What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a NRL commercial this year?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Danish said:
Severe lack of 2002 GF in the ad. A bit sh*thouse considering every other GF of this decade got a run.

In addition to that - the 2004 GF didn't feature in that final building-up section either to be honest. And I don't particularly mind.

beave

Coach
I cringe everytime i see Benj's flick pass to Richards, that was the nail in our coffin that night. Why we kept kicking to his side during that GF just does my head in........... The ad is okay, I really want to see it on my tv though. Only 7 more sleeps..........I feel like a damn kid again!!!!!!!

Caged Panther

First Grade
Great ad but then again how could I not be happy with an ad that features two of the greatest moments in the panthers history.

Timmah

Staff member
Benny Roberts threw a very Benji-esque flick pass on the same spot of ANZ the other night, led to a 'Dogs try which ultimately sunk Pemriff IIRC.

hutch

First Grade
great ad, lets hope it lasts longer than the usual 3-4 weeks they normally run their ads for. there was harldy any nrl advertising last year, this is a massive year with the centenary and world cup on.

Timmah

Staff member
I saw the 2007 ad throughout the year on Fox, Nine and at the games to be honest.

innsaneink

Referee
beave said:
I cringe everytime i see Benj's flick pass to Richards, that was the nail in our coffin that night. Why we kept kicking to his side during that GF just does my head in........... The ad is okay, I really want to see it on my tv though. Only 7 more sleeps..........I feel like a damn kid again!!!!!!!

They were running right to where we were sitting, couldnt work out what had actually happened until we saw the replay...didnt even see the flick head onin real time

Blind Freddy

Juniors
They've nailed it, and have raised the bar. Well done to everyone involved :clap:

Now they've gotta drown everyone and saturate every Australian with as much Rugby League as possible in every media source at their disposal. That should be the next goal.

thanks for the person who posted it on msn.

good stuff.

for people who continually bag the nrl all the time, take a step back.

the people running the game now care about the history and tradition

Shorty

Staff member
They definitely should be advertising the f**k out of it,cause that ad definitely makes you want to watch footy.

who was junior peace next to as a kick was lined up at the SCG, was it churchill or maybe barnes?

churchill out to lockyer.

like how theyve superimposed the old and the new.

when you see that you wonder why anyone would bother with any other sport.

that shows why we are undisputedly number 1

beave

Coach
innsaneink said:
They were running right to where we were sitting, couldnt work out what had actually happened until we saw the replay...didnt even see the flick head onin real time

i was on that side but up in the nose bleeds (Category "A" my a$$ NRL) and i couldn't believe it when i saw it, was beyond words. I have never watched that game in full since, seen snippets here and there, it just hurts too much to watch it. Though to be honest, I think our chance was the year before, but thanks to Simpkins we will never know. We weren't playing all that well in 2005, Melbourne and Parra had off nights in the finals, we certainly got showed up in the big one. But, it was a great week, the $1200 flight down was totally worth it.

girvie

Staff member
I've had a crack at working out who is who in the ad.

I've found 85. The more obvious ones. Still over 100 that i have no idea about.

Does anyone know what the prize is for working out the most names of players shown in the ad?

Timmah

Staff member
Loved how they spliced in the audio of Hyde "It's long enough, it's high enough"

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mr_Raditch said:
The best was the Kid who holds up the pic of Ben Cousins "Im Ben Cousins dealer"

Wayne Carey's one was good too "Im Wayne Carey's punching Bag"
LOL.

Red Bear

Referee
quality quality ad, bout time we had a good one

Could do with a snippet of the bears tho, maybe winning on eof our wooden spoons or choking in the prelims:)

Nuke

Staff member
macavity said:
must admit, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up every time I see Albert go over in the 97 GF. best RL moment ever.
Me too ... it's been over 10 years since that moment took place, but every single time without fail that I see that moment, I get goosebumps.

I can recall seeing it happen before my eyes. I was at the SFS that day, behind the corner where John Hopoate scored in the first half ... and in the direction Albert was running after he's passed the last of the Manly defensive line in that try. Funny though, I don't remember it in motion, or even when Alby put the ball down ... all I have is a snapshot-kinda-photograph image in my memory of Albert streaking past the defensive line. There's like a wall of Manly players, and one red & blue jumper breaking the line on the opposite side of the posts to where I was. There was an article in one of the newspapers in the lead-up to the '97GF on the last 4 of the original Knights, and the last line -which at the time before the game was very deep and 'wow' to me (I don't know why)- was 'One moment in time.'
I guess my memory-snapshot was my one moment in time.

... Back on topic for a moment, all I've seen of the ad was the last few seconds (just prior to Albert scoring on the ad) on Sports Tonight, and the whole thing on that MSN website, but it looks absolutely fantastic. I do question why it's 2 Melbourne players who pat Norm Provan and Aurthur Summons on the back at the end, but I'd guess it's because they won last year's Grand Final ... if that's the case, I can live with that.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I gotta admit. The 97 ARL Grand Final is the best one I have seen in my 20 years of life. For a few reasons.

queenslandfan

Juniors
amazing advert, makes me proud to be a fan of rugby league and brings back alot of memories. i dont even like newcastle, but that 97 grand final was amazing.

i have picked up one mistake though, in the scene with the fight between lewis and geyer, there are 2 nsw number 9s standing around. (danny buderus & benny elias)

Latest posts