What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was meant to be a Harmony Day Game

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The dogs managment have come out with statements that virtually mean they wash their hands of anything that takes place outside the stadium. IMO this is not good enough. It's no different to a publican clearing out his bars at closing time, locking the doors and letting mayhem ensue outside. Matthew Johns and Andrew Voss are on record as witnesses to a severe bashing of tigers supporters by men in dogs jerseys near the Novotel which is a stones throw from the stadium. It seems everybody but the police/security saw what was going on. I say not good enough. The fear and intimidation will continue so long as nothing is done. Crowds will stay away from these games. Spend your money on foxtel and avoid the thugs.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That's an issue Ultra - they already do that at Telstra. It would be almost impossible to define segregation - not saying it's a bad idea but it really wouldn't work.

aids etc, seeing as you couldn't be stuffed when I clearly admitted what you wanted to hear and are still hellbent on attacking me, I'll post the picture tonight. Actually taken by a Dragons supporter who can verify the Tigers incited some of the violence. If you want to get stroppy while I'm at work, I'll get it off my thumb drive and post it straight away, your call.

Where did I ever say I had photos of the Tigers fans taunting the Arabic women? All I said is that I saw it happen. I also will continue to drill it to you that INSIDE the ground, Tigers fans were being evicted.

All the while, YES Canterbury have a problem.

ibeme

First Grade
Needless to say, I'm disgusted and sick of this behaviour at our games.

The issue is obviously bigger than our club and bigger then the game. It's an issue of law and order. The club has bent over backwards to try to eliminate these problems. They've introduced reserve seating. They've limited the number of tickets that anyone can purchase to four, so large clumps of friends can't amass. Unfortunately, for these measures to have any effect, they need the stadium security to enforce them. That's clearly not happenning.

Punishing the club with fines and points deduction won't make a difference. The troublemakers are parasites, and by their very nature, parasites do not have a conscience - socially or otherwise. They care only for themselves and feed off the problems they cause others.

My club, through geographical circumstances, has become the unwitting host for these parasites, and for far too long, everybody has pointed their fingers at the club demanding a solution to the problem. This problem is larger than any football club. The problem is a symptom of a much larger issue - one that saw the recent explosion of violence at Cronulla. It's an issue that the police have ignored for too long, and whilever they continue to ignore it, another Cronulla is not too far away.

All of the apologists that look at Cronulla and blame that on an intolerant society can see from the footage and the reports from Friday night what all of that was in response to. The police need to step up rather than hope that a football club can sort out a problem that they themeselves have failed to do for years now.

smeghead

Bench
It really is a difficult issue. I feel there needs to be some punishment bought down but it is difficult to say where that punishment would be best bought to bear. Yes it is unfair on the regular, good natured dogs fans to punish the team but it may end up being the next logical step.

In all honesty I believe that alot of the idiocy is encouraged by the behaviour of certain players withing the Bulldogs side. Yes Mason is a big target but with good reason. In the heat of a hard game you can understand flair ups and what have you but to see this mans child like glee when the fight between O'Meley and Gibbs broke out says alot about his character. Add to that his comments when Gibbs was unconcious and it is plain to see where these buffoons in the stands take their misguided cues from. However one thing the club should address is the players attitude that occured when the medicab was leaving the field. Two players applauded which is the right sign of respect and sportsmanship. Hazem & Reni were the only two and the attitude of disrespect was carried over into the stands. Compare this to the Warriors match on Saturday where fans and player alike applauded the medicab as a sign of simple respect.

However I do err slightly from my original point. As stated in this thread by others TS security needs to be cleaned out and started again. How is it that in an assigned seating venue a group of moronic youths can wander over with 20 minutes remaining with the specific intention of starting a fight with Tigers fans. I think you will find that this is the difference Dodge, not one of us reacted we merely stood up and chanted louder for our team. Nigglke happens at football between fans. If people are to braindead not to react to it than that is their choice.

I can take abuse in a verbal sense but the intimadatory tactics employed by some attendees in Bulldogs jerseys was disgraceful. I am lucky in the respect that I am a relativley big guy so I have yet to experience any direct threat on myself but the attacks I personally witnessed and forwarded details of to both NRL clubs, The NRL itself and the NSW Police were appalling and the 4 incidents I witnessed outside of the ground were all carried out by people in Bulldog supporters gear (which does not make them supporters)

It is getting time when extreme measures need to be taken to stomp this out of our game. My suggestion as harsh as it sounds is not to fine the club or deduct points yet but to untie the Police services hands and let them deal with this breed of trouble maker in the only way they understand with violent response. Sure bitch about civil liberties all you want but this needs to stop and to stop now before it spirals further out of control.

I am also all for the allowance of only season ticket holders and club members plus one guest into these games

Raider Ultra

Bench
Millwall introduced a similar scheme, and it all but eliminated their hooligan problem. Members were only able to buy tickets for their matches, with each member having to supply the club with their details and a photo.

knights_maniac

Juniors
its obvious the large percentage of trouble makers are lebanese. sorry but thats the fact. Piss them off and you will have a REAL 'harmony day' game and a season of decent footy games that you can feel safe to take your children to.

And there was a pic in the telegraph of some lebanese bastard attacking some female tigers supporter in the stands. What gutless, unAustralian behaviour.

PISS OFF!!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Oner thing is puzzling me a bit here. Generally when this sort of sh*t happens the finger is pointed squarely at the Lebanese Dog supporters, one of the police spokespeople was even quoted as saying "alcohol isn't the problem as these fans don't drink" - a clear reference to this group.
But some of the comments on this thread have stated that there were a lot of drunken bogan types taunting the Tiger supporters after the game. Is the problem confined to the Lebanse supporters as claimed or is it in fact a wider issue?

TFS85

Juniors
IMO Mason and the other dogs celebrating while a player was down inspired the dogs fans to act even more like dogs friday night
rant.gif
and need to be held accountable.

Ppl are saying dont take points off them its not the clubs fault etc etc. B####t. Take the points off them and they might keep their players in check and send a message to their "So called fans" at the same time.

I have been going to the footy for 20 years and all teams have supporters that act like tools have a bit too much to drink and might have a scuffle or biff.

Friday night was not a scuffle or a biff it was pure blatant raw violence both inside and outside the stadium. And I saw children in Bulldogs jersey engaging in it too - total disgust. What are these people teaching their children ????

And before anyone says "dont belive the hype" I WAS THERE.

I wont be missing out when my team plays the DOGS at their next game and I dont think the real DOGS fans should miss out either.

KEEP THE THUGS AWAY. GIVE EACH SIDE A SEPERATE AREA ON OPPOSING SIDES OF THE FIELD AND USE SEPERATE CARPARKS.

Make the Dogs club responsible for their ticket sales for every game, have the real Dogs fans register (not eveyone can afford season tickets)and give them their own area with the Dogs season ticket holders to protect them as well.

Unfortunately it would mean all opposing clubs would need to do the same with their supporters for Bulldogs HOME games to keep them out of our areas but I would do it if need be. You are talking 2 games max during the regular season.

TELSTRA STADIUM deserve to lose revenue from ticket sales over it.

Telstra stadium security = Sit by and do nothing apart from pick a few unsuspecting families and innocent people and ruin their night with b*&#t. They do nothing when it comes down to the crunch and have to deal with a REAL incidents. Sack them and get real guards. An example of what they call security - Picking on 1 opposition supporter with 2 home team friends doing nothing while a few metres away one fool out of a group was waving a flag across the face of an oppossing supporter also with a group. They looked up saw clearly what was happening and walked away. Needless to say it continued and there was a punch up later. Nothing major but would not have happened if security warned the person and kept an eye on them or moved them.

They called the same people in to deal with a Friday night Bulldogs home game ??? Gee I wonder why that didnt work.

JK

Moffo said:
its terrible, but it happened. makes me sick

the police are scared. i don't blame them. they have limited powers to deal with people who simply don't care. As I said before, they don't play by any rules.

Police are fighting a battle with one arm behind their back. And if the police are scared, imagine how the everyday Joe feels?

Sorry? How do they have one arm tied behind their back? They have arrest and eviction powers - what the hell else do they need??? :?

innsaneink

Referee
dodge said:
That's an issue Ultra - they already do that at Telstra. It would be almost impossible to define segregation - not saying it's a bad idea but it really wouldn't work.

aids etc, seeing as you couldn't be stuffed when I clearly admitted what you wanted to hear and are still hellbent on attacking me, I'll post the picture tonight. Actually taken by a Dragons supporter who can verify the Tigers incited some of the violence. If you want to get stroppy while I'm at work, I'll get it off my thumb drive and post it straight away, your call.

Where did I ever say I had photos of the Tigers fans taunting the Arabic women? All I said is that I saw it happen. I also will continue to drill it to you that INSIDE the ground, Tigers fans were being evicted.

All the while, YES Canterbury have a problem.
Singing a different tune now arent you?

All weekend youve been saying arabic women were attacked by Wests Tigers fans.

dodge said:
FYI the Tigers fans were attacking women last night, particularly anywearing Burgas.

Now we hear theyve been taunted, while I dont condone such behaviour, its one thing attacking a person to taunting a person.

Youve had ample opportunity to correct yourself or specify exactly what happened.

They were either attacked, which, when I read the word ''attacked'' on its own generally refers to physical attack.

...'verbally' attacked paints a whole new picture.....

....and 'taunted', tells us a different story yet again.

BTW Dodge, why did you delete or edit that post where you said your famous BS quote, it doesnt exist anymore, funny that.???

liarsoundtrack.jpg

JK

innsaneink said:
...'verbally' attacked paints a whole new picture.....

....and 'taunted', tells us a different story yet again.

Jesus - you have an axe to grind and a pre-conceived point to prove don't you?? :-k

gr8_1

Juniors
Got nothing to do with alchohol. It is a society issue. These thugs have a lack of oxygen to the brain cause they are all inbreds.

I saw the footage on TV and i think there should be more people like the female in the Tigers jersey stopping the fight and I think she did. There is far too many people taking a step back and letting these thugs getting thier pound of flesh.

Timmah

Staff member
Attacking... you take it to mean what you will. Taunting is attacking. Verbally. That's what I saw and I don't see why you've automatically assumed that I'm a hypocrite - all you want is an attack, an argument out of me. I could admit EVERYTHING you want and you'll still find reason to attack me.

Now.. what famous BS post? Please enlighten me.

By the way, 47-12 ;-)

Mr Saab

Referee
Read inks last post. You say one thing and then say a completely different thing again later on. You have to stay uniform.

Timmah

Staff member
Different? Wow I said taunting instead of attacking.

Timmah

Staff member
Not sure how helpful the photo will be. I'll post it when I get home from work this evening, you lot work it out. It was actually taken by a Dragons fan who came with me. If you think I should send it in, sure, but I'm not sure it would be helpful.

Latest posts