What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's my turn to white ant.

Vin Fizz

Bench
I need a rant..sorry. I'm afraid Frailty is right. Mind you I think Reefy (where ever he is) is also right about a couple of things. Most importantly Jack was right.......IT'S IN THE WOODWORK. Kudos to all those trying to save our club out of pure passion (there’s nothing more honourable). But I took my seat in the ET stand among hardened members and the overwhelming feeling for mine was “Hope” rather than “of course we’ll win”. When you go to Canberra Stadium you won’t find a member there that will even consider thinking about losing. We don’t seem to have that. Other things point to that culture, the ground needs help, the club is run down (light globes missing, broken fittings about the place, torn carpet). I saw a sponsor with his children, his mates and his mates children having to argue with the door lady about entry into the club at the ONLY OPEN DOOR…so everyone trying to leave and arrive had to push by the poor fella. Having the food stand located near the main thoroughfare for entry at the Eastern gate (I almost saw fights). It just doesn’t seem to happen at the other places that I have watched the footy. Winning starts from the roots. Get the little things right and the players will feel far worse about putting in poor performances because they are letting the whole ORGANISM down. I reckon That’s What Jack Meant!

Glad you brought this up as it was for me the most frustrating thing in the game. I can live with a few dropped balls that happens (mistakes happen). However the old saying repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

The best attaking kick that was put in all day by us was the last play of the first half where a grubber was put into the corner and would have earned a drop out if it happened at any of the 50 bloody other times when they kicked high only for it to be defused IN f**king GOAL!!!!!!! every other team understands if they are going to the air, kick it so it lands about 1mtr inside the field of play but not ours.......... ARRRRRR!!!!

They also understand to mix it up a bit and keep them guessing so put in grubbers at least they usually end up with a drop out and and pressure if nothing else.

Sorry for the rant but stupid play repeated is what is killing us more than even the dropped ball.

Totally agree with all this.

I think the cross field bomb is so overused it's not funny.

And ours aren't even executed right.

In that heat repeat sets are what u want.

Put in a grubber ffs it's not rocket science.

spider

Coach
Grubber kicks in goal, repeat sets, hot conditions, possession to build pressure - we didn't even look like thinking it, let alone executing it.

At least we can rule out the hot conditions next week.

spider

Coach
Was John lang the last coach to actually complete the actual time frame on his contract?

If so, that was quite a while ago.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Grubber kicks in goal, repeat sets, hot conditions, possession to build pressure - we didn't even look like thinking it, let alone executing it.

At least we can rule out the hot conditions next week.

10 Minutes into second half, The entire Newcarsole team bar one or two huddled together on our left side, in defence. We have the ball. On the third we could have kicked to the North Eastern Corner and raffled the f**king ball. We turned it left and ran into the whole f**king atlantic fleet when we had the pacific ocean to ourselves.

Quigs

Immortal
10 Minutes into second half, The entire Newcarsole team bar one or two huddled together on our left side, in defence. We have the ball. On the third we could have kicked to the North Eastern Corner and raffled the f**king ball. We turned it left and ran into the whole f**king atlantic fleet when we had the pacific ocean to ourselves.

Tora Tora Tora

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Come on,

We are 14th with a negative for and against...........been this way for quite some time.

Woohooo

spider

Coach
but angry, the best is yet to come..

i suppose that is a truism, considering we couldnt do any worse

Frailty

First Grade
Was checking to look at our odds for the Wooden Spoon but the TAB website looks like it has suspended betting on club position...

... Maybe we can hope for a Salary Cap breach by another club...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I need a rant..sorry. I'm afraid Frailty is right. Mind you I think Reefy (where ever he is) is also right about a couple of things. Most importantly Jack was right.......IT'S IN THE WOODWORK. Kudos to all those trying to save our club out of pure passion (there’s nothing more honourable). But I took my seat in the ET stand among hardened members and the overwhelming feeling for mine was “Hope” rather than “of course we’ll win”. When you go to Canberra Stadium you won’t find a member there that will even consider thinking about losing. We don’t seem to have that. Other things point to that culture, the ground needs help, the club is run down (light globes missing, broken fittings about the place, torn carpet). I saw a sponsor with his children, his mates and his mates children having to argue with the door lady about entry into the club at the ONLY OPEN DOOR…so everyone trying to leave and arrive had to push by the poor fella. Having the food stand located near the main thoroughfare for entry at the Eastern gate (I almost saw fights). It just doesn’t seem to happen at the other places that I have watched the footy. Winning starts from the roots. Get the little things right and the players will feel far worse about putting in poor performances because they are letting the whole ORGANISM down. I reckon That’s What Jack Meant!

Well summed up. The joint is run down and well behind the times in every department.

When does that decision come down again?

gUt

Coach
It's a stupid thing for a Broncos fan to say I suppose but you guys have just gotta keep turning up and spending your hard earned.

yeahhhh....well..

it really dosnt help when they play like total merkins though.

just. like why would ya? seriously. the fans showed up. the stage was set. the jersey was empty..all there waiting for a big effort and a home win and then they just go and shit on the rug. the execution was attrocious. the team looked at parts like they didnt know what thef**k they were doing. newcastle werent even good.

really does nothing for the supporterbase a performance like that. FFS...just win a match in 10. they cant even do that. 19 wins in the 3 and a little bit years post greg bird. f**k off. thats horrendous.

take last year. we got thrashed in week 1 but derby day week 2 the team really fired up at home and won.
this year. poo pants performance. so inept and depressing that no one even got mad at the game. just "ah well. same ol shit. whats doing later sarvy?"

it was more entertaining at the end to watch em f**k up.

infact. i was dissapointed we scored that consilation charity try. because we deserved to lose to nil.

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
Yep can't argue with any of that. No club's fans have had a tougher trot than the Sharks, except maybe 5(c)uFF$.

Card Shark

Immortal
Card Shark, please go easy on them!!!!!!

Couldn't we at least have had each player sit on his mummy's lap with her hand stroking through their hair, perhaps softly singing a lullaby & saying "there, there, mummy's here".

I think then, collectively, all the mothers could have then approached the ref's & ask, no tell the ref's that their sons do not feel like playing today.

Now that is fair & reasonable.

Funny.

Sorry mate, just trying to make some sense of a senseless performance.

Windy70

Juniors
Newcastle were not very good. We found holes in Benny's defence and then proceeded to completely f**k up the putt.

Throw our best players in their favourite positions, drop a few anchors (if only as a wake up call) and lets get this friggen season started.

edit: forgot a t

Last edited:

Latest posts