What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

possm

Coach
Has Bird signed a new deal with Saints? To me, he seems the type of player Bennett would sign for a two year deal.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Bird has indicated he does not want to go to Ald.
That does not mean he will stay with us.
They say the issue is he wants a 3yr deal and the Dragons have only put up a 2yr deal.
Still pending

Dragon David

First Grade
Well goodbye Birdie .....
Why can't players like Bird show a little loyalty to the club. He hadn't played much up north because of all the injuries he suffered and we signed him up when no other club showed any real interest in him. We offer him another two years on a reasonable amount of coin but he wants three years. I don't think there is another club willing to sign him up for that length of time because if he breaks down say in his first year, the club won't get their money's worth and he could be sidelined indefinitely. We have taken a gamble on him and he should be grateful.

He is an OK player but injuries will be a big factor wherever he ends up.

BLM01

First Grade
Why can't players like Bird show a little loyalty to the club. He hadn't played much up north because of all the injuries he suffered and we signed him up when no other club showed any real interest in him. We offer him another two years on a reasonable amount of coin but he wants three years. I don't think there is another club willing to sign him up for that length of time because if he breaks down say in his first year, the club won't get their money's worth and he could be sidelined indefinitely. We have taken a gamble on him and he should be grateful.

He is an OK player but injuries will be a big factor wherever he ends up.
Stop with all the drama. The deal is done. He will sign with the Dragons

Dragon David

First Grade
Not sure why some fans think Bird should re-sign with us out of "loyalty", when these same fans would kick Bird out in a heart beat if it meant we could get Munster of Papenhuyzen instead.
When there is absolutely no chance of players in the names of Munster and Papenhuyzen joining us, then I think that loyalty plays a big part in the club a player, such as Bird, signs up with.

If there had been whispers of big signings, they would only be just that and they come from dreams. The club has learnt it's lesson on high price payments just to get a footballer to the club and I don't think they will go down that path, particularly if we have young guns coming through.

I think loyalty is a major part of what makes a player perform better.

The_Frog

First Grade
Not sure why some fans think Bird should re-sign with us out of "loyalty", when these same fans would kick Bird out in a heart beat if it meant we could get Munster of Papenhuyzen instead.
Can hardly blame them for that.

However, I reckon our coach at the Riff would forego a testicle to have someone like Jack wearing our 14. Completely out of our price range though.

Latest posts