What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was meant to be a Harmony Day Game

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
cainen said:
So according to you, Tigers fans 'perpetrated' the outside events because they taunted the opposition. But here BBSF describes some taunting, and by definition they are taunts:

And your response...

Can you see any glaring inconsistencies in your argument?

Did BBSF (Provided he's actually telling the truth) get bashed?

No.

Do I condone the retaliation of the Bulldogs fans who allegedly kicked the sh*t out of the guy?

HELL NO. Get it through your f**king skulls.

Bench
cainen said:
So according to you, Tigers fans 'perpetrated' the outside events because they taunted the opposition. But here BBSF describes some taunting, and by definition they are taunts:

And your response...

Can you see any glaring inconsistencies in your argument?
No,I really don't think he can.Whether they be Bulldog ,Tiger or any fan for that matter,if they carry on like they did on Friday,ban them for life and lay criminal charges.Lets rid the game of these soccer hooligan wanna be's.

TUFF TITAN

Juniors
Bulldogs supporters to face extra securityBy Edmund Tadros

SIX uniformed security guards will travel with Bulldogs fans this Friday to protect Newcastle Knights supporters from a repeat of the Telstra Stadium brawl.
There will also be extra police and more security guards and body searches at EnergyAustralia Stadium.
The move comes after fights broke out in the grandstand as the Bulldogs defeated Wests Tigers last Friday night. Further trouble also occurred outside after the game.
Police said four people had been charged with affray over the fight inside the stadium.
On Monday, the club asked people to come forward and name anyone they knew who had been involved in the incidents, although this has yet to yield any positive leads.
This will be the first time security guards have travelled with the Bulldogs fans.
However, the club has previously segregated supporters and hired security guards to prevent their trouble-making fans causing fights at home games.
A meeting will be held today with NSW Police Minister Carl Scully to discuss how to deal with last week's brawl and prevent a repeat of the crowd behaviour at this Friday's match. NRL chief executive David Gallop and police representatives will also attend the meeting.
Knights CEO Ken Conway said plenty of tickets to the game would be available on the day and expected a crowd of between 22,000 and 23,000.
"In the last four years at EnergyAustralia Stadium, crowd behaviour at Bulldogs matches has been relatively quiet and our preparations have been effective," he said
Conway is keen to ensure the night game remains a safe family environment, and claimed that brawls at league games were a Sydney-based problem.
"The police are taking a special interest in this game," he said. "In relation to our own security, this match differs in that the Bulldogs fans will travel with six of their own security staff, who will mix with them and know the crowd. They will attempt to defuse any problems before they start.
"We very rarely get complaints about our fans when they travel. Our fans travel with the view of really wanting to watch the game, not to have a stir."
Other teams contacted by the Herald also said they did not use security guards for fans.
Penrith Panthers spokesman Rob Weaver said: "We don't do that and we certainly don't see any requirement to do it. We do have very good security at our home games. Our view is that prevention is lot better than cure."
A Rabbitohs official said: "We get quite a good supporter base when we do travel away, but we don't send our own security guards with our fans and we never have."
:lol: 6 guards what a joke ;()

Mr Saab

Referee
jimmy_the_greek said:
well i have been to a Newcastle and bulldogs game at Newcastle, and there hasnt been any problems there...

Thats because you are outnumbered 20-1. "Heros' are not tough when outnumbered.
Its like the African jungle. 1 Lion vs 1 Hyena...no contest. 1 Lion vs 20 Hyenas, game over for the Lion.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
851 said:
No,I really don't think he can.Whether they be Bulldog ,Tiger or any fan for that matter,if they carry on like they did on Friday,ban them for life and lay criminal charges.Lets rid the game of these soccer hooligan wanna be's.

Agreed.

Mate every time someone reads one of your comments they get just slightly dumber and with your insane post whoring were due for a people to go catatonic any second.

Moffo

Referee
Vicious said:
There are some sensible Bulldogs fans, thank god. Moffo, all opposing NRL fans vote you to become the new Bulldogs CEO.

if i had time id apply :lol:

TUFF TITAN

Juniors
Collaring fans

By BRUCE McDOUGALL

March 23, 2006

ONE hundred and fifty police including the riot squad will be sent to the Bulldogs-Newcastle rugby league game tomorrow night to head off potential violence.

In a reaction to last week's vicious brawling in the grandstand at Telstra Stadium, 100 officers will be stationed inside and outside the Newcastle ground. A further 50 will closely monitor fans' behaviour on the trains and roads.

Police Minister Carl Scully and Commissioner Ken Moroney yesterday said a heavy police presence would be deployed at every Bulldogs game for the rest of the season.

"It (the police presence) will be demonstrable and highly visible," Mr Moroney said.

"If there is anti-social or criminal activity our officers will respond."

Mr Moroney said police were still trying to identify offenders involved in last Friday night's brawling between Bulldogs and Wests Tigers supporters and urged spectators who took photos on their mobile phones to come forward.

The beefed-up police numbers were announced after a meeting attended by Mr Scully, senior police, Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad, NRL chief David Gallop and Telstra Stadium boss Ken Edwards at State Parliament.

The Government's response to the violence is to throw five times more police at Bulldogs games than the 32 on duty at last Friday's game, which was attended by 32,000 spectators.

Segregation of fans from rival clubs at games has been ruled out. However, fans from other clubs who "bait" Bulldogs supporters and provoke violence will be arrested along with those found brawling.

Spectators convicted of taking part in the Telstra Stadium violence have been warned they could be banned from games for 10 years.

Four men were charged after the brawls and one fan was banned from attending future games.

Mr Scully said: "I will not allow a small number of people ruining what is a terrific game that mums and dads and kids want to go along and enjoy."

Mr Gallop said rugby league was in "great shape" but crowd behaviour must improve.

"This (fans' violence) is damaging our game . . . as long as we take steps to fix the problems it will be all right," he said.

Mr Noad, describing the troublemakers as "a small band of idiots", said the Bulldogs club had worked hard to improve safety.

Opposition Leader Peter Debnam yesterday called on the Government to "just arrest the violent thugs". "The Government in NSW has never taken this violence seriously."
LABOR MUST THINK THERE ARE VOTE IN DOING THIS , ITS ABOUT TIME THEY DID SOMTHING ;()

imasharkie

Coach
I took my family to Sydney for a footy weekend last year, we took in 3 games. As one of my family is a bulldog supporter we went to a Canterbury home game for a Sunday game. I can say that we sat amongst the bulldogs fans and did not spot any trouble but we had to catch the train back to Bankstown for a connection to Cronulla. We had no colours on and went to the game to support the dogs against Canberra but the trip back to Bankstown on the train was anightmare and with the dogs supporters running amuck and looking for trouble. That will be the last time I travel to a Dogs home game, it's bloody scary for a country queenslander.
Also the facilities for food and beverage is atrocious with only two places to get it but while you line up all the young dogs supporters go to the front of the line because they have a friend there and push in. I was advised by a fellow dogs fan not to say anything as it would cause no end of trouble, he said it happens all the time and no matter if you report it to security they don't care. This supporter said he hates going to the home games but loves his footy and his doggies so he puts up and shuts up.
I'm pretty sure most opposition supporters will eventually get fed up and not bother going to the dogs home games.

DJ1 said:
Dodge and El Diablo cut it out!

This is not a stupid it was this supporter or that supporter.

Who they support is irrelevant.

They are criminals.

Ban them for life from all NRL games!

Here here...this thread has been going on for the last week and is getting really boring !!!...:blahb:

Latest posts