What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

Coffs dragon

Bench
Bird story coming up on Ch9 news
I would have been more impressed if he talked about Norm Provan and the legendary legacy he forged with the Dragons.
Instead, it all seems to be about Jack and getting a better deal.
To say he was disappointed with the management of the club was not the right time or place to voice that opinion.
Him and Ben Hunt were there at Kogarah representing the current team under the Provan plaque.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors

Just watched the above Jack Bird/Weidler interview on Nine's WWOS website. He states that he was disappointed the first offer was removed in short time but contrary to Nine's headline he does not say there is no current deal, just saying he hopes a deal is done in the next few weeks.

In any case it's a Weidler interview. In my opinion Weidler is not a proper journalist, just a gossip merchant.

Just watched the above Jack Bird/Weidler interview on Nine's WWOS website. He states that he was disappointed the first offer was removed in short time but contrary to Nine's headline he does not say there is no current deal, just saying he hopes a deal is done in the next few weeks.

In any case it's a Weidler interview. In my opinion Weidler is not a proper journalist, just a gossip merchant.
Weidler is a germ.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
The Truth is no one is really interested to sign him up more than the 550k, too risky and no hes is not an elite , he is in the good player bracket, but to think your going to get 800k again , forget it

Mojo

Bench
Endless talk about contracts, who's in and who's out. Just play good footy guys and make the money chase you. Instead of focusing on their price tag they need to focus on the value of their service. That's the part they have control over.
Equally, journos should stop focusing on gossip stories and produce some quality journalism instead. For example, there's some great story angles around the Norm Provan legacy. Gazing blankly at poster and then asking Bird a Dorothy Dixer about his negotiations ... m'eh.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Endless talk about contracts, who's in and who's out. Just play good footy guys and make the money chase you. Instead of focusing on their price tag they need to focus on the value of their service. That's the part they have control over.
Equally, journos should stop focusing on gossip stories and produce some quality journalism instead. For example, there's some great story angles around the Norm Provan legacy. Gazing blankly at poster and then asking Bird a Dorothy Dixer about his negotiations ... m'eh.
It’s a circus isn’t it? Fuelled by media looking for clicks on headlines. Just play football and negotiate contracts behind closed doors, fans don’t want to know about it until off-season.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It's good the Dragons let him shop around as he ended up finding out what the Dragons offered was what everyone else valued him at. Smart move. Saints will now get him for maybe an extra 50k a year on top of what they valued him at. I hope he stays. Plays with heart and on his day is a joy to watch.

redv13

Bench
It's good the Dragons let him shop around as he ended up finding out what the Dragons offered was what everyone else valued him at. Smart move. Saints will now get him for maybe an extra 50k a year on top of what they valued him at. I hope he stays. Plays with heart and on his day is a joy to watch.
Read an article the other day where Bird said he wants to stay and hopefully things will be sorted out in the next few weeks

Yow

Juniors
Media are so full of crap the would prefer to make up things that might happen next year or year after than spend time writing about the game next week

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
my hunch is that no more has been offered at any other club for Bird.

But given his two ACLs recons and given that no athlete that I am aware has ever returned for long after a third.......we may have offered a base plus extra match payment $.... which he might NOT like at all.

plus he is desperate for a third year which no club in their right mind could offer.

I havent even heard of any pro athlete return professionally to game day after a 3rd ACL recon

If it has happened it is so rare and the likely hood of a third recon is extremely high

The meniscus and cartilage degeneration after 2 ACL recons is dramatic enough when playing training at an elite sport level and leads to less stability and more complications

Last edited:

HenryTatana

Juniors
Did anyone see Jack at the game yesterday?

If so, was his leg still in a brace (per channel 7 news footage early last week), or arm in a sling (per reports that his arm was the reason he was in doubt for yesterday's game)?

BLM01

First Grade
Did anyone see Jack at the game yesterday?

If so, was his leg still in a brace (per channel 7 news footage early last week), or arm in a sling (per reports that his arm was the reason he was in doubt for yesterday's game)?
It was a bit of soreness in his knee that kept him out.
He would of played if not for that, even if his arm was not 100% but to Hook's credit he erred on the side well your not 100%..so come in next week

Latest posts