What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris - The greatest player of ALL TIME

ByRd

First Grade
View attachment 2469

So you had 4 players (Including JT) running at Lyons & Idris... Yeah it was Idris's fault:lol:
Becausehe has made mistakes in the past, people will just think "oh he was there, it was his fault", he isnt a great defender yet and i would say if he did make an error but that was not his fault

Noa

First Grade
Yeah, the only mistake Idris made was not making GI his priority. Hayne should have come in, increases the error of margin on the pass and on Boyds first break Hayne was at fault again. No need to come in

ByRd

First Grade
Exactly, that first break Hayne come running in for no reason at all, he also did it which lead to Boyds try

ouwet

Bench
Exactly, that first break Hayne come running in for no reason at all, he also did it which lead to Boyds try

Yeah QLD 1st try was a shocker... What was Hayne thinking????? He's not a winger and it showed last night.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Curious how excuses are always made for Idris' mistakes.

Also curious that all linebreaks seemed to go down his side.

ByRd

First Grade

Seriously, we know he is not the best defender but when he gets attacked when he is not at fault, we will defend him. Hayne caused that first try for rushing in and the line break by Boyd was Haynes fault, Idris had Inglis wrapped up but Hayne chose to come in for some dumb reason.

Also, as you can see in the pic for Inlgis' try, they were left heavily outnumbered, their wasnt much he could do.

The Gambler

Juniors

Yeh, what a huge coincidence - one of the games best centre defenders leaves the field and a player with less than two years experience comes on - oh wow would you look at that, points and line breaks galore.

ouwet

Bench

:lol: We're not making excuses for Idris, i didn't even believe he should've been picked in the 1st place... but i provided some proof that it wasn't his error, NSW just didn't have the numbers. What are you providing? Ignorance like always!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I dont think he did overly badly, calling for murder and carrying on here is a bit OTT i reckon.
Still though, i think its a year too early but good on him (from a QLD fan here)

Noa

First Grade
Yeh, what a huge coincidence - one of the games best centre defenders leaves the field and a player with less than two years experience comes on - oh wow would you look at that, points and line breaks galore.

Did you not watch the game. Queensland were very conservative for the first 30min, hence why most points came in the 2nd-half. As for the linebreaks being down his side, wtf, nearly all queenslands lb for the last 3 years have been down that side.

Godz Illa

Coach
View attachment 2469

So you had 4 players (Including JT) running at Lyons & Idris... Yeah it was Idris's fault:lol:
lol this still shot does not prove your point at all, in fact the contrary. Idris is running counter to the shape of the defence. The inside men are sliding with Thurston and probably had the play covered. Idris chose to rush in on the decoy man Taylor, just as Thurston knew he would. Leaving Inglis unmarked is worse than a schoolboy error really, even schoolboys would know never to do it

ouwet

Bench

Cooper was defending on the other side... Idris & Tahu swapped sides.

The Gambler

Juniors
Cooper was defending on the other side... Idris & Tahu swapped sides.
Makes Idris look worse then.

Bottom line is a good defender was moved out and a bad defender was moved in. Split hairs as much as you like, but Idris let's in more tries than your average centre. Look I like the guy, plays with passion - but is just far too inexperienced for mine. Chris Lawrence was exactly the same, two years later, he is one of the better defenders in the comp - it just takes time.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
:lol: We're not making excuses for Idris, i didn't even believe he should've been picked in the 1st place... but i provided some proof that it wasn't his error, NSW just didn't have the numbers. What are you providing? Ignorance like always!

I meant Gould.

ouwet

Bench
Makes Idris look worse then.

Bottom line is a good defender was moved out and a bad defender was moved in. Split hairs as much as you like, but Idris let's in more tries than your average centre. Look I like the guy, plays with passion - but is just far too inexperienced for mine. Chris Lawrence was exactly the same, two years later, he is one of the better defenders in the comp - it just takes time.

As i said previously i couldn't see why they picked him... I cannot see how they picked Cooper as well. Tahu, Lyon (His not a 5/8), J Morris, Lawrence and Jennings are all better then Cooper & Idris (At this stage for Idris) IMO.

bazza

Immortal
He seems like a big guy who doesn't really know how to play football.

Struggles with things like defensive positioning and running into gaps.

I am sure in U16s he was 20kg heavier than everyone else, so they just gave him the ball and ran through everyone.

He will have to learn a few things or play in the 2nd row

aqua_duck

Coach
I seriously give up with Dogs fans and journos, Idris is the new wolfman, he can simply do no wrong. He made 1 decent run and the rest of the time he failed to make an impact other than falling over the line from a metre out.
Seriously dogs fans think their players can do no wrong, they need to wake up and smell the roses, the dogs have won as many games as Cronulla this year!