What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris stood down.

BunniesMan

Immortal
PENRITH has stood down former Origin centre Jamal Idris from Friday night’s match against Parramatta for disciplinary reasons.

Idris was involved in an alcohol-related incident, believed to have occurred on the Gold Coast, while the club was having the bye last weekend.

The club was made aware during the week and a decision was made to stand him down from the match against the Eels.

In a statement, in which the club stressed the decision has nothing to do with disciplinary action, Panthers General Manager Phil Gould confirmed that Idris will be “taking a break from rugby league, effective immediately.”

The Panthers management and coach Ivan Cleary are standing by the centre, who joined the club from the Gold Coast this year.

“Jamal has personal issues that the club is helping him address,” said a club official.

“He has the full support of the coaching staff and the rest of the players.”

He returned to Sydney in the off-season to join the Panthers because he was homesick and missing his mother.

The Panthers are yet to name a replacement for the game.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n-the-gold-coast/story-fni3gfvk-1226936373152

Sad story. He was all over the joint earlier this year talking about maturing and living with his mum. To me he has never had the sort of attitude necessary to fulfill his potential. A bit like Dave Taylor. I get the feeling they're too nice.

thorson1987

Coach
Article by Rothfield.

This would more than likely be closer to the truth then what that f**kwit reports

In a statement, in which the club stressed the decision has nothing to do with disciplinary action, Panthers General Manager Phil Gould confirmed that Idris will be “taking a break from rugby league, effective immediately.”

NRL_Fanatic

Juniors
Could easily be along the lines of needing a bit of time around Forster?

His Mother also hasn't been well. All the best to him..

PENRITH has stood down former Origin centre Jamal Idris from Friday night’s match against Parramatta for disciplinary reasons.

Okay then....

maple_69

Bench
I bet the Sloth had this one in the quiver for a few days waiting to drop it right before we played. Scum.

Swarzey

Bench
To me he has never had the sort of attitude necessary to fulfill his potential. A bit like Dave Taylor. I get the feeling they're too nice.

So how about you wait till you know more about the situation instead of making a pathetic comment like that?

I'm sure this incident is the result of a number of other issues building up. He's never been the sort of bloke to just go out on the piss, he's not dumb enough to throw away the image he has unless he's lost the plot.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So how about you wait till you know more about the situation instead of making a pathetic comment like that?

I'm sure this incident is the result of a number of other issues building up. He's never been the sort of bloke to just go out on the piss, he's not dumb enough to throw away the image he has unless he's lost the plot.

Me saying he's too nice?

Swarzey

Bench
Me saying he's too nice?

Comparing him to Dave Taylor, saying he doesn't have the attitude to live up to his potential. The logic is complete garbage too but that's no surprise. You just don't say those kinds of things when clearly there's more going on.

natheel

Coach
Me saying he's too nice?

No comparing him to Dave Taylor. How could you? low man even for you!

But seriously he moved down here for family reasons its clear something is going on behind the scenes whether or not its alcohol related it could be something behind driving him to drink…if it is alcohol related. Rumours his mum isn't well and its well documented he is close to his mum. The kid seems like a decent bloke and when fit and in a good frame of mind can really play well. So its not on an account of his attitude from what i see

Last edited:
His mother being ill has to be the biggest factor. Add the fact the Panthers are supporting him on his issues is a testament to the good decisions that are being made up at the foot of the mountains in recent times. I say good luck and hope he finds some inner peace. He is great for the game BUT family always comes first no matter what.

All the best and comeback soon

Liddell

Juniors
Lol BM does it again. When will you blokes get it?

Slothfield is the grub here. Couldn't give a f**k about the situation as long as he's getting one over Gould. It's pathetic.