What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this the 'A' team v Tits ?

ozbash

Referee
Sam Rapira, Micheal Luck and Ben Matulino all return to the fray for the New Zealand Warriors' third and final National Rugby League trial against Gold Coast in Lismore, New South Wales, on Saturday night.

The trio have been named in a 21-man squad to fly out on Friday for a match that coach Ivan Cleary says of significance.
Prop Rapira and loose forward Luck were rested for the 32-28 trial win over North Queensland in Auckland on Sunday while Matulino is returning after being excused to attend his sister's wedding.
Cleary will have the composition of his 17-man squad for the season-opening NRL match against Parramatta in Auckland on March 14 in mind this weekend.
"We haven't yet settled on the combination we'll start with against the Titans but this trial will still sort out a few things for us in terms of the way we'll approach the match against the Eels," he said.
"There are plenty of areas we need to improve on despite the wins we've had against Melbourne and the Cowboys.
"Our goalline defence certainly wasn't where we wanted it to be last Sunday.
"While I have a fair idea in my mind about the team we'll run with on March 14 there are still some calls to be made."
Former North Queensland second rower Jacob Lillyman is in the party as he continues to make good progress from his off-season shoulder surgery.
The only established NRL player not travelling to Lismore will be prop Evarn Tuimavave who is still being troubled by a neck injury while young prop Mataupu Poching was unavailable because of an ankle injury.
Also not in the travelling group are just-signed former Newcastle prop Jesse Royal, Patrick Ah Van, Lewis Brown, Liam Foran, Epalahame Lauaki, Daniel O'Regan, Herman Retzlaff, Malo Solomona and Michael Witt.
They will play for a Warriors selection against the Auckland Vulcans in Auckland on Saturday.
Squad:
Wade McKinnon, Denan Kemp, Manu Vatuvei, Aidan Kirk, Jerome Ropati, Brent Tate, Aaron Heremaia, Joel Moon, Nathan Fien, Stacey Jones, Leeson Ah Mau, Russell Packer, Steve Price (captain), Sam Rapira, Ian Henderson, Lance Hohaia, Jacob Lillyman, Simon Mannering, Ben Matulino, Ukuma Ta'ai, Micheal Luck

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4859916a1823.html

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Good to see the Warriors have taken care of Ukumas passport issues.

That Warriors selection sounds like a good team with some of those names mentioned there. Gooooo Wittyyyyy!!

wittyfan

Referee
The only established NRL player not travelling to Lismore will be prop Evarn Tuimavave who is still being troubled by a neck injury while young prop Mataupu Poching was unavailable because of an ankle injury.

Ummm, Witty's played over 90 NRL games.

f**kwit journalist.

ozbash

Referee
Does anybody know where this game is being played?

Of the NRL squad players not in the travelling group, just-signed former Newcastle prop Jesse Royal, Patrick Ah Van, Lewis Brown, Liam Foran, Epalahame Lauaki, Daniel O’Regan, Herman Retzlaff, Malo Solomona and Michael Witt are set to turn out for a Vodafone Warriors selection against the Auckland Vulcans at Walter Massey Park in Mangere on Saturday (2.00pm kick-off). The selection will also include Vodafone Junior Warriors squad members not involved in the NYC trial in Lismore

warriors.co.nz

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Ivan's established that he won't be playing first grade for the Warriors this year.

:lol::lol::lol:

Witt actually is a tidy player and i reckon he is under-rated. In saying that, unless we get struck with injuries, he won't get much game time. Its a good situation to be in with so much competition for the halves spots. Moon, Witt, Fien, Jones, John, Foran, O'regan and Hohaia.

Hooker theres Hohaia, Fien and Hendo.

I just hope we have a decent goal kicker in the team without Witt. There's nothing worse than scoring more tries than the opposition only to lose the game on goal kicks - Really sucks.

Witt is a good sound player and a fantastic goal kicker - I would pick him every time.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/witt-unwanted-warriors-2504485

The Warriors' unexpected depth in the halves looks to have cost a Mount Smart Stadium favourite his place in the NRL.
Standoff Michael Witt says he's been told he will be playing for the Auckland Vulcans this season.
Witt hasn't played in any of the NRL trial matches so far and is clearly not in coach Ivan Cleary's plans.
He has been told the club is going in a different direction and he's not really part of it.
Michael Witt was told last year he could look for other clubs and a deal came up during the Warriors run to the semi-finals.
Warriors management told him at the time he wouldn't need to move on, but when things changed a few weeks later the UK deal was already gone.

Seeya later Witty.

AliN

Live Update Team
gotta feel for Witty, poor bugga.

His worst problem was having Ravs beside him.

NZ Warrior

First Grade

The Warriors' unexpected depth in the halves looks to have cost a Mount Smart Stadium favourite his place in the NRL.
Standoff Michael Witt says he's been told he will be playing for the Auckland Vulcans this season.
Witt hasn't played in any of the NRL trial matches so far and is clearly not in coach Ivan Cleary's plans.
He has been told the club is going in a different direction and he's not really part of it.
Michael Witt was told last year he could look for other clubs and a deal came up during the Warriors run to the semi-finals.
Warriors management told him at the time he wouldn't need to move on, but when things changed a few weeks later the UK deal was already gone.

Seeya later Witty.

I think the Vulcans are going to gain a big fan this year.

At least they'll be able to convert 89% of their tries & penalties.

Skinner

Coach
I think the Vulcans are going to gain a big fan this year.

At least they'll be able to convert 89% of their tries & penalties.

He went good when he played for them last season.

I feel sorry for him...I think it's a personality clash with Cleary thb.

Rich102

Staff member
The guy is nice enough and a good goal kicker. Problem is he lacks direction at standoff; and with that backline outside him that is really hampering the team.
That said Cleary stuck with him and Ravs so long I thought they were going to die in the 6 & 7 jerseys. I would be surprised if one of the ESL teams didn't make him an offer.

wittyfan

Referee

Seeya later Witty.

Underlines just how bad management are.