What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian Connection comes under scrutiny

So now Josh Massoud should be trusted over SMH ? How times have changed. :lol:

Gronky, can you please tell me where I have said that?? :?

At least telegraph had quotes in this story today. And don't worry, I bag out the telegraph more than anyone.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I remember back when it was openly stated that alot of these players were tutored in how to invest their money wisely.

They spend most of their their time with the club and not much opportunity to do TAFE and Uni courses, so they got tutored on how to invest wisely.

How many prospective agents tout their investments as 100% guaranteed as part of their sales pitch and where do you draw the line ?

Gronk

Staff member
you've not once questioned the motives by SMH, why is that??

If there is a motive, then IMO Jacquelin Magnay is hell bent on exposing dodgy NRL players and administrators.

I don't think that Kate McClymont has any outside incentive other continuing being an investigative journo with an impeccable reputation.

Am i wrong ?

Gronk

Staff member
I remember back when it was openly stated that alot of these players were tutored in how to invest their money wisely.

They spend most of their their time with the club and not much opportunity to do TAFE and Uni courses, so they got tutored on how to invest wisely.

How many prospective agents tout their investments as 100% guaranteed as part of their sales pitch and where do you draw the line ?

True. Time will tell if they bought blocks of land for market price.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If there is a motive, then IMO Jacquelin Magnay is hell bent on exposing dodgy NRL players and administrators.

I don't think that Kate McClymont has any outside incentive other continuing being an investigative journo with an impeccable reputation.

Am i wrong ?

well you tell me Gronky, they're the ones that have reported that our ex CEO had not been privy to any information but has since admitted that he did know about the deals..

Gronk

Staff member
well you tell me Gronky, they're the ones that have reported that our ex CEO had not been privy to any information but has since admitted that he did know about the deals..

Actually I think he said that he recalls the name Racecourse or Raceview rather than being aware that players had made specific deals.

In any event they reported on what Fitzy said. Even if he is having an Alan Bond moment, they can only report on what they get told.

You think that they will go soft on Fitzy if it is found that he is telling porkies ? I don't, nor should they.

born an eel

Bench
Gronky, can you please tell me where I have said that?? :?

At least telegraph had quotes in this story today. And don't worry, I bag out the telegraph more than anyone.
and this is the worry for me. This means that Josh is being feed information directly from Roy.

If current and ex board members are going to use the media for their personal vendettas we are going to continue to receive bad publicity.

Can we urgently announce Ozzie as a CEO and have all media go through him for statements. Nobody should be leaking to the media.

I can confirm this story is 100% true cause I was there

and I took a Ride to the hotel with Roy, Vince and George along with Alan Overton and Chris Jurd (it was a Maxi Taxi) and I paid for it, I think in either 06 or 07, I can't remember.

as I said I am waiting to get my name in the papers cause I am a BAD MAN.

fish eel

Immortal
and this is the worry for me. This means that Josh is being feed information directly from Roy.

If current and ex board members are going to use the media for their personal vendettas we are going to continue to receive bad publicity.

Can we urgently announce Ozzie as a CEO and have all media go through him for statements. Nobody should be leaking to the media.

As oppposed to stuff about Roy being feed to the herald?

The bad publicity we have received this week in the herald is a direct result of somebody wanting to nail Roy.

Suitman

Post Whore
and I took a Ride to the hotel with Roy, Vince and George along with Alan Overton and Chris Jurd (it was a Maxi Taxi) and I paid for it, I think in either 06 or 07, I can't remember.

as I said I am waiting to get my name in the papers cause I am a BAD MAN.

But Mark, you're not a "Mediterranean Descendant" with 7 degrees of separation leading to Trimbole. :lol:

Suity

bartman

Immortal
As oppposed to stuff about Roy being feed to the herald?

The bad publicity we have received this week in the herald is a direct result of somebody wanting to nail Roy.
That's a big assumption... I would have guessed it stemmed from them following up leads in relation to Zappia's dealings.

As has been seen, Fitzy has dug himself in it by having to backtrack his statements in consecutive days - which leads me to believe anything regarding Roy in the SMH is not a feed by someone out to get him, just journalists unearthing more and more once they got wind that Zappia didn't do things very accountably at the Sharks.

born an eel

Bench
As opposed to stuff about Roy being feed to the herald?

it seems that way to me, but who that person or people are are unknown.

It could very well be somebody from outside the club.

To some people here it is DF fault that the companies associated with Roy went into liquidation.

A current member of the board should not be using his position within the club to drag our name through the press even if somebody else is doing it to him. Our reputation is the most important thing at stake here and anybody associated with the club should be talking up our image.

Gronk

Staff member
That's a big assumption... I would have guessed it stemmed from them following up leads in relation to Zappia's dealings.

As has been seen, Fitzy has dug himself in it by having to backtrack his statements in consecutive days - which leads me to believe anything regarding Roy in the SMH is not a feed by someone out to get him, just journalists unearthing more and more once they got wind that Zappia didn't do things very accountably at the Sharks.

I agree. The information that they dug up on Spag is as simple as doing a name search at the ASIC & ITSA websites or (as I do) done through an information provider.

Latest posts