What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel Folau signs $2 million deal

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
hineyrulz said:
Gee big loss for the Storm, i can see them struggle this yr being torn apart like this. 500k a year for a centre????? you can tell Bennett had nothing to do with neogations, who will the Bronc's cut to fit him under the cap????
Bwaaaah Haaaar haaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

Alot of Good Broncos player gonna be on the market soon.

SO Lockyer. Hodges and Iss'd be on about half the salary cap eh?

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
Mitchsu Danger said:
So much for Roosters promising Mason that Folau and Inu would be at the club next year lol.

Also, Storm fans dont worry...Joe Tomane. Nuff said.
SAM JOE will be pretty awesome as well at some stage.

IMO we need to start scouting a good replacement now...I would not want to see another rookie in the centres with Chambers although the likes of Tomane and Sam Joe are stars in the making...Joe looks real good.

The Broncos will be chucking big bucks at Bellamy now and Storm should make him a massive offer to keep him here.

steaming stormer said:
For that money, bye bye Issy, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!
He is a very good player with infinite potential, but as a Melbourne fan, I've seen many players leave for 'greener pastures' only to achieve very little after leaving.
Matt Orford, Kirk Reynoldson... the list goes on.

The one thing that him signing for that sort of money does is make it near impossible for the Broncos to sign Smith and Inglis as people seem to be claiming as inevitable now. Unless Lockyer, Hunt or Hodges leave, they cannot possibly afford them!

Think he may cop a bit on Friday night too

Good point...apparently the whole team is going to the Broncos. Smith, Inglis...blah blah. Try and keep all of it under the cap...no chance.

Folau may cop a bit..wonder if he talked to Orford or Noddy ??.:p

Ice777

Bench
Mitchsu Danger said:
Also, Storm fans dont worry...Joe Tomane. Nuff said.

I just read this entire thread and i can't believe it took 6 pages for someone to bring up this kids name. He'll be a more than worthy replacement which will be shown in time so to the assclowns questioning the Storm's future, it'll take a sh*tload more than losing ONE player to make us go away so get the f**k over it.

As for losing Issy, while i was resigned to the fact of him moving on i won't say i'm still not a bit disappointed he has. But jesus, there's other players i'd spew lot more about if we lost them than him and the one plus side of this is that it'll free up a bit of cash to help sign some of these blokes. That includes Dallas Johnson who's worth to our side is much more than Issy's ever was or ever would have been. That's no offence to Issy or his abilities but he is only a centre/winger after all.

While i'm sure he'll cop a bit on Friday night off some sections of the crowd he won't be copping none off me. I don't think he left for the money at all he only wanted to be close to his family so you can't really begrudge him that. If he had've left for the coin then it would be a different story but his still a kid really and if he's happier being closer to his family then that's where he should be.

One more thing, to all who are saying Inglis and Smith are going to the Bronco's, how will they afford them?

Karmawave

Bench
I think the kid has potentially set himself up for being the most over-rated player in the game somewhere in the near future.

Sure he has ability, but am I the only person who has seen him turn in some shockers where he hardly involves himself in the game?

UK trip in February being an example?

No team can afford a player on that type of coin that has the potential to go missing in big games so easily. No one can play perfect every game, but there's been many a time I've wondered in a game " where's izzy "

Mr Saab

Referee
Cut his some slack. It was he debut yr in 2007 and he is a kid!
Give him 5 yrs and then see where he is

simostorm

Bench
Regarding Salary cap exemptions...

Canberra need them for sure..

And Storm obvoulsy could use exemptions just in keeping there own developed players not for buying signings..

Or

Introduce a Draft to solve everything..It would sove so many issues regarding player
signings it would help clubs keep players theve developed..

Karmawave

Bench
No one said he can't play! He can be unstoppable.

He may be a kid , but with the contract he just signed, he can't play like a kid anymore, or people will be using the over-rated - overpaid terms quicker than anything.

Also I'm no religious expert, but don't Mormons donate a certain % of their wages to their church?

If so, I'm sure the Folau family church in Brisbane is going out to the Ferrari dealership tomorrow...

nqboy

First Grade
Izzy leaving Melbourne and going to Brisbane is a damn shame for the game. $500k is overs for a raw talent centre, $400K would be closer.

Ice777 said:
I just read this entire thread and i can't believe it took 6 pages for someone to bring up this kids name. He'll be a more than worthy replacement which will be shown in time so to the assclowns questioning the Storm's future, it'll take a sh*tload more than losing ONE player to make us go away so get the f**k over it.

As for losing Issy, while i was resigned to the fact of him moving on i won't say i'm still not a bit disappointed he has. But jesus, there's other players i'd spew lot more about if we lost them than him and the one plus side of this is that it'll free up a bit of cash to help sign some of these blokes. That includes Dallas Johnson who's worth to our side is much more than Issy's ever was or ever would have been. That's no offence to Issy or his abilities but he is only a centre/winger after all.

While i'm sure he'll cop a bit on Friday night off some sections of the crowd he won't be copping none off me. I don't think he left for the money at all he only wanted to be close to his family so you can't really begrudge him that. If he had've left for the coin then it would be a different story but his still a kid really and if he's happier being closer to his family then that's where he should be.

One more thing, to all who are saying Inglis and Smith are going to the Bronco's, how will they afford them?

Agree Ice...we can now tie up DJ and the likes of Blair and Tagatese and co who are the future of the club.

I would still like us to go out and scout a good experienced centre for 09.

And I will not be abusing him on Friday...he is a young kid with a bright future.

Orford on the other hand...

Serc

First Grade
salivor said:
Wow we finally got out the cheque book. At least we didn't go and buy half the Dragons squad like the Knights.

We're very happy with our Dragon's recruits thank you very much :D From memory Saints were happy for us to take them off their hands as well!

Edit: Actually refer to sig for some proof lol

lockyno1

Post Whore
nqboy said:
Izzy leaving Melbourne and going to Brisbane is a damn shame for the game.

No it isn't- it is called the salary cap. It is the negative about success on field- players command more money.

freeridermx

Juniors
i wouldn`t believe what is said in the paper there is no way the broncos would pay that amount of money for a player. it just the bullsh*t papers talking they dont know what they are talking about as they are two story with 500k differance , so they clearly dont know what they are talking about.
the story doing the rounds before, was he was offered much less to head north and thats why the storm was thinking they had him because what they offered was much more then the broncos. but it wasnt the money that was the selling point. it was his family , the storm should of brought his family to melbourne

Crikey is that the going rate for a bloke who catches bombs 2m out and falls over the try line ? Lucky contracts aren't done on yardage eh ... he'd be almost as grateful for that as Nathan Hindmarsh

_Johnsy

Referee
steaming stormer said:
Not when the club signed him as a 14/15 year old, developed him into the player he is, and then get shafted after 2 years, no I don't. However, for the money he has allegedly signed for, off he can go. He is a centre, and no successful side is built around a centre. The bulk of the money needs to go on the spine, and we have 3 crucial players to try and sew up long term that are more important to the side than Issy. Namely Slater, Smith and GI. I'd say Dallas too, but he'll re-sign early this week now we know what's going on with Falou.

Would you be throwing that sort of money at a centre Johnsy?

We did, however the one we signed is worth every cent. Issy is not.

Latest posts