What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its that time of year. Your top 17 for 2010 and general discussion for 2010

Wet dream as wont even come close to fruition, Jeff Limo's looking around for a NSW club(Well Sydney club)

Imagine a starting front row of.

8. Cross.
9. De Gois.
10. Lima.

Frederick

Staff member
I think you came wayyyyyyyyyyy too early...no chance of us getting Lima - way out of our price range.

Yep!

What other players are off contract its normally around this time of year that players become available and reportedly thanks to Wix we have around a $100k to play with. Would be nice to nab a player.

roopy

Referee
We need more love for Joel Edwards.
He probably needs to harden up a bit still, but he is an amazing talent.
Watching him play for Cessnock, he made maybe 50 tackles in 80 minutes including some absolute bell ringers, and he got anyone who ran three yards either side of him - tackles Wicks wouldn't even try to make.
He is decent in attack, the best defensive prop i've seen come through our juniors, has a massive heart and workrate - he just needs to harden up in the gym a bit in the off season to be up to firstgrade strength.

macavity

Referee
1. Jr Burger
2. McManus
3. Sau
4. Doogs
5. Coops
6. Mullo
7. Kids (c)
8. Cross

9. Ike
10. Simmo

11. Houso
12. Zeb

13. Hilder

14. Mark

15. Fuss
16. Wicks

17. Pato

18. Tui

19. Tolar
20. Dodge
21. Marawana
plus the rest

puck it, im calling it. Kids to 7. I havent forgotten how woeful he WAS in the halves, but I think he has matured enough to make a fist of it now. Can't be worse than our other options.

We have if anything too much depth and are missing one or two out and out stars needed to take us to the top.

1. Jr Burger
2. McManus
3. Sau
4. Doogs
5. Coops
6. Mullo
7. Kids (c)
8. Cross
9. Ike
10. Simmo
11. Houso
12. Zeb
13. Hilder

14. Mark
15. Fuss
16. Wicks
17. Pato

18. Tui
19. Tolar
20. Dodge
21. Marawana
plus the rest

puck it, im calling it. Kids to 7. I havent forgotten how woeful he WAS in the halves, but I think he has matured enough to make a fist of it now. Can't be worse than our other options.

We have if anything too much depth and are missing one or two out and out stars needed to take us to the top.

Atleast we'd have great pressure on opposition backs with Gidleys Kick chasers. I'd substitute Evarn for Wicks and Mark to start with Houston back to the bench and thats about right

keeney

First Grade
The gids to halves thing is brought up in the article announcing Mcdonnell's msigning. I think it's a real chance. Although we'd lose more than we gain IMO.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
1. Jr Burger
2. McManus
3. Sau
4. Doogs
5. Coops
6. Mullo
7. Kids (c)
8. Cross
9. Ike
10. Simmo
11. Houso
12. Zeb
13. Hilder

14. Mark
15. Fuss
16. Wicks
17. Pato

18. Tui
19. Tolar
20. Dodge
21. Marawana
plus the rest

In the 2nd half of the year Gidley injected himself from fullback as a half/5/8 during games and he kept braking down attacking plays. The more often he played like a ball player, the worse the team looked. I'd keep him at fullback, but if he had to move I think centre would be more his position. His defence is outstanding and his kick chase and ability to offload would be an asset.