What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITS OK PEOPLE! We have a new coach, give them time

NumberOne

Juniors
Next year it will be:

"ITS OK PEOPLE! We have a new halfback, give them time"

Year After it will be:

ITS OK PEOPLE! We have just lost Burt and Hindy to retirement, give them time...

I don't know about you, but I am over the excuses.

Hate to say I told you so...

Captain BF

Juniors
Did we just lose the first game or the first 21 games? I hate quitters like you Number One. You're a sook.

yy_cheng

Coach
yeah we are rebuilding.

5 more years and she'll be right mate.

Hayne would be in AFL, Hindy, Fui retired, Sandow has joined the gold coast, Allgood playing for Souths, Mannah at the doggies.

Plenty of time to build the team SK needs.

Maybe SK needs a edge and center forwards coach to teach our young backrowers how to play.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hate to say I told you so...

I sincerely doubt that. I mean, aside from the obvious, glaring issue with your initial prediction (claiming people would resort to patience due to a new halfback? Truly clairvoyant material, that), surely - if you truly "hate" to say it - you would have waited until the team had played more than ONE game of football (half of it with just one playmaker, too) before galloping in with your negativity parade to show us all how bright and correct you are...

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Fitness for all NRL squads are now at or very close to peak optimum level, meaning NRL defences have improved on years gone by making it much easier to read and shut down simple easy to read attacking games like the one SK & co provide for the Eels.

Low % games like controlling the ball, avoiding 2nd phase plays to reduce mistakes, relying primarily on a one out grinding game for 80 minutes, can more easily be handled by fitter NRL defences.

Yes, points are leaked by these defences, kick here, bounce of the ball luck there, a perfect Jarryd Hayne pass here, etc, BUT, many of these NRL squads have a better, more free flowing, add-libing attacking game permitted in their structures/game-plans, allowing their briliant attackers to rip apart NRL defences like the Eels when oportunities present.

Unles we improve our attacking structures most NRL teams will score more points than the Eels during 2012, we'll miss out on the top 8 with a high probability of coming last this year.

Our attacking game is suffocating and SK & co are fully responsibile for this. Their hands are around the Eels throats squeezing them tight.

We play a most boring game..

ManOnCouchSnoring.jpg.w560h373.jpg

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Ouir improving attack has to start in the forwards, Hindmarsh can hit & turn and offload, so can Tim Mannah, Fui, Poore, Reni, etc... If we don't fix this problem in the engine room shortly we won't create sufficient opportunities for add-lib attackers like Burt, Hayne, Sandow & Reni, etc, to pull apart defences.

If you say we don't have the players then we should pull out of the NRL to join second division NSW cup and forget about NRL dreams anymore.

Why are we waisting our time following the Eels in NRL?

At least in second division we know where we all stand and what to expect!

Eels Dude

Coach
For an absolute nutcase Casper, you're talking a lot of sense. Some very good points made in those last two posts, especially the former one.

cv8z

Juniors
This year I expected us to miss the 8 and next year I expect us to make the 8.

I reckon Sandow will finish this year on a massive high but next year will be a bit of a let-down early on. He'll still be streets ahead of anybody we've got at the club.

But by the end of next year Sandow will be in good form and we'll go well in the finals.

I think in 2013 we'll be genuine premiership contenders.

Hmmm

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
Fitness for all NRL squads are now at or very close to peak optimum level, meaning NRL defences have improved on years gone by making it much easier to read and shut down simple easy to read attacking games like the one SK & co provide for the Eels.

Low % games like controlling the ball, avoiding 2nd phase plays to reduce mistakes, relying primarily on a one out grinding game for 80 minutes, can more easily be handled by fitter NRL defences.

Yes, points are leaked by these defences, kick here, bounce of the ball luck there, a perfect Jarryd Hayne pass here, etc, BUT, many of these NRL squads have a better, more free flowing, add-libing attacking game permitted in their structures/game-plans, allowing their briliant attackers to rip apart NRL defences like the Eels when oportunities present.

Unles we improve our attacking structures most NRL teams will score more points than the Eels during 2012, we'll miss out on the top 8 with a high probability of coming last this year.

Our attacking game is suffocating and SK & co are fully responsibile for this. Their hands are around the Eels throats squeezing them tight.

We play a most boring game..

ManOnCouchSnoring.jpg.w560h373.jpg

After 1 ROUND, you are looking like Nostradamus. Most people on this forum know I am not sold on Kearney's coaching abilities but even I would give them more than 1 round before coming to a conclusion like that.

If we keep dishing out the same boring, predictable crap we saw in round 1, then we may well be on 1 win from 6 starts. But I would like to think things will pick up as we get more game time under our belt.

Just sit back and watch it unfold.....I hope.:?

WOE

Stagger eel

Staff member
The 'boring style' argument is a good one for the death riders as its something they can fall back on if we start winning.

born an eel

Bench
After 1 ROUND, you are looking like Nostradamus. Most people on this forum know I am not sold on Kearney's coaching abilities but even I would give them more than 1 round before coming to a conclusion like that.

If we keep dishing out the same boring, predictable crap we saw in round 1, then we may well be on 1 win from 6 starts. But I would like to think things will pick up as we get more game time under our belt.

Just sit back and watch it unfold.....I hope.:?

WOE
I would have to agree with this post.

I don't think SK coaching can be blamed for some of the easy dropped balls tha we saw on Friday night. As it was only round 1 and I beleive our handling wasn't the best during the trials, the coaching staff would have tried to simplify things to get the basic things right first.

If we continue to play like this further into the comp we will get dominated in the ruck every week. As Casper points out, defences are well drilled and fitter these days and easily handle predictable attacks. Most people recognise our play the balls are slow and as a lot of our attack coming out of our own half is one out style, it allows defenses to compress and get 3 and 4 defenders into the tackle. Referees are happy if the defenders start moving when called and when you have so many in the tackle it takes longer for all to get up.

Even if we don't use second phase play to much we need to have more movement off the ball to draw some of the defenders away from the man carrying the ball.

Marrapatta

Juniors
I don't think SK coaching can be blamed for some of the easy dropped balls tha we saw on Friday night. As it was only round 1 and I beleive our handling wasn't the best during the trials, the coaching staff would have tried to simplify things to get the basic things right first.

I could be wrong, but I would've thought that the number one and most simplistic skill in the game would be to hang onto the ball.

Second to tackling the bloke with the different coloured jersey with the ball.

What are the coaching staff teaching them then? How to run onto the paddock? Or how to put their boots on?

attamarrap

Juniors
At least wait and see what happens when hayne and tonga come into the side they are 2 internationals after all