What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's my turn to white ant.

Madsharkie

First Grade
The way Manly are playing vs the way we're playing it'll be a friggin cricket score!
I agree with most on here that we could do better with a coach other than Flanno, but... he wasn't the merkin on the field dropping the ball, or not knowing how to draw and pass.
However, as the bloke responsible for the preparation and overall performance of the team, if Flanno doesn't take some drastic action and make some bloody obvious changes to the line up we should piss him off to help save ourselves the heartache of another terrible year.
Yesterday was an absolute disgrace and the entire team and coaching staff should be taking a long hard look at themselves today, because none of them deserve to be playing in our jersey at the moment.

super_coach

First Grade
Its funny how things work out, Iam a tigers man and last week like most saw you guys as being dudded. Would have been such a positive win for your club to roll the much fancied tigers on a full house at their home ground. Than the next week a few balls go to hand in the first half and your got a match winning lead. Confidence would have been sky high and the footy club would be buzzing. In reality your none from two and the gloom is setting in. Its a very fine line you could have easy been two from two and the talk of the town.

Not that I know anything but I would get Robson into no7 and let him take some heat off Carney and play a very simple grinding style of footy to the combinations come together. I still say the Sharks are a chance of a top eight finish and will get better as all the new guys start to gell

Windy70

Juniors
I think they will get alot better. As soon as few obvious changes take place and the boys have a win or 2 and a confidence boost.

I'm done waiting

I want it now, I want it yesterday and I want some f**kin more tomorrow.

Be Sharks, play like Sharks, not friggen guppies.

imasharkie

Coach
how could you go to the preso ?
I walked out before the game ended.

woeful stuff.
just woeful.....so much so I don't think I will go next week.
f**k it ...its my birthday next Monday and I don't want to end it on another f**king heartless sharks performance.

I had decided to go to the presso before the game. Went to the club after the game, took half an hour to get a beer. So took wifey up to the mall and drank at the 2230 bar ( love that bar).
Who wants to go to the presso anyway.

Inferno

Coach
I'm hardly Flanno's biggest fan, but calling for his head after 2 rounds is bordering on lunacy.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lets all be honest here, if those last passes stuck you'd all be barred up after Benny's new mob just got towelled up by the Sharks.

All I saw was a team still needing time to gel.

Give em 2 more weeks before dragging out the noose. The Sharks attack actually looks threatening for the first time in years.

Their defence broke down a few times but a lot of other teams would have conceeded more tries.

Just a simple case of dropsies. Cowboys had it in week 1. They bounced back pretty bloody well.

I'd expect the Sharks to do the same. Manly were less than convincing against an average Tigers outfit on Friday.

coolumsharkie

Referee
They came out so flat in the 2nd half..

Out of all the hoo haa, this is a true statment, I was there on the tryline when they came out 2nd half and the heads were down, body language was poor. Almost looked like as if there was a fight at half-time.

I am not bagging the coach, just my observation.

Card Shark

Immortal
Out of all the hoo haa, this is a true statment, I was there on the tryline when they came out 2nd half and the heads were down, body language was poor. Almost looked like as if there was a fight at half-time.

I am not bagging the coach, just my observation.

Possibly a reason for this was the heat. After last week & the first half this week, maybe they (subconsciously) were not looking forward to going back out?

SadShark

Bench
Card Shark, please go easy on them!!!!!!

Couldn't we at least have had each player sit on his mummy's lap with her hand stroking through their hair, perhaps softly singing a lullaby & saying "there, there, mummy's here".

I think then, collectively, all the mothers could have then approached the ref's & ask, no tell the ref's that their sons do not feel like playing today.

Now that is fair & reasonable.

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
Possibly a reason for this was the heat. After last week & the first half this week, maybe they (subconsciously) were not looking forward to going back out?

Oh dear. f**k that. They get paid very well to to out there and play. They all whinge through off season saying they can't wait for a game, then when it rolls around they aren't looking forward to it. Every single player should have been jumping out of their skins.

Frailty

First Grade
6-0 down at half time coming up against a team that consisted of a traitor - not to mention that they looked somewhat dangerous in the first half if they could catch a f**king ball - and they couldn't get up for the second half?!

Not buying that shit.

These performances have been in the club for a while now, and whilst many here will be baying for Phlanno's blood - let's be honest. What would it really achieve? We have sacked coaches in the past with no success. So what is the problem?

We are a broke piece of shit team which is competing against sides with better facilities, consultants, etc. We have a management team that is fiscally responsibly (unlike their predecessors, thankfully) but have this weird idea that feeding hopeful lies will pay off with success. This focus on 'positivity' is great to drum up support in the off season - and I generally think over the off season there was a lot of support for the club, and a decent crowd on Sunday is testament to that - but when the team plays like shit, you can't expect the crowd and positivity to remain.

I freely admit that I am a cynical bastard. But I think that's based on observations of our club's behaviour. Announcing Snowden resigned before he did, announcing on the Grill Team we have a sponsor which will be announced in a week, announcing again an announcement about a major sponsor will be made in a couple of weeks. Fact is - we don't have any prospects.

Unfortunately, I believe that this trend extends to the development. The club has made it out like it will be getting through, but I doubt it's success and with it our club's future. I guess I shouldn't be predicting how future events will unfold but I really can't help this will become reality.

Just like I know that today, the team list will be largely the same (with any change being superficial and not enough). I know this, because this is what happens every Tuesday after another loss. And just like I knew that our only attacking kicks on Sunday would be across field bombs - like last year. Not a grubber was seen last year, and doubt it will this year.

I'm sure there will be accusations of razor blades, etc. like there always tends to be. But to be honest, I'm far too numb about the Sharks to be cut up about it anymore. Everything that has happened to the Sharks has been self inflicted and been dragging out for so long that whilst I love the club and team - I'm really numb to anything that happens.

I'm a Sharks supporter until I die - but the culture of the club is horrible and destructive. Positivity is great - but without the reality check it is doomed to continue to its almost inevitable grim end.

f**king dismal wasnt it.

nice day. good crowd. nearly won first up and then just shit on a plate for the home crowd.

no wonder no one really was cheering or anything. it was more just "best and less sharks take to the field...no suprise they still suck..anyway how was ya weekend"

there was one bloke on the huill that was pretty hammered and complaining that he needed a nap. couldnt blame him.

you couldnt even get mad on sunday. why would ya bother? it was just..bleh.

so yeah...go team. whopee. another season. whatever.

Last edited:

dreary

Juniors
And just like I knew that our only attacking kicks on Sunday would be across field bombs - like last year. Not a grubber was seen last year, and doubt it will this year.

Glad you brought this up as it was for me the most frustrating thing in the game. I can live with a few dropped balls that happens (mistakes happen). However the old saying repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

The best attaking kick that was put in all day by us was the last play of the first half where a grubber was put into the corner and would have earned a drop out if it happened at any of the 50 bloody other times when they kicked high only for it to be defused IN f**king GOAL!!!!!!! every other team understands if they are going to the air, kick it so it lands about 1mtr inside the field of play but not ours.......... ARRRRRR!!!!

They also understand to mix it up a bit and keep them guessing so put in grubbers at least they usually end up with a drop out and and pressure if nothing else.

Sorry for the rant but stupid play repeated is what is killing us more than even the dropped ball.

Latest posts