What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary One Step Away from the Dragons!!

chemics

Juniors
Another scenario doing the rounds is that cleary will head back to the panthers as goulds replacement....

Gareth67

First Grade
The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 11m11 minutes ago
BIG story about to break about a BIG NRL coach - within next 48 hours... Remember where u heard it first.

From the mole a few minutes ago.... A lot of people thinking that it's Hasler out Cleary in.
If this happens I will be f**king livid.

Breaking News - Breaking News - Breaking News !

St,George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has had his 2017 contract with the club terminated .

The Joint Venture is pleased to announced the signing of the very successful Russian coach S.Vailesky .

When asked about his intentions with the Dragons Mr. Vailesky said and I quote " sack Widdop , sack Widdop " Asked further about his plans for the team , he said , and I quote "sack Widdop ,sack Widdop "

It soon became quite clear to all and sundry , that they were the only words of English that Mr. Vailesky could speak !

It would appear that the Dragon fans will be in for a number of very lean years indeed .

Last edited:
The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 11m11 minutes ago
BIG story about to break about a BIG NRL coach - within next 48 hours... Remember where u heard it first.

From the mole a few minutes ago.... A lot of people thinking that it's Hasler out Cleary in.
If this happens I will be f**king livid.

Shaky ground for Hasler, but is safe for now.. Mid season there was internal ructions ... He has a lot of dollars tied up in the coaching / training section .. Of course none of these is part of salary cap yet.. I think 'off field' cap was talked about for 2018?. The style of football wasn't the what the fans wanted and he didn't 'get' the Bulldogs culture. Does have good support though of a very influential leader who kept pointing to results versus football style. To be bowled out meekly like they were just reignited the flame.

They say safe for now but on notice...

Not Cleary related .. But story has been around a while so not sure it's a scoop... But then again it's the Mole. Maybe the Mole scoop is that it's being put in the media this weekend.. But I don't think that is a scoop either.

j0nesy

Bench
Most of us agree that the team has not played well under Mary and that it's time for a new coach. But can anyone tell me what Cleary brings to the table and why he should be our coach?

verfive

Juniors
Most of us agree that the team has not played well under Mary and that it's time for a new coach. But can anyone tell me what Cleary brings to the table and why he should be our coach?
That's a good question. Im sure he will be better than Mary, but there are claims that he was not a good communicator with players and that is one of Marys biggest problems. its a credit to the Dragons playing squad that they have continued to put in in spite of the apparent arrogance and lack of tactical ability of the coach. the next coach needs to be a real step up as I believe that we have the makings of a good squad now, and especially with the young guys in the system and under the correct guidance it should become a really competitive team.

denis preston

First Grade

Dude, keep up. His record has been quoted on here a couple of times and it is quite impressive.

BennyV

Referee
Yes, they can. Read the thread bro.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Shaky ground for Hasler, but is safe for now.. Mid season there was internal ructions ... He has a lot of dollars tied up in the coaching / training section .. Of course none of these is part of salary cap yet.. I think 'off field' cap was talked about for 2018?. The style of football wasn't the what the fans wanted and he didn't 'get' the Bulldogs culture. Does have good support though of a very influential leader who kept pointing to results versus football style. To be bowled out meekly like they were just reignited the flame.

They say safe for now but on notice...

Not Cleary related .. But story has been around a while so not sure it's a scoop... But then again it's the Mole. Maybe the Mole scoop is that it's being put in the media this weekend.. But I don't think that is a scoop either.

Just to clarify here mate, the 'scoop' has absolutely nothing to do with Cleary, Hasler or McGregor. It's a sad tale really and all will be revealed this weekend at some point.