What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

I'm Sorry, Missed Jackson

• Total voters

stg666

Juniors
buy him a house , whatever it takes to keep him . am i misreading things here or are we fast tracking young horrie for the near future . he must be playing against some very big boppers in the 20s , so when is the earliest we could get him into the top squad . i haven't seen any footage of him play so can anyone enlighten me as to his ability and when is the time presuming he stays with us .

goggles

Juniors
Off topic, but:
It's an embarrassment to the NRL that Peter O'Sullivan is still involved in the game in any capacity. As one of the key players, an architect even, in the Melbourne cap cheating disgrace, he should be in exile with Waldron.
Well said Godz! The fact that he ended up Schubert's old club to carry on makes it even worse...

Steelman

Juniors
Would be a tragedy to lose such a good young half prospect like Jackson to the roosters surely doust will not allow this to happen and sign him long term. And while hes at it sign Jack Bird skilful rangey 5/8 come lock much like john sutton but way more talented also DJ Harriss hard running center winger and goal kicker both kids currently playing 18S for Illawarra. Come on doust sign our own juniors long term before some else does

Father Ted

First Grade
I recall Father Ted making a ton of posts in early 2012 about Jackson Hastings. He was virtually screaming from the roof tops that we should lock him up asap.

Father even had a nickname picked out for him, "Battle".

18 months later and we still haven't signed him.

You can lead tired and emotional to water but you can't make him think. Grand finals are won with top class halfbacks like Battle and they are hard to get . Our board moves very slowly. Other boards don't . 18 months and not signed ..Now we seem to have scrapped the no dick head policy as well as the grow you're own.. Panic or Planning?

BTW We have three gun young hookers . Rein, King and Garvey ..Does three go into two? If not who goes ?

Hope you're well Willow see you at Burleigh one day...

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
You can lead tired and emotional to water but you can't make him think. Grand finals are won with top class halfbacks like Battle and they are hard to get . Our board moves very slowly. Other boards don't . 18 months and not signed ..Now we seem to have scrapped the no dick head policy as well as the grow you're own.. Panic or Planning?

BTW We have three gun young hookers . Rein, King and Garvey ..Does three go into two? If not who goes ?

Hope you're well Willow sink a few coldies at Burleigh for me...

Rein close to re-signing, so King is the one to go or become a utility player. That's not a stretch as I think he played 5/8 & lock as a junior ?

Louiethefly

Juniors
Rein close to re-signing, so King is the one to go or become a utility player. That's not a stretch as I think he played 5/8 & lock as a junior ?

That would be stupid in my opinion, Garvey is a lot more similar to Rein than he is to King in my opinion (although a better prospect than Rein). King has a good short kicking game, a solid long kicking game, can kick goals and has the best passing game out of the three. Garvey and Rein seem more like ball runners to me, I think the best long term solution would be 9. King and 14. Rein/Garvey.

nrlnrl

First Grade
That would be stupid in my opinion, Garvey is a lot more similar to Rein than he is to King in my opinion (although a better prospect than Rein). King has a good short kicking game, a solid long kicking game, can kick goals and has the best passing game out of the three. Garvey and Rein seem more like ball runners to me, I think the best long term solution would be 9. King and 14. Rein/Garvey.

Fair enough, but Rein has the NRL experience & even though his form has been a bit off lately ( he's said that's due to contract talks which is understandable ) he deserves to be the number one choice. My point was that King has played other positions before & might find it easier. Yeah, agree re his kicking game & have seen him kick goals from the sideline in junior footy & Under 20's. However, he might receive an offer from another club where it's easier for him to play hooker.

Anyway, this is way OT.

watatank

Coach
King can play other positions but he's not going to. Another club will just pick him up. Bennett has already tried once, he will do it again and I'm sure other clubs will try as well.

Minh

First Grade
I think Triple H pedigree can take care of the likes of Mario Mancini.

Minh

First Grade
But not Hulk Hogan because of the adrenaline it kicks in hard.:lol:

W.Smith

Juniors
been following Jackson for a while now thru the Illawarra Mercury and he was featured nearly every week this year during the Junior Reps as th Mercury does a local junior sport roundup midweek and usually whenever they wrote about Jacks team he was the main story Lol

so my daughter and i walk into Kogarah on Monday nite and the 20's have been going about 5 minutes when i spotted him in Number 20 and start wrappin' him to my kid - "i love this Hastings kid" ' he is gonna be a superstar" etc, the usual ott stuff i say about young blokes coming thru who i know some backgrouind on and i told her about his dad, Kevin and what a legend he was at Easts etc

so we're on the hill and Jacks is killing it and ive noticed a woman taking pics and another cheering everything he does and weve worked out its his Mum, aunt, family etc

so we were pretty pumped about how great he was and we ven raved on about how he has a similar build to Josh Dugan and we laugh at how thats what Dugan will look like if he ever gets to put on th Red V shirt

later on as the first grade warmups are going on i notice Jackson walking with a mate towards where we were on the hill and as he passes i yell out "Jacks, good game mate" and he looks at me nods his head and keeps walking towards his family as i turn and tell my Kid again, "luv him, what a great kid 'eh" and she starts grinning like crazy and nxt i know Jackson is in front of me with his hand out saying, thanks mate as i shake hands and tell him again what a great game he had

just thought id share that :)

Father Ted

First Grade
sign him up faaaarken

IT isn't often a 17-year-old kid from the Holden Cup becomes a target of two of the most powerful men in rugby league - Wayne Bennett and Nick Politis.
But then Jackson Hastings though isn't your normal footy player.
They say he is a future champion ... and that is why Bennett wants him at Newcastle and Politis is chasing him for the Roosters.
Six clubs are interested in Hastings, the son of Eastern Suburbs legend Kevin "Horrie" Hastings.
Young Hastings has received interest from the Sydney Roosters, St George Illawarra, Newcastle, North Queensland, Brisbane and possibly Penrith.
The Dragons, Roosters, Knights and Cowboys have made formal offers.
He is currently playing in the Dragons' under-20s Holden Cup team. He played fullback against Parramatta on Saturday night. It is understood the Knights have made a significant offer while Politis wants him at Bondi.

"The fact is Nick has loved 'Horrie' all his life," said Jackson's manager, Sam Ayoub. "Horrie is a club legend at the Roosters. Nick is a passionate Rooster and would love to see another Hastings at the club."
Ayoub said he would seek the best deal _ but not necessarily the richest _ for Hastings.
"We are trying to distance Jackson from all this and protect him," Ayoub said.
"He is mature but is still young. We will make a decision based on what is best for his future and from a career-path perspective."
Hastings made his Holden Cup debut in round eight against Manly, scoring a try and kicking five goals.
At the time, Horrie tweeted: "Congratulations to my youngest son Jackson debuting for Dragons 20's against Manly. Only 17 years old. Very proud old man."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wayne-bennett-nick-politis-go-after-horries-son-jackson-hastings/story-fndv38w0-1226647232674

Godz Illa

Coach
It's a matter of sitting down for a discussion with the athlete to find out their priorities in the go forward sense

Father Ted

First Grade
It's a matter of sitting down for a discussion with the athlete to find out their priorities in the go forward sense

Wish tired and emotional had sat down 18 months ago or more and got this done before it became a sh$t fight. Successful business is Proactive as well as reactive.

Latest posts