What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's all about the sh*t music!

HevyDevy

Coach
macavity said:
Just cant handle death metal style stuff

I know they aren't exactly Slayer or Cradle of Filth, but its just not my cup of tea, or goblet of goats blood if you prefer....

im into everything from TOOL to King Tubby - but death metal I cant do.

Iron Maiden fans celebrate christmas????

Death metal? When did this happen?

Maiden aren't even a distant relation to death metal

Ron Jeremy

Coach
FunkyMonk said:
Before you say that Frusciante's guitar work is simple, you should actually go and listen to some of his solo stuff. He goes by the rules of: play less - hear more. He is a very technical guitarst who produces sound which is out of this world. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEFs7thvx6s&mode=related&search=

Regardless of what he plays or style the simple fact of the matter is he'll never be anywhere near the likes of Eddie V, Vai etc in guitar talent. I'm sorry but that's just the reality of it, comparing both is just insulting to eddie.

You should also look up stuff abour Malmstein, very good guitarist.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Regardless of what he plays or style the simple fact of the matter is he'll never be anywhere near the likes of Eddie V, Vai etc in guitar talent. I'm sorry but that's just the reality of it, comparing both is just insulting to eddie.

You should also look up stuff abour Malmstein, very good guitarist.

um, dude. You can't really compare the two because they have very different styles. Van Halen plays his metal and Frusicnate has his own very original style that is not like any other. Frusciante can play any type of music, anything at all. His range is incredible. What he chooses to play on the records is different and it is up to him. What can Eddie play? Just good old metal cranked up with some effects.

Samwise

Bench
At first you were coming off as someone passionate about their music, now you're just coming off as being totally gay for the chili peppers.

HevyDevy

Coach
FunkyMonk said:
um, dude. You can't really compare the two because they have very different styles. Van Halen plays his metal and Frusicnate has his own very original style that is not like any other. Frusciante can play any type of music, anything at all. His range is incredible. What he chooses to play on the records is different and it is up to him. What can Eddie play? Just good old metal cranked up with some effects.

Frusciante isn't even the best guitarist the Chili Peppers have had!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
FunkyMonk said:

You can compare the two, and Frusicnate doesn't even belong in the same sentence with Eddie. Actually Frusicnate would be lucky to hold it with Jack Black lol

Every guitarist has a certain distinctivness about them and style.

Frusciante would be lucky not to stuff up the Come s you are solo little lone play like Eddie.

If he can play like Eddie prove it, show me a clip? the fact is only a handful of people on this earth could match Eddie in talent, and only one or two others for originality.

You don't become the most influential guitarist of all time for no reason. And Eddie used very few pedals, actually every guitarist uses pedals these days.

You really need to do some research on music, instead on relying on biased statements boardering on insanity. You do realise how pathetic it sounds?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Samwise said:
At first you were coming off as someone passionate about their music, now you're just coming off as being totally gay for the chili peppers.

He's loosing credibility by every post he makes.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
You can compare the two, and Frusicnate doesn't even belong in the same sentence with Eddie. Actually Frusicnate would be lucky to hold it with Jack Black lol

Every guitarist has a certain distinctivness about them and style.

Frusciante would be lucky not to stuff up the Come s you are solo little lone play like Eddie.

If he can play like Eddie prove it, show me a clip? the fact is only a handful of people on this earth could match Eddie in talent, and only one or two others for originality.

You don't become the most influential guitarist of all time for no reason. And Eddie used very few pedals, actually every guitarist uses pedals these days.

You really need to do some research on music, instead on relying on biased statements boardering on insanity. You do realise how pathetic it sounds?

Jack Black? Eddie the most influential guitarist? HAHA. I'm not even gonna take anything you say seriously anymore. Obviously you know as much about music as the retarted deaf kid next door.

I know music mate, especially when it comes to guitaring, seeing as i myself play one. You are saying how I sound pathetic for trying to defend my favourite artist and the guitarist who influences my playing the most. When you are doing the exact same thing with Van Halen who produces the same old mumbo jumbo metal. As for talent, you saying that Frusciante has none proves how little you know.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Hell even Flea is better! :lol:

For once i agree with you, Flea is one of the best bassist of the world. He is the top of my list along with Les Claypool. Also the bassist from Rush is up there.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
FunkyMonk said:
Jack Black? Eddie the most influential guitarist? HAHA. I'm not even gonna take anything you say seriously anymore. Obviously you know as much about music as the retarted deaf kid next door.

Eddie has sold more music books then anyother guitarist, I know more about music then you'll ever know.

I know music mate, especially when it comes to guitaring, seeing as i myself play one.

So? i've been playing guitar for 16 years, if your that good post your work on LU and i'll be more then happy to post mine.

You are saying how I sound pathetic for trying to defend my favourite artist and the guitarist who influences my playing the most.

Trying to defend someone is one thing, but trying to compare a bloke who isn't even the best guitarist RHCP have had with Eddie V is just stupidity.

Why don't you ask the forum that?

You actually listed some good bands as your influences, Pink Floyd for an example, Dave Gilmour is a wonderful guitarist and learning his music would be much more benefical then Frush boy.

When you are doing the exact same thing with Van Halen who produces the same old mumbo jumbo metal. As for talent, you saying that Frusciante has none proves how little you know.

Ummm, what has really changed about RHCP? or would you actually like VH to change like Metallica, actually they did 20 years ago, do your research.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
FunkyMonk said:
For once i agree with you, Flea is one of the best bassist of the world. He is the top of my list along with Les Claypool. Also the bassist from Rush is up there.

Flea is good, but my favourte bass players are Sting, Juan Croucier from Ratt.

HevyDevy

Coach
FunkyMonk said:
do you think hilel is better?

I found Navarro to be more creative.

His best work was still with Jane's Addiction but I enjoyed One Hot Minute.

Mate, I appreciate your arguments but you're losing me bagging the great EVH.

He really did revolutionise modern guitar playing. That's historical fact.

Latest posts