What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

its official FINCH HAS LANDED

mickdo

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
who you gonna put instead of them, pete? fishy?
Everyone the same thing about the Libs before they last got in to power. Howard was about the 5th or 6th leader in 3 years (was recycled the 3rd time himself) and had zero policies when he ran. How quickly we forget. :lol:

A_J_Gray

Juniors
Finch is no where near as bad as anyone makes him out to be.
Dont kid yourselves, its not a bad signing.
And if he prooves to be a dud, theres first division. He cant do any harm having him there.

Gronk

Staff member
FINCH ON SONG: Brett Finch has been heavily criticised this season, but statistics say he hasn't been as bad as some people think. The Roosters player, who has been shunted from hooker to halfback to bench to five-eighth this season, is still running equal fifth in the NRL's top try-assist category. Parramatta-bound Finch has set up 12 four-pointers, which puts him on the same line as Brett Kimmorley and Johnathan Thurston. Finch is also high up in the top line-break assists category. Not surprisingly, Andrew Johns leads both comfortably.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/sport/archives/2006/07/walker_can_ride.html

Stagger eel

Staff member
Geez Gronk, your such a Pollyanna...I was just beginning to hate Finch and now you've just gone ahead and ruined my day...and my weekend.:sarcasm:

;-) ;-)

I don't vote based on what happened 10 years ago, mickdo.

Example - the other day Beazley was talking about committing troops to Lebanon. He actually had something to say on the issue and I was impressed (sort of) because he wasn't spouting useless "opposition" rhetoric for once.

Five seconds later when asked about interest rates he answers by talking about the old "Howard v Costello" stoush, as if this is the reason why me will be hit with a hike at the beginning of next month.

If Beazley has nothing to say about interest rates there is no way he'll be getting my vote.

And at the last election, as soon as they unveiled Medicare Gold I knew that they had absolutely no clue what they were doing.

Beazley is, despite the massive amount of time he has had as Opposition leader, still waffling on with "opposition for opposition's sake" rhetoric and has not as yet come out with a single policy of his own that either makes sense or can be easily understood by the general public.

I vote for Libs because Labor are not even close to being an option just as much as I vote for them because I support them. Labor has a helluva long way to go before they are even close to being considered a possible government.

Gronk

Staff member
eelavation said:
Geez Gronk, your such a Pollyanna...I was just beginning to hate Finch and now you've just gone ahead and ruined my day...and my weekend.:sarcasm:

;-) ;-)

Eela, Finchy has my 100% support. ;-)

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Gronk said:
FINCH ON SONG: Brett Finch has been heavily criticised this season, but statistics say he hasn't been as bad as some people think. The Roosters player, who has been shunted from hooker to halfback to bench to five-eighth this season, is still running equal fifth in the NRL's top try-assist category. Parramatta-bound Finch has set up 12 four-pointers, which puts him on the same line as Brett Kimmorley and Johnathan Thurston. Finch is also high up in the top line-break assists categoryhttp://blogs.smh.com.au/sport/archives/2006/07/walker_can_ride.html

Well there you go. Very interesting indeed. I have a really good feeling we will see the best of Finch in blue and gold. And the best of Finch could be very, very good for us

mickdo

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
If Beazley has nothing to say about interest rates there is no way he'll be getting my vote.
What exactly has Howard said that fills you with more confidence in him? Rates are going up again if you hadn't noticed. If you are going to buy the Liberal line that Labor governments will always have higher interest rates, then why say this...
Hollywood Jesus said:
I don't vote based on what happened 10 years ago, mickdo.

mickdo

Coach
Sounds like Finch is having a good game at 5/8 today against the Cowboys. Let's hope he carries this new lease of life to the Eels next year.

Parraren

Bench
Funny that. Anasta out, Finch into 5/8th and all of a sudden they are smashing the Cowboys ;-)

Finch a try, 2 line breaks, 116m....

Are they sure Finch is the problem? :lol:

Tune in for the replay on Fox fella's. Might be worth a look at Finchy's game.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I went out to specifcally watch him all match and i can tell you, I was more than impressed. Him and Josh lewis absolutely owned The Cowboys and the individual try he scored was just amazing.

I'm excited..very very excited.