What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's all about the sh*t music!

Kiwi

First Grade
HevyDevy said:
Ahhh, I see. You're one of those that believes chart music is there because it's good.

Talent is not an opinion, no matter how many 12-year-old girls tell you Britney is good.

Nope, Personally I can't stand alot of music that makes the charts, doesn't make it bad music, just not what I enjoy.

Talent is an opinion, what you consider talent, and what I consider talent isn't always going to be the same, and what others consider talent will be different again, it's all a matter of opinion.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
Would it be possible to identify the biggest audience of this mainstream music? Who do you think it would be, from what i see only teenage schoolgirls would be into that kind of stuff. Any opinions?

Kiwi

First Grade
FunkyMonk said:
Wow, you must know ALOT about music to classify Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Pepperes, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd as NONAME band/singer.

Nope, but do I get to call them talentless because I don't listen to them and don't enjoy their music?

FunkyMonk

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Nope, but do I get to call them talentless because I don't listen to them and don't enjoy their music?

Point proven, you know sh*t all about music to call those bands talentless.

Kiwi

First Grade
FunkyMonk said:
Would it be possible to identify the biggest audience of this mainstream music? Who do you think it would be, from what i see only teenage schoolgirls would be into that kind of stuff. Any opinions?

Then you aren't looking very hard, your assumming that mainstream music consists of just music like Spears ect.

And if your gonna talk talent then compared to clasical music/singers and opera, none of the bands you mentioned comes even close and are talentless hacks in comparison.

Kiwi

First Grade
FunkyMonk said:
Point proven, you know sh*t all about music to call those bands talentless.

Nope was just using your flawed logic which is "I don't enjoy it so they have no talent"

donkey|rope

Juniors
FunkyMonk said:
Ok I don't know how much you know about music so i'm not ging to bust out with various insults. But those bands that you have named, especially metallica and chili peppers, ARE good bands. Chili Peppers washed up? You got another thing coming mate. Metallica are also making a new album as we speak so that'll be interesting to see.

Some rap concerts are pretty amazing eh? one in a trillion if its on a good day. If they are rebeling against the music then get those motherf**kers off the bloody charts and tell them to go and shove their crappy, lame, piece of sh*t music up their ass!
I grew up listening to metallica, but lets be honest it’s been a long time since you could listen to a metallica record with a straight face. Sure there are a couple of songs that are sort of decent; the fact is they are washed up. I’ll listen to the new record when it comes out, only because I still wonder 'what if'. The red hot chili peppers are sort of in the same boat, except i personally never liked them, save a few songs. wolfmother is a joke, I’d much rather listen to the original and far more superior article in led zeppelin or black sabbath. Don’t get me about system of the down. But that said, I’m not saying any of these bands are untalented and make total and utter garbage, what they are is 'rock lite'; pop music dressed up for the masses who want to fool themselves into thinking they have an 'alternative' or 'educated' taste in music. which is nothing short of ironic because you made an entire thread denouncing various ‘parasites’ as 'sh*t music' on the basis they 'invade the charts with their talentless noise', when you yourself listen to the very same music, except record labels and clever marketing campaigns have led you to believe otherwise.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Samwise said:
So a female musician is only good when they are surrounded by a bunch of men? ah ok that's much better.

Besides the fact that I don't believe you have heard of everyone on that list, how about you list some of your favourite artists so we can all make fun of your tastes?
did I make fun of something?

Everyone has a particular taste in music and more often than not you won't find two people who love the same music as each other.

And with the frame of mind you have at presnt, it wouldn't matter who I listed, you'd find a reason to take a negative outlook on all of them, thus I see making a list utterly pointless.

If you like listening to female solo singers than good for you, you enjoy their music, I won't stop you.

Personally I think it all sounds the same and is utter sh*t.

And yes, I've listened to the works of most of the artists you had listed.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Talent is an opinion, what you consider talent, and what I consider talent isn't always going to be the same, and what others consider talent will be different again, it's all a matter of opinion.

Rubbish, talent is obvious. So just say someone can play only 3 chords on the guitar, yet another can improvise a 8 minute lead break eg Comfortably Numb (live)....if i believe that that person who can only play 3 chords on guitar is more talented, he is?

Talent is as obvious as a dog sh*t on a tennis court, this is why i cannot understand the rationale of many who deem certain music or tastes to be talented when clearly it's as simplistic as all sh*t.

Scenario, who has a better voice:

a) Paul Stanley OR
b) Gene Simmons?

a, why? because Pauls vocal range isn't one dimensional, it has variety so he can basically change his style yet still remain in Key, at the same time he can hit the low notes and hold and then change and hit the high notes and sustain, Gene Simmons can't so A is the winner.

Simple as that

Ron Jeremy

Coach
madunit said:

Everyone has a particular taste in music and more often than not you won't find two people who love the same music as each other.

And with the frame of mind you have at presnt, it wouldn't matter who I listed, you'd find a reason to take a negative outlook on all of them, thus I see making a list utterly pointless.

If you like listening to female solo singers than good for you, you enjoy their music, I won't stop you.

How dare you put sh*t on Yoko Ono:lol:

I will say that some females sound great, Kate pearson, Fiona Horne, Izzy from Neighbours.......they have wonderful voices.

Samwise

Bench
madunit said:

different tastes in music is one thing. You wrote off all female solo artists. You know that's not a genre don't you? I used to have that attitude when i was an angsty teenager who just listened to grunge, punk and metal. In hindsight that kind of closed mindedness seems kinda stupid.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
donkey|rope said:
I grew up listening to metallica, but lets be honest it’s been a long time since you could listen to a metallica record with a straight face. Sure there are a couple of songs that are sort of decent; the fact is they are washed up. I’ll listen to the new record when it comes out, only because I still wonder 'what if'. The red hot chili peppers are sort of in the same boat, except i personally never liked them, save a few songs. wolfmother is a joke, I’d much rather listen to the original and far more superior article in led zeppelin or black sabbath. Don’t get me about system of the down. But that said, I’m not saying any of these bands are untalented and make total and utter garbage, what they are is 'rock lite'; pop music dressed up for the masses who want to fool themselves into thinking they have an 'alternative' or 'educated' taste in music. which is nothing short of ironic because you made an entire thread denouncing various ‘parasites’ as 'sh*t music' on the basis they 'invade the charts with their talentless noise', when you yourself listen to the very same music, except record labels and clever marketing campaigns have led you to believe otherwise.

no mate, believe me. I live for this sh*t and i know the difference.

macavity said:
Just cant handle death metal style stuff

I know they aren't exactly Slayer or Cradle of Filth, but its just not my cup of tea, or goblet of goats blood if you prefer....

im into everything from TOOL to King Tubby - but death metal I cant do.

Iron Maiden fans celebrate christmas????

ok first of maiden are not death metal and imo Tool are heavier than them are u sure your listening too iron maiden

imo i would def label them as a Metal band just like metallica

Ron Jeremy

Coach
FunkyMonk said:
very nice solo, van halen has speed. but frusciante would be able to pull that stuff off with ease. Did you watch that Going inside video? what did you think of the vocals at the end? I reccomend a few more frusicate videos.

:lol: :lol: Speed, yeah that's all he has. Need more then speed to improvise spur of the moment solo's like that, but i'm sure you already new that.

Try doing it on the guitar.

Please show me him pulling it off with ease? Frus' guitar work is that simple i've just learnt how to play it by watching it lol. Yes his voacls are decent, much better, but still nothing compared to an Axl Rose or Ronnie James Dio etc

Please don't insult the guy, Eddie has probably sold more guitar books then every sh*t paper sheet Frusciante's ever used to wripe his arse lol

He's the most influential guitarist off all time with Hendrix, even though Hendrix imo was damn ordinary he did influence many through his colourful way of playing.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
:lol: :lol: Speed, yeah that's all he has. Need more then speed to improvise spur of the moment solo's like that, but i'm sure you already new that.

Try doing it on the guitar.

Please show me him pulling it off with ease? Frus' guitar work is that simple i've just learnt how to play it by watching it lol. Yes his voacls are decent, much better, but still nothing compared to an Axl Rose or Ronnie James Dio etc

Please don't insult the guy, Eddie has probably sold more guitar books then every sh*t paper sheet Frusciante's ever used to wripe his arse lol

He's the most influential guitarist off all time with Hendrix, even though Hendrix imo was damn ordinary he did influence many through his colourful way of playing.

Before you say that Frusciante's guitar work is simple, you should actually go and listen to some of his solo stuff. He goes by the rules of: play less - hear more. He is a very technical guitarst who produces sound which is out of this world. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEFs7thvx6s&mode=related&search=

Latest posts