What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian Connection comes under scrutiny

fish eel

Immortal
well apparently you don't HAVE to be a sponsor to be involved in salary cap breaches - it says ANYONE ..... tbh I think this is the type of stuff clubs like the roosters, manly, etc, who are well connected have done for years - and we all call them salary cap rorters - so I dunno, maybe we aren't as "clean" as we thought

as for roy and his tax stuff .... well tbh it seems very dodgy to me - but we'll see what the tax dept comes out with first ....... those defending him - in ALL honesty, if it was Fitzy or some old board member with this hanging over them, would you be all "oh it doesn't matter" - I don't think so, you'd want him fired asap

Personally, I dont care who it is, I care about the image of the club.

Clearly, someone is out to damage the club and thats done by getting the chairman to go.

League clubs always handle adverse media badly by reacting very quickly with kneejerk responses and giving the media scalps.

We need to ride this one out. Don't give the story any oxygen, and Spagnolo should not resign. If the tax stuff leads to charges being laid, then he should step aside while they are heard, but until that time, buckle up, keep the heads down and ride it out. These stories wont run indefinately, and when they're finished we'll have a clean skin CEO to move forward as the public face of the club.

Bigfella

Coach
Yep the other big issue in all this is who is feeding the leaks and why do they want to destabalise the club?

Fitzgerald's provocation then Police complaint plus the publicity given to it suggest he is up to his neck.

If my memory serves me correctly wasn't there some mention of a threat from a disgruntled party made on this forum at around election time? Anyone recall??

El Diablo

Post Whore
Fitzgerald's provocation then Police complaint plus the publicity given to it suggest he is up to his neck.

wouldn't think so because if he was feeding the leak it would mean he knew about possible salary cap rorting while he was CEO

do you really think he's going to go to the media and confess and then they keep his identity a secret?

fish eel

Immortal
wouldn't think so because if he was feeding the leak it would mean he knew about possible salary cap rorting while he was CEO

do you really think he's going to go to the media and confess and then they keep his identity a secret?

Whomever is feeding it is after Spagnolo's scalp.

Stagger eel

Staff member

I'd say there's a production line of CHinease whispers going on in all this..

born an eel

Bench
I wonder where all the new sponsors are lining up to jump on board now. This can only hurt our image further.
I wouldn't be surprised if Spagnolo has stepped on a few toes in the past and somebody is taking the opportunity to drag him down. We may have been inadvertently dragged into it. It sounds like his business dealings would have upset people in the past.

I wonder how the Gaming and Licensing board feel about our chairman being involved with these liquidated companies.

I feel for the good of the club he should stand aside while these accusations are investigated.

fish eel

Immortal
but it would not be Fitzy for the reasons i stated

Depends who is feeding what, for example, all the stuff about who Spagonolo knows and his business ventures could have come from different sources to the salary cap stuff.

I do know the fingers on this are pointing straight at Fitz. Whether it is him or a a proxy for him feeding this to the SMH, thats where the fingers are pointing.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Depends who is feeding what, for example, all the stuff about who Spagonolo knows and his business ventures could have come from different sources to the salary cap stuff.

I do know the fingers on this are pointing straight at Fitz. Whether it is him or a a proxy for him feeding this to the SMH, thats where the fingers are pointing.

think about it

the media will keep the identity of a former CEO quiet after he comes to them saying "we cheated"

lol

i don't think so

Sangreal 86

Juniors
i wonder where all the new sponsors are lining up to jump on board now. This can only hurt our image further.
I wouldn't be surprised if spagnolo has stepped on a few toes in the past and somebody is taking the opportunity to drag him down. We may have been inadvertently dragged into it. It sounds like his business dealings would have upset people in the past.

I wonder how the gaming and licensing board feel about our chairman being involved with these liquidated companies.

I feel for the good of the club he should stand aside while these accusations are investigated.

hang on!!!!! Is that someone playing with my toy?? Well then, i am going to stamp my feet!!

The Colonel

Immortal
think about it

the media will keep the identity of a former CEO quiet after he comes to them saying "we cheated"

lol

i don't think so

Had it been the Telecrap it is unlikely they would but Fitzy, judging by articles in the past, has a much better relationship with the Fairfax organisation.

fish eel

Immortal
think about it

lol

i don't think so

Your assumption is that everything has come from the one source.

I am saying that is not necessarily so, that it could have come from different sources and they piece it together.

And yes, the journalist would keep the name of their source out of it.

If they've accepted information from a source on the basis of the source keeping anonymity, then the journalist is breaking their code of ethics if they reveal the source

born an eel

Bench
hang on!!!!! Is that someone playing with my toy?? Well then, i am going to stamp my feet!!
I expected more from you, but if you feel that trying to insult somebody is a way of answer legitimate questions its tells me the sort of person you are.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Your assumption is that everything has come from the one source.

I am saying that is not necessarily so, that it could have come from different sources and they piece it together.

And yes, the journalist would keep the name of their source out of it.

If they've accepted information from a source on the basis of the source keeping anonymity, then the journalist is breaking their code of ethics if they reveal the source

McClymont was on 2GB over the weekend and she said her source was good when questioned by Hadley. if it was more than one she would've said sources

and since when did journos have ethics :?

fish eel

Immortal
McClymont was on 2GB over the weekend and she said her source was good when questioned by Hadley. if it was more than one she would've said sources

Not necessarily, but even if it is just one, the point still stands that no matter who it is, if information was given on the condition of confidentiality, that would be kept.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
I expected more from you, but if you feel that trying to insult somebody is a way of answer legitimate questions its tells me the sort of person you are.

Thankyou for your kindness regarding my person, but if there is anything legitimate that has been thrown up of late, that would be why I am sarcastic reading some of these comments.

Reserve your judgement . Surely nobody who loves this club would want this board to fail in its plans for this clubs future success. Let these good people do their job.

Gronk

Staff member
Thankyou for your kindness regarding my person, but if there is anything legitimate that has been thrown up of late, that would be why I am sarcastic reading some of these comments.

Reserve your judgement . Surely nobody who loves this club would want this board to fail in its plans for this clubs future success. Let these good people do their job.

Indeed. So far your preferred CEO going into the election, Zappia, has turned out to be a right clown. Let's hope that you have better luck with your Chairman elect.

Latest posts