What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Mitchell Pearce's last chance in Origin?

How many State of Origin matches will Mitchell Piss play?

• Zero

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Mr Saab

Referee
Mullen will more likely play 5/8 under Bennett than halfback. Bennett always prefers non-flashy halfbacks (Hornby, Shane Perry) and prefers high quality 5/8's (lockyer...) I think Bennett will go with a Mullen/Gidley combo for Newcastle which will lead to a Mullen/Pearce combo for NSW.

Bwaaaaaahahah....what a load of S H I T!!
Bennett, as has been pointed out, had Langer for 12 1/2 seasons (1999 he bailed) and he was as flashy as they come....remember him not taking the 2 and going for the try?
Shane Perry was not by choice, it was forced upon him and Bennett made him the best worst halfback to win a comp!

OVP

Coach
I'm tired of defending Mitchell Finch. I've never seen anything worthy of the rubbish hype around him and I'm still frigging waiting. Bugger NSW, i want him gone from the Roosters.

Mr Saab

Referee
Try listening to Gary Freeman every Monday morning on 2ky...he defends his relentlessly

Kelly Patrol

Juniors
The selection of Pearce shows just what a rabble NSW are. He is a piss poor half that because of family and media connections gets pushed for the Blues. Carney made that hack look good last year.

Media agendas are one of the big problems for the blues. Pick who they say or your gonna get hammered.

stephenj

Juniors
2gb like to think they pick the team and the captain! shameless politicking during the easts cronulla game! hadley loves the power that why he rang his mate o'barrel to get carneys license taken !

j0nesy

Bench
I have time for Pearce. Yes he is lucky to be there on form, but I think he shows some potential. Id give him the whole series to prove why he should be there. We really dont have that many halfback options in NSW. Ignoring position, I think the following are our best halves, in rough order:

1. Soward
2. Carney (alcoholic)
3. Campese (long term injury)
4. Mullen
5. Hornby (not available for rep selection)
6. Pearce
7. Wallace

Unfortunately they are mostly 5/8ths, but I wouldnt rule out Soward playing a halfback role in the future for NSW if Pearce doesnt come good. Campese and Carney are brilliant stand offs I can see them playing roles in the future.

Notaleaver

Juniors
will it be his last chance? i have a feeling that even if he underperforms in game one then hell still be reselected for game 2

because unfortunately the other halfs you mentioned will still be plagued with injury/ruined reputation.

mullen MIGHT be picked but i doubt it, the selectors appear to want to give pearce a good go in the hope he comes good

farmeister

Juniors
For the long term I think Campese and Carney have the greatest potential out of any halves combination for NSW. Both can run at the line, have a good passing game, and can kick long. Campese brings strength and solid defence, and Carney brings speed and unpredictability. Each player led his team's charge to the finals last year. I can't think of another pair that complement each other as well as those two do.

It's a shame that at this stage of their careers they only have 1 origin game between the two of them.

I'm not blaming anyone for not selecting them since they've struggled with injury and idiocy respectively.

But it's a shame we didn't have the opportunity to pick these two a couple of years ago and stick with them.

And the sad thing is that even if both come back and regain top form, they'll still be stuck in line behind Pearce, Soward, and maybe Mullen. NSW may drop one of Pearce or Soward in the future, but it's very unlikely that they'll drop both to make way for Campese & Carney.

j0nesy

Bench
I remember watching Wallace play for Penrith and Carney for Canberra, and thinking to myself that these two would be the future NSW origin halves. Unfortunately Wallace has lost his pace off the mark and rarely takes on the line, and as a result has become fairly predictable. Carney will play for NSW if he stays sobre. I really like the idea of Soward and Carney as the halves if Pearce doesnt come good.

Carney and Campese are by far the most talented halves NSW have. Pity one of them can't play halfback

I have time for Pearce. Yes he is lucky to be there on form, but I think he shows some potential. Id give him the whole series to prove why he should be there. We really dont have that many halfback options in NSW. Ignoring position, I think the following are our best halves, in rough order:

1. Soward
2. Carney (alcoholic)
3. Campese (long term injury)
4. Mullen
5. Hornby (not available for rep selection)
6. Pearce
7. Wallace

Unfortunately they are mostly 5/8ths, but I wouldnt rule out Soward playing a halfback role in the future for NSW if Pearce doesnt come good. Campese and Carney are brilliant stand offs I can see them playing roles in the future.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dragon2010

First Grade
will it be his last chance? i have a feeling that even if he underperforms in game one then hell still be reselected for game 2

because unfortunately the other halfs you mentioned will still be plagued with injury/ruined reputation.

mullen MIGHT be picked but i doubt it, the selectors appear to want to give pearce a good go in the hope he comes good

There isn't any selectors? Ricky hand-picked the whole team I believe.

And Pearce will be there for surname alone.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I don't think Carney has anymore of a drinking problem than most guys his age.

If Pearce or Soward don't cut it he should come in.

j0nesy

Bench
Carney and Campese are by far the most talented halves NSW have. Pity one of them can't play halfback

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Soward by a mile - WCC winning 5/8, 2010 premiership and 2009 & 2010 minor premiership. Best kicking game in the competition, is dangerous with the ball in hand, is just about the quickest player in the comp over 30m, has an excellent long passing game, defence has improved markedly and is a decent defender now. I do agree that the other two have the talent though. Given one is injured and the other is not playing well this season, and has alcohol issues, Soward is streets ahead at this point in time.

Soward by a mile - WCC winning 5/8, 2010 premiership and 2009 & 2010 minor premiership. Best kicking game in the competition, is dangerous with the ball in hand, is just about the quickest player in the comp over 30m, has an excellent long passing game, defence has improved markedly and is a decent defender now. I do agree that the other two have the talent though. Given one is injured and the other is not playing well this season, and has alcohol issues, Soward is streets ahead at this point in time.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::crazy::crazy: If only team awards counted for individual players. You could argue that Prior is the best lock with those stats. Idiot

Vic Mackey

Referee
i dont really know whos going to do what. pearce and soward both play on the right for their club teams. im assuming pearce will move to the left as soward will have scott and gaz on the right.

im guesing bird will do quiet a bit of ball playing on the left and pearce will mainly be a distrubter.

i really dont know how gaz or jennings are going to get early clean ball with these halves/hooker/fullback we've picked.

j0nesy

Bench
:sarcasm::sarcasm::crazy::crazy: If only team awards counted for individual players. You could argue that Prior is the best lock with those stats. Idiot

If you want stats then fine, Soward beats your man crush Pearce, even in defence. This season:

Soward - 9 games, 12 try assists, 7 line breaks, ~4900 kick meters, 20 missed tackles
Pearce - 9 games, 8 try assists, 1 line breaks, ~2400 kick meters, 26 missed tackles

Are you and raidersarentpremiers the same person?

If you want stats then fine, Soward beats your man crush Pearce, even in defence. This season:

Soward - 9 games, 12 try assists, 7 line breaks, ~4900 kick meters, 20 missed tackles
Pearce - 9 games, 8 try assists, 1 line breaks, ~2400 kick meters, 26 missed tackles

Are you and raidersarentpremiers the same person?

How about posting total tackles before you say Soward's better in defence. Let me do if for you: Soward: 104, Pearce: 148. Selective stats are nice aren't they?

league

Juniors
One of the most overrated players of recent times.
He's the media darling, and his dad is Wayne Pearce, so he'll be a shoo-in for NSW for many years to come, unfortunately.

league

Juniors
How about posting total tackles before you say Soward's better in defence. Let me do if for you: Soward: 104, Pearce: 148. Selective stats are nice aren't they?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but judging by those numbers Soward misses roughly 1 every 5.2 tackles, while Pearce misses 1 every 5.6 tackles.

Soward has 7 linebreaks to the 1 of Pearce, so much for having a shit running game :lol:

Soward shows him up in every Dragons vs Roosters game.

Keep fighting the good fight, maybe Mitchell will one day recruit you as his PR man :lol: