What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's the titan on the Coast

goldcoastnrl

Juniors
Well it looks pretty certian though not not confirmed, the there is a new name for the Gold Coast NRL team.

So It looks like the team will be acall the Titans.

Its a pretty good name and give a good impression, power strength determination.

The colors and the logo will be next I guess...

This is not confirmed but all the reports are heading this way.

goldcoastnrl

Juniors
Yeah I know what you mean...

Some thing needs to be done, though I can see why they chose the colors to start with.

The setting sun on the whole Gold Coast thing I guess.

thanks

aussies1st

Staff member
Not a bad name that. I would like to see thier colours being yellow and white. Maybe a bit of orange.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Titans and Tigers sound similar, but then so does Eagles and Eels. I reckon that name will get the nod.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Titans is a very American, corporate commitee thinking type name.......why not call them the Tomahawks if they want to go in that direction

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Whilst it may be an NFL name
and whilst it may be abreviated into TITS
The name "Titans" is a good one.

Im not good at this kind of history, but from what i recall, the Titans were the most powerful Gods and cousins of the Olympians. Somehow Zues struck down the Titans and procalimed his throne and hence started the Olympian family of the Gods (Zues, Hercluese and so on..... sounds alot like the story line of Bold and the Beutiful).
Anyway I think Zues threw the titans underneath a mountain at the edgs of the world (these mountains were the Hymalayas and the mountains of Afganistan as they thought that these mountain ranges were the edge of the earth) where the Titan gods have never returned.

Please correct me if that story is wrong.......thats just what i remember.
Anyway its a good name. Well suited for a football team in a growing city. It rivals the "Tiger" as the most marketable image in sport

fizman

Bench
The representitive side MANY years ago used to be known as the Gold Coast Vikings.
In terms of colours Brown and Blue go quite well together and could be considered coastal colours.

Nuke

Staff member
Personally, I liked the electric blue with grey, yellow, & purple combination the Gold Coast had when they were the Chargers.

Latest posts