What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was meant to be a Harmony Day Game

DJ1

Juniors
The club should not receive any penalty from the NRL. The club has done more to impact crowd behaviour in a positive way than all of the other clubs combined. They have had the hardest challenge in this area of all the clubs. They should be congratulated by the NRL for the progress they have made.

There are idiots at every game. The club has done everything in it's power to reduce this and it has had a positive impact.

The fact is however that the club is not responsible for the behaviour of these individuals.

Stories about things occurring outside the grounds or on trains are a police matter not the clubs sole responsibility. They need to start arresting these thugs and imposing significant penalties.

The NRL and club can then work to have these criminals permanently banned from all NRL games.

The media also plays an interesting part in this. The media is not about the news, the sole purpose of the media is to generate ratings and newspaper sales for it's advertisers. The media is not providing a public service.

I was listening to one radio station on Saturday and a caller said "I was listening to a rival station just then and every caller is reporting stories of violence at the Bulldogs / Tigers game". The commentator said "That's strange, we haven't had one call about it." Sure enough I turn on twoGibber and there's a frenzy being whipped up.

I hear about all of these incidents but police saying that they received "No" complaint. This doesn't make sense. If all of these events are occuring why aren't there a multitude of arrests. We have seen 4 arrests, these did not occur on the night but only after the police reviewed footage. This is outrageous that nothing is being done when an incident occurs. It's reported that a child was hit with a bottle and required stitches and yet no police complaint. Media personality Matty Johns witness a guy being set upon outside the venue somewhere near their hotel and yet no police complaint.

It is "reported" that 17 or 19 people were ejected from the game. I recall a similar number were ejected from the Dragons / Knights game last year but that wouldn't sell papers.

There is definitely a problem which needs to be addressed. It is clearly a police issue in dealing with criminal behaviour. Arrests need to be made. The club is doing what it can. The old "No arrests were made but we will be examining video footage" comment is not sufficient.

These idiots need to be identified, arrested, convicted and permanently banned from all NRL games forever!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
She hugged and congratulated her boyfriend for being such a tough guy before he was evicted from the stadium for unruly behaviour.

El Diablo

Post Whore
dodge said:
She hugged and congratulated her boyfriend for being such a tough guy before he was evicted from the stadium for unruly behaviour.

so she did nothing wrong

Timmah

Staff member
DJ1 said:
The club should not receive any penalty from the NRL. The club has done more to impact crowd behaviour in a positive way than all of the other clubs combined. They have had the hardest challenge in this area of all the clubs. They should be congratulated by the NRL for the progress they have made.

There are idiots at every game. The club has done everything in it's power to reduce this and it has had a positive impact.

The fact is however that the club is not responsible for the behaviour of these individuals.

Stories about things occurring outside the grounds or on trains are a police matter not the clubs sole responsibility. They need to start arresting these thugs and imposing significant penalties.

The NRL and club can then work to have these criminals permanently banned from all NRL games.

The media also plays an interesting part in this. The media is not about the news, the sole purpose of the media is to generate ratings and newspaper sales for it's advertisers. The media is not providing a public service.

I was listening to one radio station on Saturday and a caller said "I was listening to a rival station just then and every caller is reporting stories of violence at the Bulldogs / Tigers game". The commentator said "That's strange, we haven't had one call about it." Sure enough I turn on twoGibber and there's a frenzy being whipped up.

I hear about all of these incidents but police saying that they received "No" complaint. This doesn't make sense. If all of these events are occuring why aren't there a multitude of arrests. We have seen 4 arrests, these did not occur on the night but only after the police reviewed footage. This is outrageous that nothing is being done when an incident occurs. It's reported that a child was hit with a bottle and required stitches and yet no police complaint. Media personality Matty Johns witness a guy being set upon outside the venue somewhere near their hotel and yet no police complaint.

It is "reported" that 17 or 19 people were ejected from the game. I recall a similar number were ejected from the Dragons / Knights game last year but that wouldn't sell papers.

There is definitely a problem which needs to be addressed. It is clearly a police issue in dealing with criminal behaviour. Arrests need to be made. The club is doing what it can. The old "No arrests were made but we will be examining video footage" comment is not sufficient.

These idiots need to be identified, arrested, convicted and permanently banned from all NRL games forever!

:clap:

Exactly right. There's only so much a club can do outside a ground. How can we control exactly who our fans are, especially outside a football stadium? But I'm sure there's some way to lay blame on the club itself, isn't there?

Timmah

Staff member
El Diablo said:
so she did nothing wrong

No, but he did. Are you that f**king dumb that you think Tigers fans had no role in this?

Timmah

Staff member
Neither do you, so why assume he's a Canterbury fan?

innsaneink

Referee

Malcolm Noad himself is quoted as stating these figures...more than 'reported', its fact according to your club.

brooksy19

Bench
DJ1 said:

Good Post.

Timmah

Staff member
ink said:
Malcolm Noad himself is quoted as stating these figures...more than 'reported', its fact according to your club.

Note that it was 17-19 people not 17-19 Bulldogs fans.

;-)

ink said:
Hes not, its you thats assuming hes a Wests fan. :lol:

I have grounds to, I was there and watched these events occur.

Timmah

Staff member
El Diablo said:
where have i said he was :?

You can sit there and tell me you aren't inferring that?

Don't make me use Jim Carrey..

DJ1

Juniors
innsaneink said:

I'm not questioning the number itself. What were they ejected for? If it was for violent behaviour shouldn't they have been arrested?

innsaneink

Referee
DJ1 said:
I'm not questioning the number itself. What were they ejected for? If it was for violent behaviour shouldn't they have been arrested?

1 dogs fan for fighting.

2 Wests fans - underage drinking

16 various for not sitting in allocated seating.

Timmah

Staff member
El Diablo said:
find one post where i have inferred that he was

bet you can't

OK mate, whatever. Have fun with that.

simon said:
Its the level of denial that I find quite scarey....

Denial? Of what? The only people denying anything are Tigers fans who are still ignoring the fact that their supporters were involved in incidents inside the ground.

DJ1

Juniors
Dodge and El Diablo cut it out!

This is not a stupid it was this supporter or that supporter.

Who they support is irrelevant.

They are criminals.

Ban them for life from all NRL games!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
innsaneink said:
16 various for not sitting in allocated seating.

:oops:

What a joke.

And what about outside the stadium? No arrests, no nothing?

Security and police need a kick up the backside.

Latest posts