What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any truth to the Nate Myles Rumour

KevinArnold

Juniors
Hmmmm big $'s for a player that doesn't have an impact for the majority of a game? :lol: .No Thanks. He's an impact player, that is it.

Smartman

Juniors
No way is Nate Myles worth 250, 000 a season at this point of his career.

Hes like a 150,000 dollar player but himself and his manager are greedy pricks. :cool:

We still have a strong forward pack even if he does leave which is 100% likely.

The Colonel

Immortal
KevinArnold said:
Hmmmm big $'s for a player that doesn't have an impact for the majority of a game? :lol: .No Thanks. He's an impact player, that is it.

Last year when a lot of their players were out he and Asotasi did a great job. Myles as a starter was very good. Worth the money? Not right now but if we could get him long term the investment would be worth it IMO. He isn't afraid of hard work......

Bazal

Post Whore
Smartman said:
No way is Nate Myles worth 250, 000 a season at this point of his career.

Hes like a 150,000 dollar player but himself and his manager are greedy pricks. :cool:

We still have a strong forward pack even if he does leave which is 100% likely.

That's true, but hey if Lyons manager can get him half a freaking mill than anything can happen. I'd rather Parra didn't offer him 250k, for that we can sign up a few just-as-established-yet-less-hyped young guys....but that's what player managers do, the scum. And if that's what he is asking then it's no surprise you guys are letting him go...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Umm...What's the big deal financially on signing Myles?

I heard we offered Riddell HUGE bucks, as we did with Cannings. And neither one of those is a current top-level representative forward...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Few Queenslanders have, though.

I think Myles would go along very nicely in the Blue and Gold.

And besides, Hindmarsh struggled the first few times he put on a sky blue jersey too. But look at him these days.

Bazal

Post Whore
I thought Myles was pretty good tonight, some good runs and a few big hits. Simpson was good too, made some great runs. Hopefully we can nab one of them....

Bazal

Post Whore
CrazyEel said:
Couldn't till he actually played in origin.

He could have re-signed any time he liked, yet he has waited til after Origin when he is allowed to talk to other clubs. Could be he wants out, you never know...of course he could just be bumping up his Newcastle contract.

CrazyEel

Bench
Bazal said:
He could have re-signed any time he liked, yet he has waited til after Origin when he is allowed to talk to other clubs. Could be he wants out, you never know...
Yep, that's what I was saying :D

KevinArnold

Juniors
Last year when a lot of their players were out he and Asotasi did a great job. Myles as a starter was very good. Worth the money? Not right now but if we could get him long term the investment would be worth it IMO. He isn't afraid of hard work......

As a Eels supporter, I'd much rather "invest" in our own backyard rather than a player that might turn out to be very good (Cannings anyone?). Investing is not what Parra should be doing, there's plenty of investments running around in our lower-grades. We need established/proven players now.

parra pete

Referee
That's exactly what I meant too!
If he was going to resign with the Knights he would have by now..

Y2Eel

First Grade
geez simpson played well tonight made some big hit ups please sign with us....

cayless1989

Juniors
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
I know we are getting desperate but I really hope we don't pay overs for him. IMO he hasn't proven himself as a genuine starting forward yet. I would rather keep Jack Afa and the like and hope they reach their potential for much less money
i agree jack hasnt reached his potential yet.

slippery nipeel

Juniors
"What has Myles done that is so special. The hype is not warranted. He would not make the NSW 3rd grade origin squad. More potential in Hurakia, Taia and Cordoba."

Good players but don't let faith get in the way of your judgement, Jake!! Myles is very good, very good and without denying the potential of Hurakia, Taia and Cordoba; if they were as good as Myles at this stage they would have at least cemented possies in 1st grade by now.

Latest posts