What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its called backing the wrong horse

Quigs

Immortal
I am beginning to this V’landys merkin has butchered the game.
There has been some massive blow outs already.
The 6 again rule is almost the same as unlimited tackles.

Can you just imagine if we had the 2nd ref and the 'six again' rule was in place.

Every late belly flop tackle that old Fiff made last week would of been a restart. It (his style of the flop) was cause of great mirth where I was watching the game.

And as for the 'attempted' playing of the ball that was a complete farce too.

Ohhhh to reminisce over past years when the workingmans game was just easy to watch.

"Excuse me Captain, where on the field would you like me to set down the scrum?'

For fharkks sake Lord ...... Give me strength.

I am beginning to this V’landys merkin has butchered the game.
There has been some massive blow outs already.
The 6 again rule is almost the same as unlimited tackles.
I thought exactly the same even before they'd started it, in regards to the unlimited tackle scenario.
I gave up on this season as soon as they changed the rules and did not start everyone on even points.
This is not from a Sharks perspective either, we would probably be in the same position. How can a competition take itself seriously when they've decided to make a different game after the first has already started. If they'd have changed it in the off season, no worries.

MilkShark

First Grade
The thing with the 6 again rule, teams with stacked rosters are always going to benefit from it. they get momentum easier and the lesser team will try slow them down.

The stacked teams will have the ball more often and put on more points.

In a competition with so many one sided games due to stacked teams, this only makes matches even easier for the stacked teams to dominate.

Last weekends game is the first game i've watched all year.

bluefox68

Staff member
Lam Jr in ,Flanno Jr out.
No injury news so I’m presuming he has been dropped.
Let’s see how he reacts to this.
Robinson said earlier in the season, “Rotation will be the key.” He was pretty spot on.

I reckon that’s what he’s doing...

Unfortunately. Ideal situation would be Flanno Jnr. gets dropped and signs with the Dwagons...

ghoti

Bench
Robinson: I thought as part of his development ... we've been going OK but we want to keep pushing for more. I want to give Kyle the chance to take a breath and get some development while giving Lachie a chance to come in and show his worth as well. It's always hard for a young player who is driven. He's such a hard worker and trainer. He's been physically putting in week-in-week-out so I can't ask for much more there. t's a tough school and he's a tough kid who is working really hard. It's about taking on the chin, working hard and stand up and fight hard again. That's the way any player week-to-week has to do it.

Good coaching.. that Roosters squad is so strong, it'd be hard not to perform.. and in the games I've watched KF has done his job, but isn't commanding the game. I'm sure he's likely to kick on though, but I think Robinson's right in knowing that he can put anyone with a good kicking game and decent defence in the 7 with that squad. KF as top pointscorer is of course inflated by the fact he's got his goalkicking down in one of the top attacking teams in the comp.

I'm still happy with the call to let Kyle go, he was bein a brat and had a better offer.. hindsight's everything, but we coulda let Xerri go instead of Josh Morris as well and saved a lot of pain. I think the club is learning from some lessons and putting faith in the people who are in it for the club and the squad, the morale on field on the weekend showed that. Those guys who aren't in the hype circle putting in and performing will feed off each other

Frenzy.

Immortal
Predictable. FJ has been doing nothing more than Chad. I told ya's all. He'll end up better but at the moment he's just another Ash Taylor, Brodie Croft or even Brayden Trindall. Halfback with potential

Latest posts