What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

Mojo

Bench
Mid table?

The point is that for many years we have been below mid table. Basically ordinary to mediocre.

This is the first time in probably a decade we have some real depth.

This year we will make the 8. That’s mid table.

The target is top 4 every year. That must be the standard.
16 teams in the comp, so top 8 = wins more than half the games, bottom 8 = less than half. I expect the team I support to perform better than average. IMO the only standards are to win every game and to win the competition. Unrealistic of course, but there can‘t be any other standards. Every team should be genuinely focused on being the best team in the competition.

BLM01

First Grade
If we've offered $650K for Bird then I am pissed off. He is not worth that sort of money and in my opinion is not an elite player in any position. He is only a serviceable first grader and has injury and health issues which mean the club may be left carrying an expensive player on the sideline.

I may be wrong but Kikau was something like $800K and Niukore was $650K, these would have been much better options for secondrow. I think we got Sua for $600K, why would you pay Bird $650K with his history to play secondrow, a position where he is pretty green in first grade and so far has not demonstrated the defence or the hard carries you expect from a second rower.
Dont be pissed off, it might of been 600K or 550K, but it was reported 600-650 so believe what you want. Anyway we supposedly withdrew it so you should be happy
BTW. Kikau is not worth 800K either, I would be pissed of with that
But I also think Bird is worth what we offered as his efforts and will to win are infectious and noticeable in the team and I thought he did Ok out wide last year when had a few games in the backrow,
He has a good offload when breaking a tackle and chases the ball around the park.
I think he will be much fitter and have a better year than last year assuming no injury so worthy of the money.
We will see who is right or wrong.

Yow

Juniors
It just looks like his manager is doing his job. Nothing to get worked up over. I’m pretty sure we won’t pay overs if we sign him. Hook has demonstrated that repeatedly since he has joined us.
Jack has been able to look else where since 1st Nov so its not as this has started this week. Parra lost some players for 2023 because of salary cap will they be in a position to throw dollars at Bird .Last Sunday night didnt dill rothfield say we might loose Lawrie 2 days later he has extended .

possm

Coach
Dont be pissed off, it might of been 600K or 550K, but it was reported 600-650 so believe what you want. Anyway we supposedly withdrew it so you should be happy
BTW. Kikau is not worth 800K either, I would be pissed of with that
But I also think Bird is worth what we offered as his efforts and will to win are infectious and noticeable in the team and I thought he did Ok out wide last year when had a few games in the backrow,
He has a good offload when breaking a tackle and chases the ball around the park.
I think he will be much fitter and have a better year than last year assuming no injury so worthy of the money.
We will see who is right or wrong.
Bird at approx. 600k and Sims at approx. 800k = 1.4m; that's a good sum of additional salary cap to work with.

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
I can’t criticise too much players like Bird and McInnes taking the money. They are all potentially one week from a career ending injury. I don’t like it but I can see it from that perspective.

What I am wondering though, is if the return of Flanagan will influence Bird. Didn’t they have a close bond during their Cronulla days?

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Well he’s an arm grabber and misses a few too many tackles to be on the big $$$ some think he’s worth
After seeing him tonight he doesn't make the 17 IMO, I reckon Mbye has more to offer as a bench utility and surely he isn't the best or second best second rower or best lock at the club currently.

Coffs dragon

Bench
After seeing him tonight he doesn't make the 17 IMO, I reckon Mbye has more to offer as a bench utility and surely he isn't the best or second best second rower or best lock at the club currently.
I have to agree. He certainly is not going to replace De Belin, Sims, Su’a or Jack Gojetski.
He will be a handy back up for injury cover at this stage.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Last year I think Bird played well as anyone could in a beaten pack of forwards. This year we have a pack that is big, experienced and won’t be so easily dominated. I think Bird along with JDB will thrive in this pack with Burgess, Woods, Molo & Su’A who will add some real starch to this pack. I also believe Hunt will be in the elite category behind this pack.

Latest posts