What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

nrlnrl

First Grade
Cheers jubilee boy. A lot going on behind the scenes at the club Mary is definitely looking to recruit but there are some major problems with current salary cap . Previous recruitment team making some poor decisions and paying way overs for talent.

yeah, that was the problem of having a rookie coach & the club acting like desperate guys at the end of the night - take anything, but pay the price later ( pun intended )

nrlnrl

First Grade
I can say with confidence that at the moment Jack has not signed with any club.

The dragons have now made him a priority signing .

Yeah, I remember that you have good "inside info" re Jack Bird. His Twitter account seemed to indicate things had turned with an entry along the lines of "confident one minute, confused the next".

There are plenty of fans of his talent on here & you only have to see guys like Walker, Auva'a & Johnston succeeding at Souths ( just one club as an example ) to realise the younger players can be given a go without destroying their future.

BennyV

Referee
Cheers jubilee boy. A lot going on behind the scenes at the club Mary is definitely looking to recruit but there are some major problems with current salary cap . Previous recruitment team making some poor decisions and paying way overs for talent.

Playing fast and loose with that term...

jenninga

First Grade
Been saying it for ages.. Beale and Farrell were BAD signings.

Centres need to be powerful. Only reason Mary moved Dugan. Because he knows we have Nothing in the centres.

This is exactly right,hopefully Beale and Farrell will be moved on,Duges back to fullback and we can snag a hard head centre.

jenninga

First Grade
Cheers jubilee boy. A lot going on behind the scenes at the club Mary is definitely looking to recruit but there are some major problems with current salary cap . Previous recruitment team making some poor decisions and paying way overs for talent.[/QUOTE]

Talent's not the word.

Cruisin_Dugan

Juniors
Jack is playing very well at centre today. He said on twitter his back row days are over so hopefully it a move requested by Mary b4 signing him up to be our long term Right centre with Duges back to FB. That okay to score off his own kick was class!

TruSaint

Referee
He looks sharp today, breaking tackles, hitting the line and some smart kicks.
I didnt think he was this good.
Our Captain ,is having a wow of a game.

Cruisin_Dugan

Juniors
I don't think he has the speed to play center at nrl level is and always has been a ball player.

Another great solo try!

He may not be speedster, but he reminds me of Blake Austin, or Tyrone Peachey, not the biggest not the fastest but just seems to have that ability to beat defenders with ease. Can play anywhere bar front row... He's a must re-sign!!

Agree regarding Fonua-Blake he is too good for this grade. Cutters next season with some 1st grade experience throughout the season I hope..

Why they don't give the ball to Izaac Thompson more often I don't know.. He is a monster!

Steelman

Juniors
I would likel to see Mary use him off bench as a hooker. Reads the game well has great hands and passing game can kick in general play and is a solid D. Oh did I mention he kicks goals as well.

Latest posts