What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was meant to be a Harmony Day Game

_Johnsy

Referee
dodge

You need a harsh dose of reality champ. I see you are placing the blame at anyones feet but the bulldogs. For one, how is it the cops fault, do you know under what parameters they are governed by,and therefore what they can and cannot do ? I take it with all of your 2 minutes of police work you know all there is to know.

2 simple things to consider, everytime this tynype of thing happens, it is at a bulldogs game, thats a fact you cannot shy away from,
and 2ndly there are other sh*tbags who also go to the game and try to cause trouble, regardless of what colour clothing they wear. The bulldogs as a football club have not done everything they can do to solve this problem. How hard is it to introduce a system of regulated & registered bulldog fans obtaining tickets ??

The only way to fix this problem, is play all bulldog games with no spectators, and if the game is played at another teams ground then the bulldogs can pay compensation for loss of income to the club in which they play. This way the bulldogs would certainly find methods of keeping the unwanted element away from their games.

or we could have a heap of undercover cops at the game, and if the sh*tbags want to go the knuckle then let the boys in blue deal with them in a manner that is appropriate. Then what happens dodge? we have every man and his dog (pardon the pun) whingeing at the cops for being too heavy handed. it is a bulldogs problem, the question is are the club really serious about fixing it ?

ibeme

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
dodge

You need a harsh dose of reality champ. I see you are placing the blame at anyones feet but the bulldogs. For one, how is it the cops fault, do you know under what parameters they are governed by,and therefore what they can and cannot do ? I take it with all of your 2 minutes of police work you know all there is to know.

I don't think dodge is blaming anyone other than those who start the trouble. As is the case in society as a whole, someone has to police such criminal behaviour. That's why we have a police force. The club themselves aren't police. They don't want criminals at there games anymore than you want a criminal stealing your car. How can they possibly be expected to do the police's job for them?

_Johnsy said:
2 simple things to consider, everytime this tynype of thing happens, it is at a bulldogs game, thats a fact you cannot shy away from,

Except for when it's a drunken pitch invader trying to join his team's line of defence at Newcastle, or a pitch invader who punches a female police officer at Campbelltown oval, but we get your point. Nine times out of ten it's the Bulldogs fans involved.

_Johnsy said:
and 2ndly there are other sh*tbags who also go to the game and try to cause trouble, regardless of what colour clothing they wear. The bulldogs as a football club have not done everything they can do to solve this problem. How hard is it to introduce a system of regulated & registered bulldog fans obtaining tickets ??

The measures taken so far include:

- Registered members only in the kennel area
- All allocated seating
- Maximum of four tickets sold at a time in a bid to prevent large groups from congregating
- Fan code of conduct (although this is useless for troublemakers)
- They warned police that they were expecting a large crowd Friday night, and requested a bigger police presence. They didn't get it.
- They've consulted with the police and stadium security - supposed security experts - all of which have yet to provide a better solution.
- They've travelled to the UK to get ideas on how they dealt with their crowd behaviour issues

_Johnsy said:
The only way to fix this problem, is play all bulldog games with no spectators, and if the game is played at another teams ground then the bulldogs can pay compensation for loss of income to the club in which they play. This way the bulldogs would certainly find methods of keeping the unwanted element away from their games.

The day the Bulldogs are able to find a proper solution to such criminal behaviour is the day that Malcolm Noad should be instated as the new police commissioner, because it'd mean that he's clearly better at preventing crime than the police are.

_Johnsy said:
or we could have a heap of undercover cops at the game, and if the sh*tbags want to go the knuckle then let the boys in blue deal with them in a manner that is appropriate. Then what happens dodge? we have every man and his dog (pardon the pun) whingeing at the cops for being too heavy handed. it is a bulldogs problem, the question is are the club really serious about fixing it ?

The problem is way bigger than the Bulldogs. It's the same problem that led to the Cronulla riots. Is it the Bulldogs responsibility to fix that problem too?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
_Johnsy said:
dodge

You need a harsh dose of reality champ. I see you are placing the blame at anyones feet but the bulldogs.

Wow. You really can't read.

JK

cainen said:
And that means the Bulldogs fans are MOST to blame.

And now police are investigating reports that the bashed wests tigers fan was one of a group of three who taunted a single Bulldogs fan and the car loads who arrived came to his aid. [From today's Telegraph]

Somewhat different but does not excuse the criminal actions that resulted. Such arguments can be given when sentencing occurs but should not ameliorate guilt.

stuke

Bench
ibeme said:
The problem is way bigger than the Bulldogs. It's the same problem that led to the Cronulla riots. Is it the Bulldogs responsibility to fix that problem too?

There is a massive social problem within Australia but unfortunately for the true Bulldogs fan it is also a massive problem that your club has to deal with. They don't have to solve the social problem but they are responsible when it happens at their games, and is linked to them through their so called 'supporters' who behave this way. There is no shirking that. Whether it is in the stadium or its surrounds, it is a problem that the Bulldogs management have to solve.

English soccer was besieged with these problems and have gone a long way in controlling it. Funnily enough the threats of removal from competitions, and the subsequent financial losses involved, appeared to be the catalyst for this.

'The Cove' in the A-League actually controlled themselves, reporting offenders and banishing them from the area. While I acknowledge that this would be hard to do with the people who are involved in this, it is an example of supporters being pro-active and truly supporting their team....not just on the pitch but their entire image.

While the docking of points, segregation and playing in an empty stadium is not a good image for the game either is what we witnessed on Friday night and the subsequent media scrutiny it has attracted.

TFS85

Juniors
OK this has been a HOT topic for 4 days now and every person I have spoken to has a different point of view or idea.

The ONE thing everyone I have spoken to agrees on is that the dispicable and sickening display of jubilance from the Bulldogs PLAYERS whilst a 21 year old young man lay unconcious on a football field was a major catalyst in all that followed.

If Wests Tigers fans and other members of the public took offence to this well they had every right to. The way the Bulldogs players were behaving incited their fans to behave in exactly the same manner and this is exactly what they did.

Their actions resulted in a 4 year old child having stiches to his head just for starters. If this is not the responsibility of the club then what is ? Perhaps NSW Police should deal with these players and charge them with offences relating to inciting criminal behaviour occassioning grevious bodily harm to a minor.

Maybe then the Bulldogs players, Club and its Fans they would take this situation seriously.

tomorrow there is a meeting with malcom noad and the police, so by tomorrow we will now whats going on and what security measures will be taken at the games...

Mish

Juniors
jimmy_the_greek said:
tomorrow there is a meeting with malcom noad and the police, so by tomorrow we will now whats going on and what security measures will be taken at the games...

good, because this issue needs be laid to rest before things get out of hand and someone ends up laid to rest literally.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
JK said:
And now police are investigating reports that the bashed wests tigers fan was one of a group of three who taunted a single Bulldogs fan and the car loads who arrived came to his aid. [From today's Telegraph]

Somewhat different but does not excuse the criminal actions that resulted. Such arguments can be given when sentencing occurs but should not ameliorate guilt.

Notive dodge, how not one person has brung up the above post?

Timmah

Staff member
ink... oh ink....?

Seems even the outside events were perpetrated by the Tigers...

but let me emphasise that last line just so you read it...

Eddie.

Bench
dodge said:
ink... oh ink....?

Mate seriously get your head out of the sand.

Im glad you are not running the Bulldogs club. Because with your offload the blame attitude problems will contine to occur at Bulldogs games.

Moffo

Referee
dodge said:
ink... oh ink....?

so that excused what they did?

Dodge mate, Im not sure how well you grasp the problem that this group of people pose to our fan base and the game in general. They are a cancer. They will stop people coming to games. Even if they were taunted, these people are still violent, violent thugs that are ruining our game

Vicious

Bench
Moffo said:

Dodge mate, Im not sure how well you grasp the problem that this group of people pose to our fan base and the game in general. They are a cancer. They will stop people coming to games. Even if they were taunted, these people are still violent, violent thugs that are ruining our game

There ARE some sensible Bulldogs fans, thank god. Moffo, all opposing NRL fans vote you to become the new Bulldogs CEO.

Vicious

Bench
Moffo said:

There are some sensible Bulldogs fans, thank god. Moffo, all opposing NRL fans vote you to become the new Bulldogs CEO.

Timmah

Staff member
DID YOU f**kING READ THE BOLDED LINE?

I am thoroughly disgusted by the actions of so-called Bulldogs fans outside the ground. It's sick, it's wrong, and it's criminal. I don't know if there's a way I can highlight how stupid the Tigers fans were without making it sound like I condone the violence (WHICH I DON'T), but that is my intention there. I want the violent thugs who bashed the Tigers fans (according to media reports) to be caught as much as anyone else here. I still would like to know... where have I taken blame completely away from the Bulldogs fans involved? They are culpable and deserve every inch of punishment they receive.

aids

Bench
Dodge

you were very happy to taunt the roosters about their low crowd for the storm game, using the 32,000 crowd youy had on friday as a boast.
you won't be getting a crowd like that for a long time at the present rate.

"insolent pig"
you f**king drama queen

Timmah

Staff member
The crowd figure would have been higher than average in the Bulldogs/Wests for a number of reasons, the main one being that it was one of Sydney's most popular clubs against the reigning premiers.

My guess at lower crowd figures in the future would be because their next Telstra games are scheduled for a Monday on 3pm and a Sunday at 2:30pm. You're always going to get a higher quotient of people on a Friday night because A the game isn't live on tele and B because a higher amount of people have the night off from work.

cainen

Juniors

dodge said:
ink... oh ink....?

So according to you, Tigers fans 'perpetrated' the outside events because they taunted the opposition. But here BBSF describes some taunting, and by definition they are taunts:

BBSF said:
I remember leaving the Panthers Bulldogs semi in 2004 and all the Dogs supporters running up to you saying yelling stuff right in your face and going "Next year panthers ahahahahahahaha" . Also leaving the ground dogs fans were walking one way and we were walking another way "dont make way for them they are penrith supporters"
And your response...

dodge said:
Idiot. That's common footy post-match banter, Panthers fans' had done should they have won. This is considerably more serious than that.
Can you see any glaring inconsistencies in your argument?

Latest posts