What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

BennyV

Referee
I would likel to see Mary use him off bench as a hooker. Reads the game well has great hands and passing game can kick in general play and is a solid D. Oh did I mention he kicks goals as well.

How is he passing from the ground though? You've also just described Stanley but he is no good as a hooker due to being slow off the mark and slow with his delivery from dummy half.

giboz71

First Grade
There is some talent in this side. As long as there is a pathway to FG for the better players like the Bunnies and Tigers, then the future is bright.

All in theory of course, up to the powers that be to make it happen.

TheRev

Coach
I would likel to see Mary use him off bench as a hooker. Reads the game well has great hands and passing game can kick in general play and is a solid D. Oh did I mention he kicks goals as well.
Great to see you back Steelman, and yar I think he is talented in enough areas to cover virtually any backline position (which has virtually been the case in recent weeks), just I think out of the forwards for a few years till he grows some more.

However none of this really matters if hes signed with the Sharks.

TruSaint

Referee
Nice...wish I could see it. Don't have Fox/Austar anymore, just the NRL app.
Great result for our up and coming boys. That Newcastle team is a gun side.
Sorry....am being too positive :D

No mate. Young boys have a future that is bright... if we can keep em lol.

TruSaint

Referee
Nice...wish I could see it. Don't have Fox/Austar anymore, just the NRL app.
Great result for our up and coming boys. That Newcastle team is a gun side.
Sorry....am being too positive :D

Have to tried Tronsmart ?
Any sporting event in the world, latest movie release ( ie at ciinemas now ), and global networks.
As long as you have a fast internet service, and ample download space from your ISP, this thing is a gun.
A mate of mine has it around the corner, as he disconnected fox. Piece of cake to install, one off fee ( circa 180.00 ), and no monthly fees at all. The key. Fast IPS.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Have to tried Tronsmart ?
Any sporting event in the world, latest movie release ( ie at ciinemas now ), and global networks.
As long as you have a fast internet service, and ample download space from your ISP, this thing is a gun.
A mate of mine has it around the corner, as he disconnected fox. Piece of cake to install, one off fee ( circa 180.00 ), and no monthly fees at all. The key. Fast IPS.

Thanks mate. Got a few ideas for next years viewing.
Another thread altogether. Cheers

hewi

Bench
Just back from the game . Bird, Crook and Dufty were the stars for me. I have to say they appear to be a very well drilled and coached side. All in all I was very impressed, Newcastle are no slouches.

TruSaint

Referee
Just back from the game . Bird, Crook and Dufty were the stars for me. I have to say they appear to be a very well drilled and coached side. All in all I was very impressed, Newcastle are no slouches.

What did you think out there of our Captain ?
He looked very potent on the screen.

Soul Dragon

Juniors
By far Birds best game that I've seen and he seemed a class above which is a big wrap given they played the minor premiers. I think he'd make a good utility next year for NRL with his strength and confidence being assets and I don't have any concerns of him passing from the ground, my only concern is he is a risk taker so he'll have great days then average days. We definitely need to lock him away for a few years.

Fonua-Blake is just the type of prop we need coming thru, powerful and plenty of mongrel and just needs to get involved a bit more often.

Dufty is probably another season away from NRL but he will definitely get there, reminds me very much of Tomkins.

Clune had a good game as well and continues to impress me with his composure.

Thompson on the wing reminds me of Radradra and IMO is physically ready for NRL now, might find his way into the backrow at some point in his career.

I was at the game live last weekend and it was great the boys turned it around this week but Newcastle gave away so many stupid penalties so we need to lift even more if we play them again.

Soul Dragon

Juniors

They look slicker than our NRL side!

What did you think out there of our Captain ?
He looked very potent on the screen.

I agree but I thought he needs to get involved more as when he does its all good work and bends the line and offloads

_Johnsy

Referee
Bird had a blinder, he was far and away the best player today.

The blondish haired prop from newwy also had a strong game.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
This all sounds promising. Hopefully with mulholand there now, a clear pathway from under 20s to nrl will be established. We haven't had that since brown was coach.

hewi

Bench
I didn't want to say that they looked better coached than the the top side, but yes they do. Very slick. No running into each other , no passing behind someone or to no one at all. Bodies in motion, angle of attack varied, very impressed. I don't know all the names but there are some big units in that team.

saintm

Juniors
Bird and Dufty were our best. Hope the Club gives them opportunities in 2015.

Agreed I was also at the game and I think it was Jack Bird's best game for the year. The whole side played well. I thought Stowers, Fonua-Blake and Dufty were all very good as well.
The side played very clinical football and made a lot less errors than last week - I believe this was the difference.

Great win for the boys considering Newcastle had their NRL players back. Who I don't think stood out at all.

Latest posts