What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian Connection comes under scrutiny

Sangreal 86

Juniors
Indeed. So far your preferred CEO going into the election, Zappia, has turned out to be a right clown. Let's hope that you have better luck with your Chairman elect.

Very easy to sit back and make verbal judgement on a forum, and Gronk you are very quick to put the slipper into people on this forum. Have you ever meet either of these blokes??
Zap made his bed, and I do not need any luck. You still backhand me, even as late as today, but you may remember before the election, a post pulled by the administrator, and you went whoa! did anyone else see that? I apologised to you as you asked me to substantiate my post, and I would not...well now I will. Four men having a drink at The Woolshed, Mean Fiddler Hotel, Harry Hudson, God bless him, passed away a few years ago, Larry Tuite, owner of the Mean Fiddler and has been in Ireland for many months, myself, and who do you think Gronk?
I would not substantiate as the club does not deserve rubbish of that kind, but I have had enough of agendas and innuendo, the members of this club voted 7 people in with an overwhelming mandate, but some people just will not accept that mandate. For god sake the lot of you, let these good people do the job they were elected for.

fish eel

Immortal
Very easy to sit back and make verbal judgement on a forum, and Gronk you are very quick to put the slipper into people on this forum. Have you ever meet either of these blokes??
Zap made his bed, and I do not need any luck. You still backhand me, even as late as today, but you may remember before the election, a post pulled by the administrator, and you went whoa! did anyone else see that? I apologised to you as you asked me to substantiate my post, and I would not...well now I will. Four men having a drink at The Woolshed, Mean Fiddler Hotel, Harry Hudson, God bless him, passed away a few years ago, Larry Tuite, owner of the Mean Fiddler and has been in Ireland for many months, myself, and who do you think Gronk?

Probably that dodgy Italian Stagger Eel.

I would not substantiate as the club does not deserve rubbish of that kind, but I have had enough of agendas and innuendo, the members of this club voted 7 people in with an overwhelming mandate, but some people just will not accept that mandate. For god sake the lot of you, let these good people do the job they were elected for.

Hear hear.

The last thing the club needs is further instability caused by a chairman who stands down to placate one particular media outlet. Who is next after they've got the smell of blood? Libertini? Wallace? Chidiac? Dont give 'em an inch.

Heads down, ride the storm out and come through the other end stronger with a cleanskin CEO.....

eels81236

Bench

It's obvious we the members didn't know who/what we were actually voting for.

Alleged tax evasion puts "tinghagate" to shame. It pales in comparison.

fish eel

Immortal

The election is done.

Can't we move on from that?

What's to be gained for us as a club and supporters constantly harking back to the election.

Yes....'alleged'.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Probably that dodgy Italian Stagger Eel

I got a pressie for you fish..

IS300-296.jpg

by the way fish, you'd be happy to know that Spag has knocked back atleast 1 radio interview from a sports program. which is a good thing, the sooner we Ossie is appointed the better.

fish eel

Immortal

IS300-296.jpg

by the way fish, you'd be happy to know that Spag has knocked back atleast 1 radio interview from a sports program. which is a good thing, the sooner we Ossie is appointed the better.

Good stuff.

As I said, head down, say nothing. Dont give it oxygen. :cool:

Gronk

Staff member

That's what a forum is all about Terry, we share opinions. No I haven't ever met them. What's your point ? That my opinion is less valid than yours ?

No idea mate. Pauline Hanson ?

So the elected board have a mandate and in your opinion we should all just shut up and cop whatever they do ? You're dreaming mate.

The Colonel

Immortal

IS300-296.jpg

1144882247O4D5GY.jpg

Special delivery.... should be in your bed soon. ;-)

spiderdan

Bench

true but nothing has been proven. any accusations levelled at these people shouldn't be dismissed but at the same time shouldn't be held against them until they are proven to be true - if they are true.

no-one should be stepping aside from anything until the allegations are substantiated, if that ever happens.

if rs and co. are clean our club will come out of this stronger.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
That's what a forum is all about Terry, we share opinions. No I haven't ever met them. What's your point ? That my opinion is less valid than yours ?

No idea mate. Pauline Hanson ?

So the elected board have a mandate and in your opinion we should all just shut up and cop whatever they do ? You're dreaming mate.

No Gronk I am the equal of everyone on this forum and everyone has their right to put that forward, mine is no more valid than anyone else.

Zap let himself down, but there is more to that story than the on sided agenda. Our chairman bleeds blue and gold, and his business interests will hold their own.

Yes mate, it was Pauline Hanson, hair colour was a bit different back then, and she was much more leggy than expected. Carried herself well, but a bit moody.

No mate I dream, and then I act to realise that dream, so why dont you send me a private message, and I will send you my number, so you can get off your salmon and become part of something I am setting up. You can actually be objective and constructive and physically be involved in decisions, giving our supporters a voice.

You think you can drag that sarcastic salmon of that seat and make a difference, or is it too much fun taking sh*t pots from a distance. If you cant get out to Parramatta from the Eastern Suburbs, I come and meet you once a month so you can voice your opinion and make a difference.

Come on Gronk, lunch at The Charing Cross or the Clovelly once a month. You are quick to assess people who put themselves out there for what they believe, let see if you have that same commitment. Come on mate, come on board and have a crack.

Sevens.

born an eel

Bench
Thankyou for your kindness regarding my person, but if there is anything legitimate that has been thrown up of late, that would be why I am sarcastic reading some of these comments.

Reserve your judgement . Surely nobody who loves this club would want this board to fail in its plans for this clubs future success. Let these good people do their job.
I'm sure nobody who loves this club wants any board to fail whether they voted for them or not.

I was of the understanding that the Office of Liqueur, Gaming and racing had guidelines of who are acceptable people to be on the board and if with the recent declarations with regard to liquidation had any bearing on the acceptability of any board members.

Having the chairman step aside while his personal business life is brought into question would help the club distance itself from the bad publicity and is not unprecedented as DF was stood aside while the investigation took place about his dealings. If he is cleared he then steps back into the role.

Damage is being done to our brand at the moment and who is right and who is wrong will mean nothing to current and future sponsors in the long run. They will just find a better outfit to be associated with.

fish eel

Immortal
I'm sure nobody who loves this club wants any board to fail whether they voted for them or not.

I was of the understanding that the Office of Liqueur, Gaming and racing had guidelines of who are acceptable people to be on the board and if with the recent declarations with regard to liquidation had any bearing on the acceptability of any board members.

Having the chairman step aside while his personal business life is brought into question would help the club distance itself from the bad publicity and is not unprecedented as DF was stood aside while the investigation took place about his dealings. If he is cleared he then steps back into the role.

Damage is being done to our brand at the moment and who is right and who is wrong will mean nothing to current and future sponsors in the long run. They will just find a better outfit to be associated with.

It would give credence to the stories which there may be none and gift the Herald a headline:

"Eels in crisis as new chairman stands down"

If he steps aside, or as some have said in here resigns (!!!) it would be perceived as an admission of guilt.

The club has looked strong and looked to be moving to the future since the election. We should be riding this out (and it will pass) rather than rolling over.

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
the club is stronger than one man and this investigation may go on for a while.

Yes we were looking strong moving to the future especially with the expected announcement of Ozzie as CEO but all that forward momentum has been lost in the last few days.

I do not agree with the saying any publicity is good publicity and we need to shelter ourselves from any fallout. We can defend our relationship with regards to the cap but Roy is on his own when it comes to his personal business dealings.

We have taken the Chairman off Vino and Grapa, absolutely no pasta or pizza, and if he talks to his Mother in Italian, he has an electric probe to the nether regions. Patting horses heads is totally forbidden, and the said horses heads should remain connected to the horses body.
There will be no family festivities with Italian smorgesboards, but we are introducing a new dish to the Tinga Palace, Number 86....Egg on face with sweet and sour sauce.

Hey, I have an idea....let's makes jokes about it.

Let's all hope that it's not the legends who are forced to eat this dish.

Let's hope they don't turn out to be unwitting Trojan horses.

Reserve your judgement . Surely nobody who loves this club would want this board to fail in its plans for this clubs future success. Let these good people do their job.

I love this Club and my major concern with the Board is that tax avoiding cheats aren't involved. If (and I mean if) this turns out to have credence I will be greatly chagrined, not just by the fact we were initially duped but also because there are people around that still expect us to dismiss any possible negativity relating to these "great blokes".

I obviously don't have enough information to form an opinion either way. However, any attitude even closely resembling the thought that we shouldn't be extremely worried about this, let alone that we should just dismiss it, is ridiculous.

This is serious. Not only do I wanna know what's going on with Spags, but I honestly think that - if this turns out to have credence - anyone associated with the whole "business" side of 3P should be thoroughly researched to make sure that were weren't conned further.

Like I've already posted elsewhere - Col ended up breaking from 3P, Bob Gare made way for other people to run and I'm starting to think maybe the 80s players were used as Trojan horses. I don't feel good about this, even though I am still reserving my judgement until the NRL and ATO produce their findings. It just seems that there is too much fishy stuff accumulating around 3P and the figures that have hidden behind our legends - Kenny, Grothe and Price.

Latest posts