What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian Connection comes under scrutiny

spiderdan

Bench
Zappia has the look of a shifty dude(the eyes) i hope our new preso isnt as shifty as him when we are looking to move forward..lol its almost like we have our own italian mafia setup at the eels.
fattony1.jpg

strider

Post Whore
I was hardly defensive mate...I just see nothing in the article but a list of failed businesses and a tenuous connection to a mob boss. At this stage, that's all the story is...if it's more later, then it's more later.

I think you and I seem to have the same views on alot of this media crap

I find alot of people are very quick to not only believe what the media tells them, but also believe that where there's smoke, there's always fire.

look harder :lol: ... he seems to do quite well for himself financially, yet so much fails, coincidently before his ventures have to pay up their tax - then his mate does the liquidation work .... :lol: .... hey, he's good at what he does, just seems rather dodgy

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
By the same token Twiz, immediatley dismissing a story simply because it was in a newspaper and you might not like it is a cop out and head in the sand stuff.

I'm not dismissing it fishy, just not prepared to jump in feet first

eels81236

Bench
Parra Future,

Are these the sort of dealings that drove you from the 3p camp? You had mentioned your distrust of certain individuals in the group. Are these the alterior motives you were wary of?

Any 3p member,

Is this why you virtually told us "jack sh*t" about the individuals involved in your group pre election. Those standing for election and the puppet masters were virtually unknown.

I know DF's spud carting businesses hadn't failed 8 times.

Df complained re the pokie tax daily but he still paid it. *edit, speculation*

Interseting times indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raudonikis

Juniors
81236 are you an ex board member?disgruntled ex player or what?
Or you just parra pete?

Last edited:

eels81236

Bench
81236 are you an ex board member?disgruntled ex player or what?
Or you just parra pete?

The answer would be D. None of the above.

People will dismiss my concerns ( perhaps understandably ) due to the fact I was one the the few around here that a) did not support the 3p group in it's entirity and b) allayed my concerns.

Am I the only person that feels short changed by the recent revelations?

I DO NOT believe that any intelligent person would have voted for Spag Bolognaise had they known of his business record. Should I not feel disgruntled that this comes to our attention far too late. Whom shall I hold responsible? Afterall, business accumen was what won over a number of voters.
Heck, it seems that legally he can't even sit on our board due to his "exemplary" business record. I'm sure that he would be aware of this. *edit, unsubstantiated allegation*

fish eel

Immortal

People will dismiss my concerns ( perhaps understandably ) due to the fact I was one the the few around here that a) did not support the 3p group in it's entirity and b) allayed my concerns.

I DO NOT believe that any intelligent person would have voted for Spag Bolognaise had they known of his business record. Should I not feel disgruntled that this comes to our attention far too late. Whom shall I hold responsible? Afterall, business accumen was what won over a number of voters.
Heck, it seems that legally he can't even sit on our board due to his "exemplary" business record. I'm sure that he would be aware of this. *edit*

Probably.

Most of us are now just focused on the job the new board and hopefully soon to be announced new chairman are doing for the club - not the history that is the election.

Look forwards, not backwards.

Gronk

Staff member
How dare you even question the integrity of the Board and their business associates. You must harbour a massive grudge and be agenda driven.

spiderdan

Bench

Heck, it seems that legally he can't even sit on our board due to his "exemplary" business record. I'm sure that he would be aware of this. I wonder if there could be any legal ramifications for deliberately misleading the members?
i think most of us that did throw out questions are content to move on and see what the new faces can bring to the club. there's no sense in harping on about election matters until next time.

fish eel

Immortal
How dare you even question the integrity of the Board and their business associates. You must harbour a massive grudge and be agenda driven.

You do have to wonder though about people that only seem to turn up in these forums when there is a boardroom related topic. ;-)

El Diablo

Post Whore
You do have to wonder though about people that only seem to turn up in these forums when there is a boardroom related topic. ;-)

to be fair he/she has posted in a few topics that have nothing to do with the Parramatta board

If something turns out to be proven then absolutely.

There is absolutely no doubt that 3P were very quiet regarding anyone except the great former players. Throw them out to the public as Trojan horses, perhaps?

Col ended up separated from 3P, Bob Gare ended up not contesting (or was he shoved aside?) and now those in or associated with 3P, the likes of Spags and Lomby, have question marks next to them.

However, at present, nothing dodgy has been proven. Previous failed business ventures should not exclude people from future participation. Many successful businessmen have only become so after initial failures.

Latest posts