What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

its official FINCH HAS LANDED

Utey

Coach
Welcome finchy! tbh iam very happy he is coming! If Blake is good enough he will force his way into the side, but tbh banking on a kid who has not played any NRL is silly. Good move by Hages!

spiderdan

Bench
Parra Guru said:
sounds like it's time for another one of my sexy parties...

stewie_dance.gif
go for it stewie.

caylo

Bench
well i cant complain... mabey he will be motivated more with hags.
so far id say we hae filled the following possies
1hayne
2inu
3benny
4tit
5grothe
6finch
7timmy
8cayless
9riddell
10moimoi
11hindy
12robo
13wagon

14marsh
15mateo
16tsulous
17vella
18corodba
19cannings
20lowrie

V1er

Juniors
Theres no doubt its a risk, but whats life worth without taking risks. welcome finchy hopefully he can show some good form.

eel4life

Juniors
Any half back will struggle when the forward pack doesnt do anything, if we can be competitive in the forwards the whole year as we have been over the past few months then there is no reason why Finch cannot be ok, and help us out.

Hindy said during his origin time with him he puts in 100% well then thats all you can ask for.

Next year it will be a fresh start for him he is 25 so there is some improvement in him and thats ok, we just need a good 7 and 6 combination and finch can kick, pass and take on the line so that might help tim get even better.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I've had time to think about it and TBH. Finch deserves a chance people were absoultly giving it to Brian when he made the move in 2005 to put Timmy in the halves with Morris who was better known in a different position, but by round 9 some were claiming that they were the best halves pairing in the comp.

Who's to say the same won't happen with Timmy and Finch?
If Finch fails then there are still options like Blake Green and Feleti Mateo in reggies.

If Timmy fails or gets injured then Blake can come in as either a half or 5/8 to partner Finch.

With the loss of Morris and Dusty next year lets just say that Tim is unavalible like he is now

6. Blake Green/Feleti Mateo
7. Brett Finch

Looks better then

6. Todd Lowrie
7. Blake Green

spiderdan

Bench
caylo said:
1hayne
2inu
3benny
4tit
5grothe
6finch
7timmy
8cayless
9riddell
10moimoi
11hindy
12robo
13wagon

14marsh
15mateo
16tsulous
17vella
18corodba
19cannings
20lowrie
this is why i can't understand people complaining about us not going on a spending spree and sgning every name that was off contract.

that is a very strong starting 13. the bench players named as well as others suggest we should still have a very strong side.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
jake has lost his mind, either that or he's just being a bastard... :-k

Bigfella

Coach
It's done now and for some reason I think that TS and BF will be on the same wavelength. They will definitely have a lot to prove after this seaon and they have a lot of ability and talent to call on.

Hagan is a calming coach who can create a very smooth relaxed atmosphere which both could thrive on. The comments by Hindmarsh this morning were very positive and a great sign. The players seem excited by it.

What's more, it's great to put it to rest so that the 2006 squad know it's a chance to send a small core of players out on a good note. Look how much some of them have lifted since their futures were sorted out these last few weeks.

Let's do it!

the_eel

Juniors
At least we'll have some options in attack with Smith and Finch both there and a couple of kicking options should Smith get caught out of play on the last. Who knows what will happen......only time will tell butas has been said many times......if Blake Green is good enough he'll force his way into the top squad somewhere.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Originally Posted by caylo
1hayne
2inu
3benny
4tit
5grothe
6finch
7timmy
8cayless
9riddell
10moimoi
11hindy
12robo
13wagon

14marsh
15mateo
16tsulous
17vella
18corodba
19cannings
20lowrie

IMO with that back line, finch will have a very easy job....he knows how to find a player in a whole and also dosent mind taking the line on!
My biggest concern is the foward pack.....imo i dont rate that foward pack at all!
Cayless is more of a 2nd rower the a foward...Tsolous is injury prone and fat...vella is soft...wagon can only play so many good games a season.....cannings is injury prone......robbo is a dud in attack!!!....we will have to be at our upmost best when playing the likes of dogs, broncos and dragons next year....ffs....even souths fowards are starting to look better then ours