What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"It's raining and I don't think the planes are flying."

Eels Dude

Coach
:iwstupid: and this thread is : :crazy::crazy::crazy:
The way some people have run with this one line in the paper is ridiculous. Who knows if he really said it, and even if we did we have no idea about the context. Was he being sarcastic? Was it an obvious joke? Is whoever gave that quote to the media trying to slime Inglis after feeling bad he didn't go to their club.

Move on people, nothing to see here.

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if he were rumoured to be joining Manly. If Souths fail to sign him, you'll probably lay into him for being a dumbass too.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
We are signing him to play rugby league, which he does better than all bar a few, not to design NASA space missions or to cure cancer.

user_nat

Coach
We are signing him to play rugby league, which he does better than all bar a few, not to design NASA space missions or to cure cancer.

Yeah, but what happens when you have an away game and its raining?

One has to wonder how he got anywhere in Melbourne.

natheel

Coach
i think i missed something....was this a quote from greg himself in an interview...if so i want to see it hahahaha

user_nat

Coach
i think i missed something....was this a quote from greg himself in an interview...if so i want to see it hahahaha

Inglis rang Gee on Saturday morning and said: "It's raining and I don't think the planes are flying."

Gee told Inglis the planes did in fact fly in the wet. At 1.30pm on Saturday, the call that Brisbane feared arrived. The handshake had apparently been forgotten when Inglis told Gee: "I'm not coming back. And I'm not signing."
full story

Evenflow

Bench
One has to wonder how he got anywhere in Melbourne.

Given it rains a sh*tload more anually in Brisbane than what it does in Melbourne he'd have even more more trouble getting around there. It rains even more in Sydney than both those places so it looks like he's f**ked :lol:

some11

Referee
"It's raining and I don't think I can surf anymore."

ind96400016420x0.jpg

Oh well. It's his decision and it may pay off or it may not. At the end of the day GI made his decision, the Broncos made theirs and Souths made theirs. It happens. He isn't even the best player the Broncos have missed out on, remember they came within a whisker of snaring Joey. I'm just glad he is staying in our game.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
You don't need to be smart to show integrity, something Inglis seems to have failed to do here.

Having said that though, at the end of the day I would prefer him to go to Souths rather than Brisbane. Brisbane have had plenty of recent success and big name players, while Souths haven't. If anyone should benefit from the Melbourne cheating farce, it should be teams like Souths who haven't been a serious theat for some time, and not another New Limited run team. Souths have absolutely no excuses for failure anymore.They have a team more than capable of competing for the title, although I'm still unsure on their halves.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
:iwstupid: and this thread is : :crazy::crazy::crazy:
The way some people have run with this one line in the paper is ridiculous. Who knows if he really said it, and even if we did we have no idea about the context. Was he being sarcastic? Was it an obvious joke? Is whoever gave that quote to the media trying to slime Inglis after feeling bad he didn't go to their club.

Move on people, nothing to see here.
So your new BFF gets some stick and you get all defensive. Normally you regard anything from the paper as gospel yet on this occasion their wrong. GI's getting enough man love from the NZ actor, mundane and porky richardson, I'm sure he doesn't need your jism as well.

Latest posts