What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian Connection comes under scrutiny

Yes HJ, that is the more interesting part that could affect the club. Let's just hope that other property developing candidates or current directors are not implicated along with Roy, for the sake of the club.

I'm actually very surprised that this isn't what the thread ended up revolving around. This is what actually matters to us yet everyone seems to be focused on the "Underbelly" side of the situation and whether or not it is true, a beat up etc.

Even if there is nothing dodgy going on at all, the situation regarding Spags' place at Parramatta is still very legit. Although, as has been said, there is a valid point to be made regarding the fact that if he hasn't been banned by now (considering these liquidations would already be well known) then is there really a reason to think this might change if no criminality is shown to exist?

I'm actually very surprised that this isn't what the thread ended up revolving around. This is what actually matters to us yet everyone seems to be focused on the "Underbelly" side of the situation and whether or not it is true, a beat up etc.

Even if there is nothing dodgy going on at all, the situation regarding Spags' place at Parramatta is still very legit. Although, as has been said, there is a valid point to be made regarding the fact that if he hasn't been banned by now (considering these liquidations would already be well known) then is there really a reason to think this might change if no criminality is shown to exist?

Indeed which may mean we will need a new Chairman and to promote someone onto the board who failed to get on during the election. It would be unfortunate for that to happen as Roy has bought with him what seems to be a breath of fresh air.

The next question is then logically who would replace him. But before that is answered, It would be interesting to know who the construction companies were that built these property developments.

Parra Future

Juniors
Indeed which may mean we will need a new Chairman and to promote someone onto the board who failed to get on during the election. It would be unfortunate for that to happen as Roy has bought with him what seems to be a breath of fresh air.

The next question is then logically who would replace him. But before that is answered, It would be interesting to know who the construction companies were that built these property developments.

If they are going to change the chairman, I hope for the good of the club that Sid Kelly takes on the gig. Top notch operator.

Bazal

Post Whore
you get a bit too defensive Baz - he might be our new chairman, but thats quite a list of involvement in questionable stuff - it does stink of dodgy dealings

like em or not, as jake said, mcclymont and magnay were in the report that blew the dogs sh*t wide open .... clearly I don't think this is aimed at some scandal with our club, he's only just got involved - so I don't see a need to be so defensive about it

I would say this investigation has come about because of the Zappia stuff ... Spagnolo's company was involved and I imagine they decided to do a bit of digging there

tbh I don't know how badly to think of the looooong list of failed ventures (infact I got a bit bored by the end - and there was no punch line ffs) .... but it doesn't paint a good picture for roy - I don't know if its a terrible picture, but it does stink of tax avoidance at the very least

I was hardly defensive mate...I just see nothing in the article but a list of failed businesses and a tenuous connection to a mob boss. At this stage, that's all the story is...if it's more later, then it's more later.

Raudonikis

Juniors
Zappia has the look of a shifty dude(the eyes) i hope our new preso isnt as shifty as him when we are looking to move forward..lol its almost like we have our own italian mafia setup at the eels.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was hardly defensive mate...I just see nothing in the article but a list of failed businesses and a tenuous connection to a mob boss. At this stage, that's all the story is...if it's more later, then it's more later.

I think you and I seem to have the same views on alot of this media crap

I find alot of people are very quick to not only believe what the media tells them, but also believe that where there's smoke, there's always fire.

El Diablo

Post Whore

she said there'd be more on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

dunno why nothing tomorrow :?

fish eel

Immortal
she said there'd be more on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

dunno why nothing tomorrow :?

Because they Sydney Morning Herald doesn't come out on Sundays.

Twizzle said:
think you and I seem to have the same views on alot of this media crap

I find alot of people are very quick to not only believe what the media tells them, but also believe that where there's smoke, there's always fire.

By the same token Twiz, immediatley dismissing a story simply because it was in a newspaper and you might not like it is a cop out and head in the sand stuff.

big boppa eel

Juniors
I think you and I seem to have the same views on alot of this media crap

Magnay proved that with Zappia, thought that was pretty factual at the end, and look where Zappia is now.

Latest posts