What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s D-day for Daniel

84 Baby

Referee
You'd play the person who gives you the best chance of winning this year. Pretty simple really.....
Mateo aside because there is only one Mateo, can you definitely say that one of Mortimer/Keating is better than the other and would provide us with a better chance of winning? To me, they are fairly identical. Size, ability, heart

The Colonel

Immortal
Mateo aside because there is only one Mateo, can you definitely say that one of Mortimer/Keating is better than the other and would provide us with a better chance of winning? To me, they are fairly identical. Size, ability, heart

But you and others are stating that you would play Mitchell or Humble ahead of either of them if they signed with another club. Neither Humble or Mitchell have played any first grade yet you would send Mortimer or Keating to Wentworthville if they weren't signed beyond 2010. IMO you play with your best players regardless of where they have signed and with Mateo likely to play in 13 you have the 6, 7 or 14 jersey to fill and both players would be the first picked in either of those three positions unless form dictates they shouldn't be. It doesn't matter if Mortimer or Keating signs with another club, what matters is the 2010 season and you play with the best players you have available - not who is going to be here at the end of it.

(Mitchell by the way is also off contract at the end of the season and could also leave)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Unbelievable...Mortimer is the enemy! Robson is pure evil! Mateo is a bastard!

:crazy:

f**k me sideways - a ball hasn't even been kicked in anger and half of you are getting all emo on me already.

yy_cheng

Coach
But you and others are stating that you would play Mitchell or Humble ahead of either of them if they signed with another club. Neither Humble or Mitchell have played any first grade yet you would send Mortimer or Keating to Wentworthville if they weren't signed beyond 2010. IMO you play with your best players regardless of where they have signed and with Mateo likely to play in 13 you have the 6, 7 or 14 jersey to fill and both players would be the first picked in either of those three positions unless form dictates they shouldn't be. It doesn't matter if Mortimer or Keating signs with another club, what matters is the 2010 season and you play with the best players you have available - not who is going to be here at the end of it.

(Mitchell by the way is also off contract at the end of the season and could also leave)

Well Stagger thinks that Mitchell will get a crack sometime this year. Why not in the beginning?

Although winning every game is what we want, if Mortz announces he signs with the Dogs and KK have not signed, wouldn't allowing KK play 6 instead of 14 a bit of a sweetener to sign on?

It also tests out if he is ready to take on the 6. If he fails miserably, at least then we know he is not the answer and we should reduce our offer and go shopping.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well Stagger thinks that Mitchell will get a crack sometime this year. Why not in the beginning?

There is always the chance he gets first shot but just to give that shot because a player has signed somewhere else instead of earning it is ridiculous especially when we have a huge competition for spots.

Although winning every game is what we want, if Mortz announces he signs with the Dogs and KK have not signed, wouldn't allowing KK play 6 instead of 14 a bit of a sweetener to sign on?

And that I have no problem with is Mortimer is used in the 14 and Keating plays at six. Vice versa. You don't just drop a player to Wenty because you don't want to develop him for someone else.

The Colonel

Immortal
whatever happens - Ozzie please dont bust the bank chasing him !!!!!

Not sure we will bust the bank doing it this early in the season as I don't think the Bulldogs main target is Mortimer and the Dogs will be worried the Eels will call their bluff.

ParraMatt

Bench
What do you guys feel is a reasonable fee per year for Mortimer to re-sign on.. And what do you think the Bulldogs are willing to pay?

Surely $150,000 a year is enough for a 3 year deal yeh?

The Colonel

Immortal
What do you guys feel is a reasonable fee per year for Mortimer to re-sign on.. And what do you think the Bulldogs are willing to pay?

Surely $150,000 a year is enough for a 3 year deal yeh?

The Bulldogs will be willing to pay whatever it will take to price us out of signing Mateo......

yy_cheng

Coach
And that I have no problem with is Mortimer is used in the 14 and Keating plays at six. Vice versa. You don't just drop a player to Wenty because you don't want to develop him for someone else.

It's not not wanting to develop him, it's giving opportunity to others and identifying if we have to go searching in the future.

Look I reckon our hooker will be MK.

Our 14 could be Robbo, KK, Mortz, Mitchell even possibly Humble as an impact player off the bench.

The 6,7,9,14 who are under contract for 2011 are: Robbo, Mitchell, Humble, MK.

2 inexperienced and 2 not so experienced players.

So if Mortz goes the doggies and KK is undecided, should we really consider looking at a halfback from outside or even get Kingston back?

If Mitchell gets thrown the 14 and excels, we probably don't even have to look at Kingston for 2011.

Yes we have to play the present, but we also have to plan the future. For mine, they can be eased in sometime preferably towards the start of the season rather than the end because by that time, whoever's left on the market would be in a bidding war or are so so.

That way, we always still have a backup this year if they fail.

born an eel

Bench
Not sure we will bust the bank doing it this early in the season as I don't think the Bulldogs main target is Mortimer and the Dogs will be worried the Eels will call their bluff.
there could be more money available early in the season than later. I wouldn't want to leave it to the end of the season after a number of other players have re-signed and only have the leftovers available.

The Colonel

Immortal
The 6,7,9,14 who are under contract for 2011 are: Robbo, Mitchell, Humble, MK.

Mitchell is off contract this year and Humble prefers to play fullback as opposed to the halves though he did do well at Redcliffe and with Hayne in his road would probably be considered there yes.

The difference is though we are worried about winning a premiership in 2010 not who will play better for us in 2011.

yy_cheng

Coach
Mitchell is off contract this year and Humble prefers to play fullback as opposed to the halves though he did do well at Redcliffe and with Hayne in his road would probably be considered there yes.

The difference is though we are worried about winning a premiership in 2010 not who will play better for us in 2011.

I didn't realize Mitchell was off contract. Then Kingston could be a good signing if he keeps his form up at Penrith as I liked the MK, KK combo.

yy_cheng

Coach

I didn't realize Mitchell was off contract. Then Kingston could be a good signing if he keeps his form up at Penrith as I liked the MK, KK combo.

Mateo wants to stay, the boys are a close knit group and want to win a premiership together and can chase the dollars later in thier careers.
I think they'll all stay and for a lot less money than they can get elsewhere.

Oscarman

Juniors
Mateo wants to stay, the boys are a close knit group and want to win a premiership together and can chase the dollars later in thier careers.
I think they'll all stay and for a lot less money than they can get elsewhere.

Exactly. Most players want to win a premiership more than rake in the cash. I think they will all stay, well at least the ones the club wants to stay.

Parraletic

Juniors
Stuff the bulldogs. We should be able to sign up Morts, Mateo & KK. Let Inu go if we have to but these guys are key!

Piss off bullscum!!!