What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

its official FINCH HAS LANDED

Agent Mulder

Bench
JessEel said:
im so suprised that nearly everyone is positive in this thread! hurray parramatta fans!!

EXACTLY! Some Parra fans just need to think of the pro's of the Finch signing.

bradeel

Juniors
"There is no doubt the opportunity to work with Michael Hagan once again was a great incentive, as was the chance to work alongside Tim Smith. He is a player of enormous ability, and I believe we can do great things together for Parramatta."

surely this is enough of a statement from both Brett Finch and Parra that Tim Smith should and won't be going anywhere??

Welcome Finchy. The player i loved to hate is now going to be one of us. Play well, and we'll all move on in the right direction.

True EEL

Bench
ParraManiac

i like the way you think....first a 5/8, now a prop....great minds mate

is there anything still going on with us potentially getting Manease Manukafoa from Souths as i think he would be a great addition to our pack

Parra Guru

Coach
sounds like it's time for another one of my sexy parties...

stewie_dance.gif

Agent Mulder

Bench
True EEL said:
ParraManiac

i like the way you think....first a 5/8, now a prop....great minds mate

is there anything still going on with us potentially getting Manease Manukafoa from Souths as i think he would be a great addition to our pack

I Heard he was talking to Canterbury, I think they are hot favorites to sign him after losing Nate Myles, I would love to have him at our club as well, But we still have Fui Fui.

Agent Mulder

Bench
eel4life said:
BRETT FINCH
21 July 2006
The Parramatta National Rugby League Club wishes to advise that player Brett Finch has today agreed to terms for the next two years.

"I'm glad my future is settled and I'm looking forward to ending the season on a high with the Roosters," Finch said.

"I will miss everyone at the Roosters, especially the players and supporters, but I am looking forward to a new start at Parramatta," Finch added.

Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald is excited by the news.
"Brett has shown his ability in the pressure of representative football, and he will be a great asset to our strong playing roster for next year. I join with everyone from Parramatta in welcoming him to the Club," Mr Fitzgerald said.
"There is no doubt the opportunity to work with Michael Hagan once again was a great incentive, as was the chance to work alongside Tim Smith. He is a player of enormous ability, and I believe we can do great things together for Parramatta. When I was given the opportunity to find a new Club for next year, I told my manager that Parramatta was my number one priority," Finch said.

Brett's manger Steve Gillis says he's glad the situation has been resolved.
"There is no doubt Brett is sad to be moving on, but at the same time he is very comfortable with the decision, and I know he is really looking forward to wearing the Blue and Gold next year," Mr Gillis said.
Brett has asked the media to respect his desire not to make any further comment on the matter.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1368.asp

I love that quote! Very excited about next season now, It sounds like he really wants to play for us and play well, As long as he can produce his 2004 form, I'll be happy.

colmac75

Juniors
All we can do is see how he goes. Lets not bag untill we all know how he is gonna play. Remember, Timmy will be guiding the side with Finch helping. So I think its a good signing and feel better we do have an established rep player coming to Parra.

fish eel

Immortal
Agent Mulder said:
I love that quote! Very excited about next season now, It sounds like he really wants to play for us and play well, As long as he can produce his 2004 form, I'll be happy.

Yeah, it's a good one, and I'm very surprised the doughbut eater came up with it ;-)

forward pass

Coach
Look - if he plays crap he will be in reserves. Whats the problem?

I have seen him play some very good games and I would rather have him than try to find someone else at short notice - or manufactrue a 5/8.

And lets remember there are not too many good five-eighths around any more so we have done quite well.

As for Blake Green - if he is good enough - his chance will come. I have seen lots of superstars in reserves who become just good players in firsts so some of us need to calm the excitement down a bit. eg - Brian Jackson, David Penna (I thought they were going to be legends!!)

True EEL

Bench
Agent Mulder said:
I Heard he was talking to Canterbury, I think they are hot favorites to sign him after losing Nate Myles, I would love to have him at our club as well, But we still have Fui Fui.

that would be right....i'll be pissed if he goes there and he is just the type of foward everyone will say "see he's another typical big, hard-working Canterbury forward - oh aren't they grand".....makes me sick

i'll still hold some hope for him and others have mentioned Vilisanti - he could be ok too as we definitely need another prop on the bench

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
forward pass said:
Look - if he plays crap he will be in reserves. Whats the problem?

That is the problem.

While I rate Hagan as a coach, he does not like dropping players, especially ones who have repuatations like Finch. If Hagan's past is anything to go by, Tim Smith would be dropped well before Finch and I don't think anyone would say that's a good thing.

But like Hagan, Finch deserves a chance. He's here and there's nothing anybody can do about it, I'm sure everyone will support him.

Agent Mulder said:
Its a good signing, If Blake plays well in the lower grades, Can't we just shift Finch to hooker with Riddell in the 2nd row with Hindmarsh and Chad to lock? Some of you worry far too much.

We signed someone, Can't everyone just be happy for once? Hooray no more bitching about not signing anyone!

and PJ to? i dont think finch will like being a benched hooker. might get all sooky. :p :fist:

im with number8 my fingers are crossed. may turn out ok. however i suspect not.:doubt:

Gronk

Staff member
Well I'm pretty happy. He's a quality signing. All this talk of Timmy getting the sh!ts is just fallout from the Telegraph story this morning. Timmy should he happy. It is unambiguously clear that he will be 7 and Finch will be 6.

I'm pumped ! :thumb

ParraManiac

Juniors
fish eel said:
Yeah, it's a good one, and I'm very surprised the doughbut eater came up with it ;-)

Yeah you cant ask for more than that. I think it clearly outlines the way he and the club are thinking.