What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

BennyV

Referee
It appears to me you are putting too much trust in the decision making of the coaching staff.

Not really, it just seems like this was Jacks decision, not ours. And history shows that those kinds of decisions have come back to bite young players in the ass.

george43

Juniors
Not really, it just seems like this was Jacks decision, not ours. And history shows that those kinds of decisions have come back to bite young players in the ass.

Jack Bird is not ego driven, and many factors come into account when reaching a decision

He has talent but is to small and the one game he did play in the NSW Cup he got monstered he certainly needs to beef up.

He is for NRL standard I guess his illness hasn't helped the situation he'll get there in time if he wants to go so be it.

george he isn't a fullback just because he got thrown in for one game doesn't mean he is one then again Mary is the coach lol.

nrlnrl

First Grade
If he goes to the Sharks ( which seems likely ) & is successful there, it doesn't mean he would've made it at the Dragons. He might suit their needs in a certain position & receive opportunities in that role that he wouldn't have at the Dragons. Maybe they could use him at 5/8 ?

The Dragons seem to be more reluctant than most other clubs at giving players a go when they're under 20, but his best chance in the current squad & next year would appear to be in the mix as a bench backrower. ( depending on who is retained & players that are signed from other clubs ).

I have seen him plenty of other times to know how he plays and you do realise he's in the SR this week as Dufty is the main fullback in the NYC.

bottle

Coach
so you didn't see the game

In all seriousness what has that got to do with anything?
I didn't see the game. Did he have a blinder as fullback? Are you implying that is his optimal position? Is that why he is heading to the Sharks?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. You post as though you have a great deal of knowledge about Jack, so tell us straight.

What coast says has merit, one good game in a given position doesn't necessarily equate to a great future there. We all remember BMoz's debut game at fullback. Blitzed it. Didn't last long though.

This line of discussion seems a bit circular. What's the point of it? Is it that Jack is joining the Sharks as a fullback? If not it seems a bit of a waste of time.

george43

Juniors
In all seriousness what has that got to do with anything?
I didn't see the game. Did he have a blinder as fullback? Are you implying that is his optimal position? Is that why he is heading to the Sharks?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. You post as though you have a great deal of knowledge about Jack, so tell us straight.

What coast says has merit, one good game in a given position doesn't necessarily equate to a great future there. We all remember BMoz's debut game at fullback. Blitzed it. Didn't last long though.

This line of discussion seems a bit circular. What's the point of it? Is it that Jack is joining the Sharks as a fullback? If not it seems a bit of a waste of time.

yes he had a blinder and its his long term position in my view. im just a fan

Latest posts