What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris - The greatest player of ALL TIME

The Gambler

Juniors
Not experienced enough in defence. Stupid picking him on the bench in the first place, he just isn't ready. Not saying he was atrocious last night, but he wasn't Origin standard either.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Hes what? 17? 18? on Origin debut, off the bench marking Inglis.
Thought he would have been rolled but wasn't.
He actually played quite well, and thought it was good for him to get the try, will do his confidence some good.
Kid has some awesome potential in him, maybe Origin was a year early however

Bigfella

Coach
Gus was very keen to blame Jayne for some appalling midfield defence between idris and lyon last night.

It was embarrassing.

maybe because Hayne isn't a winger??

i thought Jamal did well tonite. pretty amazing to score on debut.

are you serious?
Hayne is not a winger? (learn something new everyday)

amazing to score on debut?
yeh was a great try, I mean lyon did most of the work but still Idris fell over the line, he should of got MotM tbh....
:sarcasm:

Binga

Juniors
Didnt have enough game time but did good with the time he had. That try down his side of the field was Hayne's fault because Hayne was 10m behind the defensive line, leaving Idris 3 players to tackle...he had to come in and try and shut down the overlap, but unfortunately he wasn't able to before QLD got the pass away. He made the most of his time though he got himself involved a bit but TBH he never got any quality ball. Most of his runs were just helping the forwards out who did jack sh*t all game really. I woulda liked to see Idris steaming onto the ball a bit more from closer to the line. Hopefully he gets another shot in game 2...starting this time...but not really expecting anything

WOW!! :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
According to reports, not only will Idris hold his spot but he will more than likely be a starter for the next match because, and I quote, of his "tremendous impact on game 1".

No I'm not making this up.

Fibroman

First Grade
He was OK, but I really think Jennings would have had more impact and was a better option for a game breaker, but Bellamy has been spoilt rotten at Melbourne with a wealth of players and wouldn't know his a.... from his elbow when it comes to selecting a team. He'd have to scratch and smell.

The Gambler

Juniors
According to reports, not only will Idris hold his spot but he will more than likely be a starter for the next match because, and I quote, of his "tremendous impact on game 1".

FFS. A couple of great runs, but honestly find a forward to make that impact - thats all they were anyway really, a couple of good one up bursts.

Can't carry a bloke in the back line who is going to let in a handful of tries.

that has to be a joke right?
skeepe stop with the lies

ouwet

Bench

Based on Last Nights performace not many players from last night should be picked next game... St George players AGAIN showed they choke under pressure, all were SHOCKING for the NSW Blues(Boyd was good for QLD)...

Ennis was probably best on field for the Blues... Great work rate, no silly errors like Robbie Farahs two shockers last year, the guy thinks his JT or Joey.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Based on Last Nights performace not many players from last night should be picked next game... St George players AGAIN showed they choke under pressure, all were SHOCKING for the NSW (Boyd was good for QLD)...

Ennis was probably best on field for the Blues... Great work rate, no silly errors like Robbie Farahs two shockers last year, the guy thinks his JT or Joey.

as long as your bagging dragons players and wrapping your own, you forgot Kimmorley!
oh wait nevermind.....

ouwet

Bench
as long as your bagging dragons players and wrapping your own, you forgot Kimmorley!
oh wait nevermind.....

Do you disagree with my assessment of St George players? They just continually choke lol.:lol:

I never wrapped Kimmorley, thought he was great in defence but attack and kicking game was down. He is part of my "Not to many should be picked" part of the post (Same as Idris).

God-King Dean

Immortal
Made 2 defensive mistakes which lead to 2 Boyd linebreaks. The first one didn't lead to a try luckily, but the 2nd one did. And of course the it was glossed over by Gould who somehow made it out to be Hayne's fault; he said Hayne should have been up in Inglis' face; of course, it had nothing to do with Idris trying to tackle a decoy runner.

The myth will continue.

ByRd

First Grade
Hayne & Idris were left 3 on 2 there, if Idris doesnt come in on the decoy runner then Thurston pops a short ball, it was a lose lose.

ouwet

Bench
Idris.jpg

So you had 4 players (Including JT) running at Lyons & Idris... Yeah it was Idris's fault:lol: