What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

I'm Sorry, Missed Jackson

• Total voters

jenninga

First Grade
+1
seems to be the trend now with player managers :(

Player managers are parasites,scum and i have no respect for them at all.
Instead of just negotiating deals between players and clubs,they have become far more involved than they should,handling players finances ,behaviour problemsetc.
They should never be seen or heard of in the media.

And also don't forget it was'nt all beer and skittles for Horrie he had a running battle with one Kevin Junee for first grade for those with good memories..

I beg to differ there, Father...

Horrie was late seventies/early eighties, while Junee was late sixties/early seventies. Their playing careers didn't overlap.

It's my recollection that Junee had a rivalry with Johnny Mayes for the Roosters half back spot. They alternated between Easts and Manly for a few years there.

Father Ted

First Grade
I beg to differ there, Father...

Horrie was late seventies/early eighties, while Junee was late sixties/early seventies. Their playing careers didn't overlap.

It's my recollection that Junee had a rivalry with Johnny Mayes for the Roosters half back spot. They alternated between Easts and Manly for a few years there.

Mea Culpa I'll take you're word for it ..I was sure it was Hastings and Junee. I'll just have to increase my prescription drug use :crazy:

Father Ted

First Grade
Can I just ask - if his surname wasn't Hastings, would anyone have noticed him yet?

The answer is yes. Me .. And his last name means nothing to me .. It's the talent and the position of halfback of which we have royally sucked for most of the last twenty years

BennyV

Referee
The answer is yes. Me .. And his last name means nothing to me .. It's the talent and the position of halfback of which we have royally sucked for most of the last twenty years

Well not knowing you Fr, I'll have to take your word for it - for majority of people, I find it hard to believe that if he wasn't a Hastings, they wouldnt have taken as much notice of a highly-talented half, and certainly would be youtubing 'How to tie a noose' at the thought of losing said half if it wasnt a famous surname...

Mea Culpa I'll take you're word for it ..I was sure it was Hastings and Junee. I'll just have to increase my prescription drug use :crazy:

LOL
Anyway, looks like we're both kinda half-right on this one - if you believe Wiki that is..

"Premiership success was one of the few things that eluded Junee throughout his career. The closest he came was in 1972 when he was a member of the Eastern Suburbs side that was defeated by Manly Warringah in that year's Grand Final - 19 points to 14. The international halfback left Easts to join Manly in 1974 after a player swap brought his former halfback rival at Easts, Johnny Mayes back to the club. Ironically, that year Eastern Suburbs won their first premiership since 1945 and won again in 1975, losing only three games all season. To rub salt into these wounds, Mayes had just won a premiership with Manly in 1973 and was part of these two premiership winning sides. Junee returned to Easts for his final season in 1976, displacing Mayes at halfback before the emergence of an up-and-coming Kevin Hastings."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Junee

Father Ted

First Grade
LOL
Anyway, looks like we're both kinda half-right on this one - if you believe Wiki that is..

"Premiership success was one of the few things that eluded Junee throughout his career. The closest he came was in 1972 when he was a member of the Eastern Suburbs side that was defeated by Manly Warringah in that year's Grand Final - 19 points to 14. The international halfback left Easts to join Manly in 1974 after a player swap brought his former halfback rival at Easts, Johnny Mayes back to the club. Ironically, that year Eastern Suburbs won their first premiership since 1945 and won again in 1975, losing only three games all season. To rub salt into these wounds, Mayes had just won a premiership with Manly in 1973 and was part of these two premiership winning sides. Junee returned to Easts for his final season in 1976, displacing Mayes at halfback before the emergence of an up-and-coming Kevin Hastings."

I used to work with John Brass's sister in the dept of defence the year we lost 38 blot .. Sigh!!! it was long hard summer in 75/76 ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Junee

hermidale1

Juniors
All of the Jackson Hastings talk has gone very quiet. Has anything happened?
last thing I heard he had signed with the Roosters, which Mathew Johns stated, then he had to ring and apologise for saying this as nothing had been signed at all.

Steelman

Juniors
Dragons r doing all they can to retain Hastings from what I 've heard his still to make a decision between us and the Roosters. Dragons want to add Hastings to their top 25 from 2014 so I guess at this stage no news is good news from the red v side of thing's. Fingers crossed..

Ribs

Bench
Why would we consider continuing the development of a player that signed elsewhere?

I'd be happy to see him rot on the bench for Helensburgh.

Saint Anger

Juniors
It just won't be "Dragons footy" if we start playing halfbacks....at halfback.

but yeah it would be nice to keep Hastings.

Fire

First Grade
Steelman,

Do you have any inside info on the club's plans for Jack Bird please?

Steelman

Juniors
Steelman,

Do you have any inside info on the club's plans for Jack Bird please?

Fire

Have no info about Bird at this stage I do know Jack bleeds red and white he loves playing with his mates.

Both Hastings and Bird want to play together so I'm hoping it's with the dragons.

If I hear anything will post......

Latest posts