What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Arthur

T-Boon

Coach
I was a teacher at the school that Hayne, Inu and Folau went to. Any time they’d have footy training, there was this disheveled looking pimply little merkin who would pretend he was on the team. I don’t even think he was a student.

Kris Keating?
That was a real elite academic school.

84 Baby

Referee
What are you talking about? When I say the right people in the right jobs, I am referring to management in particular. These people need to be connected. It is the way the business world works. If we have the "right" people in management then the flow on is obvious and good. I think we have sort of the right people on our board. Well a damned sight better then all the previous wankers that masqueraded as management prior to the shake up and restructure. But are they connected enough to take us to the next level? I don't know.

As for TPA's, well how much were/is Cronk & Tedesco on? And surely we too could get these two some sort of decent TPA too. I don't think that these two went to the Roosters because of the TPA's, because I believe most clubs could get them too, but they chose to go to the Roosters because they are the best run club in NSW and had/have exceptional coaches and roster.

I too would have them at the top of my list if I was an elite player. You know that the money will be there as it would be with any other club you signed with. It's the other things that make the difference.
Firstly Wigers a very well connected person around their club. How’s that going for them?
Secondly just because Cronk/Tedesco are good players and “smart” enough to make good networks, doesn’t mean all good players are smart enough

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tell me when they published all the clubs 3rd party agreements a few years ago, where exactly did the Roosters sit in that pecking order?

Yeah that's right, near the bottom. So it really is about having the right people in the right positions that gets the job done. Oh who could have thunk it?
It's the unpublished advantages that make the difference.

84 Baby

Referee
They would be lucky to have me, but I'm getting my pubes platted on interview day.

Now f**k off merkin!
With the level of pashun you have here spouting your opinions as fact, I’m surprised that you aren’t putting more effort into utilising that pashun practically

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well we can speculate all we like, but the reality is we have no clue if it is true or not. But what I can see for sure is that Politis and his fellow board members are rich, savvy and connected enough for all the player managers and players to want to come to the club and be part of. They know that the club has the highest standards and the best coaching and support staff, and that life after football can be rewarding with the opportunities that the clubs management can provide.

Are we viewed this way?
Of course not because our club doesn't have these people associated with it. They're not people that management can go out and sign. There's nobody to scapegoat, sorry.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With the level of pashun you have here spouting your opinions as fact, I’m surprised that you aren’t putting more effort into utilising that pashun practically
You should see how passionate he is about platting his pubes.

Eelementary

Post Whore
There are at least 7 more explosive, faster and evasive fullbacks in the NRL at present than Guth, but I agree with you as an over all package he is one of the top 3 in my opinion too.

Not in any particular order -

Ryan Papenhuyzen
James Tedesco
Latrell Mitchell
Kalyn Ponga
AJ Brimson
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Tom Trbojevic

100%.

Gutherson isn't the quickest, or most explosive - but I would say he is one of the most complete fullbacks going around.

I'm stoked he is our captain.

Rocket man

Juniors
Tell me when they published all the clubs 3rd party agreements a few years ago, where exactly did the Roosters sit in that pecking order?

Yeah that's right, near the bottom. So it really is about having the right people in the right positions that gets the job done. Oh who could have thunk it?
Olson Fliipana released a book last year. It had a little about why he signed with the Roosters when he almost went to Cronulla.

TheRam

Coach
Olson Fliipana released a book last year. It had a little about why he signed with the Roosters when he almost went to Cronulla.

Well what did he say?

And what was happening 30 years ago, maybe totally irrelevant for today.