What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

possm

Coach
Sounds Bennettesque to me. Hornbag and Deano might be applying St. Wayne's techniques.
Nothing wrong with boring anyway as long as you are winning. Apparently we were 'boring' during Bennett's tenure. I say bring back boring and choking teams out of the contest.

Yes it seems Hornby and Young listened and learned. Price could never comprehend.

Last edited:

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Yes it seems Hornby and Young listened and learned why Price could never comprehend.

Indeed, seems as though Hornby and young were all ears during Bennett's reign, applying his methods in the under 20's.

Here's hoping Mary does the same with the nrl side.

possm

Coach
Indeed, seems as though Hornby and young were all ears during Bennett's reign, applying his methods in the under 20's.

Here's hoping Mary does the same with the nrl side.

At least in the areas of defence, discipline, and commitment to your team mates. In those days players knew their responsibilities and the area of the ruck/field they were responsible for; they could trust in their mates to do their job.

jenninga

First Grade
Sounds Bennettesque to me. Hornbag and Deano might be applying St. Wayne's techniques.
Nothing wrong with boring anyway as long as you are winning. Apparently we were 'boring' during Bennett's tenure. I say bring back boring and choking teams out of the contest.

Hear Hear,but there are many here who love the pretty footy we have been playing under McGregor.Most of the time however we huff and puff with the pretty stuff struggling to score against well drilled sides,and concede the most ridiculously soft tries as well.
I used to love going to a game knowing our side would dominate the opposition .

possm

Coach
Can't bring back a system that you don't have players for the Dragons are weak its pretty easy to see that.

Has Bird actually signed?

Is there a chance our new recruitment officeer can retain him and smooth things over with Moz and Merrin?

gonz

Juniors
Has Bird actually signed?

Is there a chance our new recruitment officeer can retain him and smooth things over with Moz and Merrin?

So really PM has been signed to clean up the mess the grub CEO has caused?

Lethal25

Juniors
Same ppl on the Cronulla forum who claimed Bird was close to signing with the Sharks are now saying all has been sorted with the Dragons and he will be staying put!

Time will tell

possm

Coach
Same ppl on the Cronulla forum who claimed Bird was close to signing with the Sharks are now saying all has been sorted with the Dragons and he will be staying put!

Time will tell

If true, that is great news. Now for extending Morris and getting rid of the dead wood.

Bang

Juniors
Probably explains why saints are cutting Beale
Farrell

I was thinking the same. Bird should start his NRL career in the backs. Hope we can keep him, I know that he has a lot of mistakes in his game at the moment but the skill is undeniable.

Minh

First Grade
Probably explains why saints are cutting Beale
Farrell

I was a big fan of Beale but this seems like the right move, he is no longer the type of player we need. We need a more powerful centre and also Duges back to FB.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I was a big fan of Beale but this seems like the right move, he is no longer the type of player we need. We need a more powerful centre and also Duges back to FB.
agrred, duges needs to go back to FB, we have had the softest fullback this year with Beale and Quincy

Steelman

Juniors
I can say with confidence that at the moment Jack has not signed with any club.

The dragons have now made him a priority signing .

Twenty10

Juniors
Been saying it for ages.. Beale and Farrell were BAD signings.

Centres need to be powerful. Only reason Mary moved Dugan. Because he knows we have Nothing in the centres.

Steelman

Juniors
Cheers jubilee boy. A lot going on behind the scenes at the club Mary is definitely looking to recruit but there are some major problems with current salary cap . Previous recruitment team making some poor decisions and paying way overs for talent.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Cheers jubilee boy. A lot going on behind the scenes at the club Mary is definitely looking to recruit but there are some major problems with current salary cap . Previous recruitment team making some poor decisions and paying way overs for talent.

Is bmoz gone?

Latest posts