What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

I'm Sorry, Missed Jackson

• Total voters

Fire

First Grade
Fire

Have no info about Bird at this stage I do know Jack bleeds red and white he loves playing with his mates.

Both Hastings and Bird want to play together so I'm hoping it's with the dragons.

If I hear anything will post......

No probs. Thanks mate.

SilentAssassin

Juniors

BennyV

Referee
He probably had a bit to do with the rule changes. Barely heard of him since.

Did that rule come into play last year? Because there have been loads of players making their debut before 18 - Chris Lawrence springs to mind, Jason Taumalolo, Israel Folau, methinks one of the Stanley boys debuted early...

Although I dont really take Courier Mail as gospel either...

BennyV

Referee
Mentioned in Jubilee Ave - apparently you can play if you turn 17 that year (again, not as if JA can be taken as gospel!)

Not sure what the deal with Moga was...

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Did that rule come into play last year? Because there have been loads of players making their debut before 18 - Chris Lawrence springs to mind, Jason Taumalolo, Israel Folau, methinks one of the Stanley boys debuted early...

Although I dont really take Courier Mail as gospel either...

They changed the rule in the 2011 season. All of the players you mentioned made their debut before 2011. Taumalolo made his in 2010 aged 17.

RedV_J

Juniors
I hope that Quinlan makes the most of his chance at 5/8 (I think he will) and then we won't have to play Drinkwater. He doesn't get along or fit in at all with the squad.

BennyV

Referee
I hope that Quinlan makes the most of his chance at 5/8 (I think he will) and then we won't have to play Drinkwater. He doesn't get along or fit in at all with the squad.

It's more of a 'if we lose Fien...' scenario because there is noone else who can play halfback - Quinlan will do very well at 5/8 (IMO) but he is a ball runner with a decent pass, he isn't an organiser or ball-player.

RedV_J

Juniors
He can ball play, but better off leaving the organising to Fien. Hopefully tonight he can get some good ball and utilise his speed. He will be 100 times more exciting than Chase Stanley

Fingerbang

Bench
Damien Cook is an ex halfback....if anything happened to Fien, he wouldn't let us down. Better option than the Helensburgh reserve grade fullback, Drinkwater.

TheRev

Coach
Theres a bunch of blokes who were potential halves, we will know more next week when we see who is named at #7 for the Cutters.

Most young hookers were halves too, Cook is a prime example, smart nippy, hes not my personal favourite to develop in that position though, I dont see anything x-factor about him, but I think he would be solid enough if they wanted to pursue him.

Hastings however would be left field and why the hell not give him a run in the cutters, whats to lose while we have these injuries.

TheRev

Coach
Seen on twitter Hastings going to reject roosters offer to stay at the dragons
I reckon hes been giving the red carpet, straight to the cutters to cover Harry's injury, and could potentially be in 1st grade a few years faster than at the Roosters.

Anyway hope its true, give the kid a crack, but this tbh means a couple need to go, probably Harry, DW & either Quinlan or Kyle id reckon.

Latest posts