tough like that to then pretend to be injured just to get a penalty is gutless.

It was an example of what Greg Bird basically does on a weekly basis .. and everyone hates that f**ker.

When has Sandow hit other players around the head? Cannot remember him being suspended?

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Yeah, but Sandow also made a lifting tackle in between the legs last night and he wasn't cited for it either ... he never seems to get suspended, go figure.

In any case, whether he actually clobbers a player in the head, or gets them in the back, the fact is that the player is unprotected and lying on the ground ... there is no need for him to come flying in, jump from 3m and try to hurt the tackled player .. that sort of 'toughness' doesn't earn respect. Especially given he is a tough player in other aspects (i.e. any small player in the NRL gets smashed a few times a game, and getting up from that every time is tough IMO).

But anyway, point is that he does that, so if he wants to be tough like that, he shouldn't be pulling the old Greg-Bird-wink-at-the-camera trick .. unless he wants to wind up being held in the same regard as that guy!

Yeah, but Sandow also made a lifting tackle in between the legs last night and he wasn't cited for it either ... he never seems to get suspended, go figure.

In any case, whether he actually clobbers a player in the head, or gets them in the back, the fact is that the player is unprotected and lying on the ground ... there is no need for him to come flying in, jump from 3m and try to hurt the tackled player .. that sort of 'toughness' doesn't earn respect. Especially given he is a tough player in other aspects (i.e. any small player in the NRL gets smashed a few times a game, and getting up from that every time is tough IMO).

But anyway, point is that he does that, so if he wants to be tough like that, he shouldn't be pulling the old Greg-Bird-wink-at-the-camera trick .. unless he wants to wind up being held in the same regard as that guy!

Your clutching at straws trying to compare Chris Sandow to Greg Bird.I would not belittle any player comparing them to Bird,.

boo_boo

Juniors
I cant believe the criticism that both Sandow or Soward has attracted in this thread.
Both are little blokes who should be commended for getting in there & having a go.
And i would love to see Jamie Soward in a Red & Green jersey.
Great little player.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Never said he was perfect.

Well I don't know about that. He put in a perfectly bad night when it was all to play for:lol:. Saints V. Burgess.

If Sandow had gone to ground after he ran into Scott I don't really think there's an issue, but to go down with the 'sh!t I've got a broken jaw' theatrics was really quite embarassing for his reputation - everyone saw thru it, it was cringeworthy and even he knew it.

He's a gutsy, passionate bloke with some degree of talent. But as for being as tough and as disiplined as his 'brother' Preston Campbell, he's not in the same ballpark or postcode as that little champ.

Big Norm

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Your clutching at straws trying to compare Chris Sandow to Greg Bird.I would not belittle any player comparing them to Bird,.

Comparing Sandow to Bird is belittling Bird. At least Bird plays the game tough, Sandow looks to try and injure players when they're on the ground in almost every tackle. He's a wannabe thug with small man syndrome.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
q: what did chris sandow say to jamie soward at the end of the 2012 season?

a: do you want fries with that?

CCJames

Juniors
Can not believe this thread lol

Was Sandow hit high by Scott? Yes

Does a high shot deserve a penalty? Yes

Whether or not he stayed down or was actually injured is irrelevant as he was hit and in the current rules that constitutes a penalty!

Goddo

Bench
Was Sandow hit high?
Scott didn't even touch him. Go watch it again dopey. Why do you think the judiciary dropped it imediately.

Does an imaginary shot deserve a penalty?
No, but the Ref was fooled by some quality acting.

Does Sandow spend his spare time at NIDA?
Probably, its not too far from Redfern.

Would the Dragons have scored an 80m try if it wasn't for the little merkin?
Yes.

Was Sandow hit high?
Scott didn't even touch him. Go watch it again dopey. Why do you think the judiciary dropped it imediately.

Does an imaginary shot deserve a penalty?
No, but the Ref was fooled by some quality acting.

Does Sandow spend his spare time at NIDA?
Probably, its not too far from Redfern.

Would the Dragons have scored an 80m try if it wasn't for the little merkin?
Yes.

Chris has nothing on Soward.Soward is the ultimate pro when it comes to milking penalties!