What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

I'm Sorry, Missed Jackson

• Total voters

Father Ted

First Grade
Well it's like this Denis ..Yes .. For two reasons
1 if other teams think he's worth that much he probably is.
2 If you calculate the current value of our teams performance in dollars we probably would 3 mill back in refunds for non performance.

Just saw it announced on Monday Night whatever with Matt Johns and he said that young attacking machine Jackson Hastings has been pilfered from your great clubs by the Roosters! *gasp* How do you feel about that Steelers fans?

Thanks Scoop.

Fingerbang

Bench
Karl Filiga ring a bell, Father?

Stupid money for someone who may not even make it in NRL, ala Beau Henry

saint.nick

Coach
@Fingerbang- the accumulation of misfortunes this year that have been allowed to happen has only made the reaction to this news outraged. This is drama queen central, because the position the club is in could have been easily avoidable, and we are rightly frustrated about it. Additionally, Saints fans seem to be the most abundant on this website, and we are also notoriously the most demanding.

Father Ted

First Grade
Fingerbang our whole squad isn't worth 3 mill of a 5 mill salary cap at the moment . Yep sure does but he ain't him. BTW who is our half next year? At this point vs Fein and Stanley. Beau Henry looks rather appealing..

saint.nick

Coach
Yes it does seem amazing, but then I noticed its mainly threads about the same things!
At least 3 threads about this same topic lo, seems every dragons fan Wants to start a thread about every topic :sarcasm:

It's funny when you see in brackets for example, '6 viewing' next to the sharks forum', '20 viewing' next to the dogs, '250 viewing' next to the dragons. I always sit there and think 'well that escalated quickly'. The shit state the club has been in recently has actually encouraged threads, as there's more to talk about. When you're winning, there's actually less to talk about, due to less existing problems I guess.

stg666

Juniors
how is peter doust supposed to guarantee a players signature. with nick pappas in one ear and his old man in the other we stood no chance , but it must be peter dousts fault , right ? he may also be responsible for global warming .

FlameThrower

Bench
@Fingerbang- the accumulation of misfortunes this year that have been allowed to happen has only made the reaction to this news outraged. This is drama queen central, because the position the club is in could have been easily avoidable, and we are rightly frustrated about it. Additionally, Saints fans seem to be the most abundant on this website, and we are also notoriously the most demanding.

Quick, get your ute, a cross and head out to the Taj!!!!!

nrlnrl

First Grade
Let's relax & not stress about it.

He has potential, but like others have said, there's no guarantee he'll be a star in the NRL or even a regular first grader.

Sure he looks like a standout with his skills who'll only get better as he matures, but he'll need some luck with injury & a good dose of patience to wait for his chance in the NRL. I'm sure the Roosters will have a plan for his future, but his mental approach will also be a factor. The Roosters have the current NSW halves, a rising star in Tuivasa-Sheck being touted as Minichiello's replacement & one of the most consistent hookers ( Friend ) in the NRL, plus a good utility in Mortimer.

Who knows how his career would have unfolded at the Dragons ? He seemed destined to play for the Roosters, so I don't think Doust is to blame. No hard feelings from me, I hope he makes the most of his ability. It's impossible to keep all the promising juniors, but let's hope some of the other young stars like Bird, Atiken, Hutchinson & Crook progress to the NRL & form the nucleus of successful Dragons teams of the next decade.

TheRev

Coach
Roosters definitely cant afford to throw more money at him than we could.. and they even have a young 5/8 who played in that Tonga/Samoa game too.. and was supposed to be the origin standby before they let SBW do it..

Ppl keep saying "we cant keep them all" its rubbish, there isnt a whole lot coming through as a genuine young half... a coupkle of fullbacks.. but Hastings could have been fast-tracked and there mid 2014 or 2015... we lost him because were not a very appealing club right now, in a dating war between Politis and our boys Doust/Young, we got found wanting.

Roosters definitely cant afford to throw more money at him than we could.. and they even have a young 5/8 who played in that Tonga/Samoa game too.. and was supposed to be the origin standby before they let SBW do it..

Ppl keep saying "we cant keep them all" its rubbish, there isnt a whole lot coming through as a genuine young half... a coupkle of fullbacks.. but Hastings could have been fast-tracked and there mid 2014 or 2015... we lost him because were not a very appealing club right now, in a dating war between Politis and our boys Doust/Young, we got found wanting.

The bigger issue is whether there really is a strategic plan concerning recruitment. And whether we are an attractive alternative, now and in the medium term (3 years).

The reason why ppl on this forum are such 'Drama Queens' because Jackson Hasting leaving is further evidence that we are probably falling further in decline - and we just want to see evidence that that is being arrested.

And we still don't have a halfback lined up.

Latest posts