What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Time Taylor Has To Go

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I must have flat out missed that game ... I have no recollection of it at all.

2007 was a rough year for my family, though, so it might have been on a weekend when more dire things were going on.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
You can either move Merrit & Talanoa to Fullback Bring up Simpson or McQueen or maybe give them ago at Fullback we cannot be any worse off Capewell just hasn't got it

capewell isnt that bad. he has been under a tonne of pressure due to the forwards laying down every game. but i think ultimately he has done well

African Monkey

First Grade
Yes I feel that Capewell has made giant strides this year and is definitely worth keeping until Wesser returns one day.
I must have flat out missed that game ... I have no recollection of it at all.

2007 was a rough year for my family, though, so it might have been on a weekend when more dire things were going on.
I don't blame you for not remembering the game. It was a shocker where Brisbane won 8-4 iirc.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
capewell isnt that bad. he has been under a tonne of pressure due to the forwards laying down every game. but i think ultimately he has done well
How bad do you have to be Thurston will kick to him all night then bury him. Remember if you break through & only have Capewell to beat YOU SCORE!

Earl Hickey

Juniors
How bad do you have to be Thurston will kick to him all night then bury him. Remember if you break through & only have Capewell to beat YOU SCORE!

Everytime we lose everyone finds some reason to have a go at the poor kid.He's doing his best but yet we all expect him to play like Billy Slater in a badly beaten team.

I thank god that Luke does'nt read the various souths forums and what many of his so called 'fans' think of him.The kid would probably lose whatever confidence he has left if he read some of the trash.

Why don't you lace the boots Appin?You and the rest of Luke's knockers think you can do a better job.Why not put your money where your mouths are?

As for JT, sorry but I think it's time he left and bring in Lang or Murray.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Where did you pull Hagan wonting to coach an NRl club from?
(which is what im assuming you are saying?)
Im telling you right now Hagan wont be coaching for atleast another 3-5 years.

And should be awarded some medal for "service to rugby league" for it! Friggin' useless.

Galeforce

Bench
if the forwards are not winning the go forward game up , then we are going to have problems. Recent games we have hang in well, last game , we got the pounding we needed to get.do not start picking on capewell at this time, he is not a prop.

again our starting two are NOT a premiership winning props combo. Asotasi with a go forward monster like Bailey or Petro , YES .

Asotasi with Stuart , no way.

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
If they lose tonight, the team will not make the eight. They play the storm in the next game, than a bye, than the knights (unlikely game to win), tigers (should win), panthers , broncos, roosters (should win), bulldogs, sea eagles, titans, panthers, dragons, and the sharks (should win).

You need around 30 points this year to make the eight according to most commentators. We are currently sitting on 13 points. Out of the games listed above, I can only see us winning three, one against the roosters, one against the sharks and one against the tigers. Therefore we should finish around 21 points including the bye under my scenario.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Everytime we lose everyone finds some reason to have a go at the poor kid.He's doing his best but yet we all expect him to play like Billy Slater in a badly beaten team.

I thank god that Luke does'nt read the various souths forums and what many of his so called 'fans' think of him.The kid would probably lose whatever confidence he has left if he read some of the trash.

Why don't you lace the boots Appin?You and the rest of Luke's knockers think you can do a better job.Why not put your money where your mouths are?

As for JT, sorry but I think it's time he left and bring in Lang or Murray.
EH if you picked the team would you have Capewell at Fullback! Is he a better fullback than Merrit or Talanoa (Answer NO).
I'm glad you agree with Lang or Murray that's the way I would go.
South Sydney
State of play: 9th. Early-season form suggested 2009 could be a breakthrough season for the Rabbitohs. But the Bunnies have produced inconsistent performances in the past month to have fans guessing whether they were wrong to believe the hype. The next four weeks may see them topple out of contention or re-establish their top-eight credentials.

Standout player: John Sutton. The classy five-eighth was pushing for State of Origin representation until injury forced him to miss two recent games. Sutton orchestrates many of Souths’ attacks, and he has been a model of consistency in 2009. He's also sound defensively.

Sore point: Colin Best. Last season's Dally M Winger of the Year seems to have left his best form in Canberra. The 30-year-old scored 14 tries last season, but he has only one so far in 2009. He offers plenty of other intangible qualities, but his ability to round off an attacking move was probably the main reason Souths invested so heavily in him.

What they need to do: Resurface immediately. The ship is not sinking - just listing a little. But they need to step up to the plate quickly or their September dreams could be over as early as June.

Prediction: 13th.
Source foxsports.com.au

Last edited:

glory glory

Juniors
Tonight is the lowest point of the season so far. Supposedly our strongest side except for Wesser and they cop an absolute flogging. The Cowboys are a good side especially up there but there is no doubt Souths have got huge problems.
If Simon Woolford's half time report from the sheds is accurate do not expect any improvement soon. Apparently Taylor was happy with the performance but wanted them to get a better completion rate in the second half. FMD completion rates!!!!!! I am not a 1st grade coach but surely there is something more to talk about than stats with that performance.
The season is gone so it is time to make some changes. How about the coach for starters and bring in a some new blood to shake things up. Crocker and Wing are having a go but the rest are not.
After a great start to the season I had high hopes but have now lowered the goals. 1. Avoid the wooden spoon 2. Finish above the Roosters.
Not too much to ask surely.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Tonight is the lowest point of the season so far. Supposedly our strongest side except for Wesser and they cop an absolute flogging. The Cowboys are a good side especially up there but there is no doubt Souths have got huge problems.
If Simon Woolford's half time report from the sheds is accurate do not expect any improvement soon. Apparently Taylor was happy with the performance but wanted them to get a better completion rate in the second half. FMD completion rates!!!!!! I am not a 1st grade coach but surely there is something more to talk about than stats with that performance.
The season is gone so it is time to make some changes. How about the coach for starters and bring in a some new blood to shake things up. Crocker and Wing are having a go but the rest are not.
After a great start to the season I had high hopes but have now lowered the goals. 1. Avoid the wooden spoon 2. Finish above the Roosters.
Not too much to ask surely.
GG Taylor might have been happy with the first half performance but I,m sure the powers to be were not. I'd say Rusty would be on the phone & wanting some explanations & so do the fans it was a sub standard performance they would not have beaten Mascots C grade one up again thats how they must be coached I,m pretty sure we shoud hear something shortly coming out of Redfern because fans & sponsors are sick of this type of performance & it's simply not good enough.

glory glory

Juniors
I hope your right Appin. I think as much as there is a lack of imagination in attack, obviously the most important thing to coach Taylor is that they complete their sets. That's great but what the stats don't show is they made 29 metres in 5 one up runs then put in a sh*t kick of 20 metres at the end of the "completed set".
Surely after tonight something has gotta give.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Egads.

We missed this game (the joys of having a newborn resulted in us taking an opportunistic nap and forgetting to record the game).

Seems like a good one to have missed.

Shocking scoreline ... and I had dare to hope a little since the Bunnies have been pretty good against the Cowboys in the last two seasons.

Not much hope for any improvement for me, as the Eels are likely to get nailed by the Knights. :(

coach

I think as much as there is a lack of imagination in attack

I am not sure that Jason Taylor knows the meaning of playing attacking football. This is his third season as Souths coach and lets take a look at our try scoring record.

2007 71 tries (ave 2.9) 16th
2008 80 tries (ave 3.3) 14th
2009 41 tries (ave 3.6) 8th

Interesting stat is that we averaging 3.6 tries per game this season. But if you take out the 9 tries we scored against the Roosters in R.1 then the average drops to 3.1.

Last edited: