What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris - The greatest player of ALL TIME

Bulldog Force

Referee
I love Idris, but gosh I wish he didn't get selected for Origin. The kid is only 20 years old. He's still growing into his body and doesn't need this hype/pressure so early in his career. If he crumbles tonight, we'll all know why.

redvscotty

First Grade
TBH, I cannot stand Idris, but for the good of NSW, I hope he tears those filthy canetoads a new arsehole.

Good luck to him.

Doga

Juniors
I love Idris, but gosh I wish he didn't get selected for Origin. The kid is only 20 years old. He's still growing into his body and doesn't need this hype/pressure so early in his career. If he crumbles tonight, we'll all know why.

He has only been playing RL full time for 3 years

Kiki

First Grade
maybe because Hayne isn't a winger??

i thought Jamal did well tonite. pretty amazing to score on debut.

mattyg

Bench
Didnt have enough game time but did good with the time he had. That try down his side of the field was Hayne's fault because Hayne was 10m behind the defensive line, leaving Idris 3 players to tackle...he had to come in and try and shut down the overlap, but unfortunately he wasn't able to before QLD got the pass away. He made the most of his time though he got himself involved a bit but TBH he never got any quality ball. Most of his runs were just helping the forwards out who did jack sh*t all game really. I woulda liked to see Idris steaming onto the ball a bit more from closer to the line. Hopefully he gets another shot in game 2...starting this time...but not really expecting anything

aqua_duck

Coach
Didnt have enough game time but did good with the time he had. That try down his side of the field was Hayne's fault because Hayne was 10m behind the defensive line, leaving Idris 3 players to tackle...he had to come in and try and shut down the overlap, but unfortunately he wasn't able to before QLD got the pass away. He made the most of his time though he got himself involved a bit but TBH he never got any quality ball. Most of his runs were just helping the forwards out who did jack sh*t all game really. I woulda liked to see Idris steaming onto the ball a bit more from closer to the line. Hopefully he gets another shot in game 2...starting this time...but not really expecting anything
your a biased merkin. Idris ran in and went for the decoy runner which created the space for Inglis, it was a bad read in defence

mattyg

Bench
There was 2 players outside of Idris in attack and nobody in defence. Hayne was back 10m behind the defensive line. Idris had no choice but to come in and stop the overlap. I don't exactly blame Hayne because I don't think he should have been playing on the wing, but even if Idris marked his man and tackled his man there was still an overlap there. Idris tried to run in and stop it which was the right thing to do instead of waiting for them to come to us.

aqua_duck

Coach
so run in and try to put a big hit on the decoy was the right move? It was a bad read in defence. The guy he went for never touched the ball he was a F*CKING decoy runner, how is that coming in to try to stop the overlap?
Inglis only got outside idris because Idris came in for a hit on the decoy runner instead of staying with his man. If he stays on Inglis, Hayne just has to come up and make a one on one tackle against Boyd

Last edited:

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Either way hayne was out of position for the majority of the match. The Willie tonga try I think where hayne had moved in quite some distance.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
so run in and try to put a big hit on the decoy was the right move? It was a bad read in defence. The guy he went for never touched the ball he was a F*CKING decoy runner, how is that coming in to try to stop the overlap?
Inglis only got outside idris because Idris came in for a hit on the decoy runner instead of staying with his man. If he stays on Inglis, Hayne just has to come up and make a one on one tackle against Boyd

Didn't he go in on INGLIS? I'm pretty sure he did. But he didn't tackle he just ran up to him. Then Inglis carried on with play and scored.

I could be wrong, that's how i remember it. He rushed in on Inglis but never tackled him, which led to Inglis running down and scoring a few seconds later

Noa

First Grade

He took the wrong option runner, happens to players every game, granted though GI should be your first option everytime . He really didnt do much wrong

dragondad

First Grade
Idris did Okay at best,but man that was a shocking read he put on for that try to make it 22-14.Once again he tries to put the big hit on the decoy runner.

Doga

Juniors
your a biased merkin. Idris ran in and went for the decoy runner which created the space for Inglis, it was a bad read in defence

Actually, that try was to Lyons fault.

Idris and Hayne were left with a 3 n 2. Thurston was always going to rip them a new one

If Idris went for Inglis Thurston would have popped an easy short ball for a line break and a try.

If Idris held back it Hayne and Idris will have still been swamped by the numbers running at them.

Lose/Lose for Idris and Hayne.

Watch it again before commenting

Sleep

Juniors
It wasn't till Idris came on that the right hand side defense totally fell apart. QLD attacked down that side religiously once he did.

It's no secret he blows in defense. He was decent with the ball in hand but he made plenty of bad reads.

Danish

Referee
Yep, his defence was shown up for what it was last night.

Inglis did sweet f**k all in the first half, and only came into the game once Tahu was swapped to the other side of the field and Idris was marking him instead.